• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League |OT| Sent to Die

winjer

Gold Member
They literally pulled the PC version from sale. It didn't sell more than the console ones.

For one of those games, Arkham Knight. And it was only for a few months.
But the question remains, is there any data that shows how many copies were sold per pltaform?

iorek21

I hope Flash and Superman fights get nerfed because those are very lame right now.

Green Lantern was an awesome battle, Batman too, so those are okay.

Brainiac… sigh

Last edited:

Klosshufvud

This game is atleast a massive failure on PC. Less than half of Arkham Knight's peak player count. Despite that game being completely broken and had to be taken off stores. And despite the fact that it was released near a decade ago where Steam didn't possess the userbase it does today. And on Global top sellers, it's currently being outsold by a variety of old games and fairly niche Japanese games. You can say "DC was never big on PC" as much as you want but any game can go big on PC with the right conditions. Even FIFA and CoD have ton of players on PC these days.

But who am I to say anything? From what I've seen on Twitter, the devs are masters at twisting facts and opinions to their own benefit.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I hope Flash and Superman fights get nerfed because those are very lame right now.

Brainiac… sigh

Flash was OK, Superman was just annoying until you learn his pattern.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

Brainiac… sigh

The only issue I had with the FLASH fight was the tornado that felt like it simply could outpace some folks traversals. That and given how chaotic these encounters are (GL, while fun and managed to do on the first try on Hard - though admitedly in a group - had WAY too much shit going on: I'd be in the air with Boomerang, and then hit the ground and I'm like "Why am I now surrounded by a bunch of mines?") it was just too much to track both the flash and three or four tornadoes coming at you.

. . .I will say that I am pretty disappointed in that roadmap infographic if Braniac'd versions of the bosses are the only thing we're getting. Unless this gives them the chance to rework the encounters.

Shubh_C63

I mean despite all that we say about PC version being crap, Steam review is still sitting at Very Positive. With only 2000 reviews lol

Its very surprising, you would think players would have ripped a new one especially to this game.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I mean despite all that we say about PC version being crap, Steam review is still sitting at Very Positive. With only 2000 reviews lol

Its very surprising, you would think players would have ripped a new one especially to this game.

The review bombers with 1.1 hours of playtime are claiming Steam is deleting reviews under the order of WB. There were never 7,000 reviews on Steam.

xdp2sfetwjgc1.png

SCB3

The only issue I had with the FLASH fight was the tornado that felt like it simply could outpace some folks traversals. That and given how chaotic these encounters are (GL, while fun and managed to do on the first try on Hard - though admitedly in a group - had WAY too much shit going on: I'd be in the air with Boomerang, and then hit the ground and I'm like "Why am I now surrounded by a bunch of mines?") it was just too much to track both the flash and three or four tornadoes coming at you.

. . .I will say that I am pretty disappointed in that roadmap infographic if Braniac'd versions of the bosses are the only thing we're getting. Unless this gives them the chance to rework the encounters.
Yea the Brainiac fight was just the Flash fight again but with more enemies and Ivy sometimes poisoned him I guess? Like I said, If I do decide to ever jump back in those Fights being a reskin of the earlier ones is not what I'd want

Beat the story last night. It's a fine Suicide Squad story overall (looking forward to the tie-in comics btw) but I have mixed feelings about the tail end of the game. Almost immediately after I made my previous post (where I praised the gameplay), it just took a nosedive. The Batman boss fight in particular was just awful. I was expecting something cool like the Batman experience (which brought back memories of Arkham Origins multiplayer), but nope... it was just a bog-standard boss fight where you jump over waves and shoot the giant Batman. Ugh...

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Like I said, If I do decide to ever jump back in those Fights being a reskin of the earlier ones is not what I'd want
I think joker comes with reskins of gl and superman.
Freeze, girl?, ninja/deathstroke should then come with new ones.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
I mean...

9sbkBjR.jpg

Your not wrong.
Never heard of this company. They have worked on Ragnarok, Spidey2 and AW2. Interesting.

"Founded in 2018, Sweet Baby Inc. is a narrative development and consultation studio based in Montreal and working around the globe. Our mission is to tell better, more empathetic stories while diversifying and enriching the video games industry. We aim to make games more engaging, more fun, more meaningful, and more inclusive, for everyone."

They pulled it cause the port was made in a haste by Iron Galaxy and barely functioned.
Yes and no. The original release had shaky performance (especially on a popular GPU at the time that had infamously gimped VRAM) and glaring visual glitches (like rain decals on Batman's suit not appearing). "Barely functioned" is blatantly false. The entire situation was a horrible overreaction on everyone's part. Made me realize how dumb the average PC gamer is these days.
Rocksteady recreated the port and released it back on PC.
lmao no
Rocksteady absolutely did not "recreate the port". It's the same Iron Galaxy port but with the obvious glitches fixed and some performance issues smoothed out. Emphasis on SOME, because it still has issues to this day. Only in the last couple of years have PCs been able to brute force it to a fairly steady 60fps.

dorkimoe

So I actually wanna play this. I don’t care about story or lore or whatever they do with your beloved heroes. I just enjoy playing games, I just finished Gotham knights (it’s fine). I’m aware this is more arcade style, but how’s the gameplay?

ManaByte

Gold Member
So I actually wanna play this. I don’t care about story or lore or whatever they do with your beloved heroes. I just enjoy playing games, I just finished Gotham knights (it’s fine). I’m aware this is more arcade style, but how’s the gameplay?

It's much better than Gotham Knights. GK just tried to be Arkham. I liked the story in GK a lot, but the combat was a boring Arkham clone. This is more like 60FPS Sunset Overdrive and melee is only used for specific purposes like breaking shielded enemies or applying afflictions.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Gotham knights is a better game, a single player narrative experience with more intimate, skill based combat. As you said this game is far more arcade in the combat experience, a lot of movement and killing large groups of enemies; it feels pretty good when you get used to the movement/controls though.
This game is also live service, while gotham knights isn't, so this has an "end game" loop with future content planned whereas gotham knights is basically one and done.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
If you mean a shit Arkham clone with horrible hit boxes and bad impact, sure.
It's not an arkham clone, whatever that means...shadow of mordor would be more an arkham clone since it has the same freeflow combat, gotham knights has its own, more beat em up like combat system that's nothing like arkham.
And I've come to prefer it, batman and enemies sliding around like the floor is a giant slip and slide looks stupid.

Klosshufvud

Rocksteady blasting IGN for stoking the rage bait flames:
5euoiup0glgc1.jpeg
This is what I'm talking about with the comment of Rocksteady employees twisting words on Twitter and using manipulative tricks to create agenda. Nowhere in the article were the opinions of Kevin Conroy stated. It was simply talking from the perspective of fans, who are disappointed that this sad shit was his last role. Like the fucking irony of accusing IGN of using a dead man's words and then she does it right away in the next sentence. Complete lack of self awareness from that woman and just pure toxic attitude. Also, why is she mad that IGN is finally doing its job of not being an obvious corporate shill plant site? It's not stoking hate. It's simply expressing an opinion for a video game.

TrebleShot

This is what I'm talking about with the comment of Rocksteady employees twisting words on Twitter and using manipulative tricks to create agenda. Nowhere in the article were the opinions of Kevin Conroy stated. It was simply talking from the perspective of fans, who are disappointed that this sad shit was his last role. Like the fucking irony of accusing IGN of using a dead man's words and then she does it right away in the next sentence. Complete lack of self awareness from that woman and just pure toxic attitude. Also, why is she mad that IGN is finally doing its job of not being an obvious corporate shill plant site? It's not stoking hate. It's simply expressing an opinion for a video game.
Yeah but she’s right.
They would have spoken to him directly since they worked with him?

IGN just upset they didn’t get a review code

Last edited:

Klosshufvud

Yeah but she’s right.
They would have spoken to him directly since they worked with him?

IGN just upset they didn’t get a review code
Again, nowhere was the article claiming they were speaking on the behalf of Conroy. They didn't send review codes to anyone. Was that the cause of the bad reviews?

TrebleShot

Again, nowhere was the article claiming they were speaking on the behalf of Conroy. They didn't send review codes to anyone. Was that the cause of the bad reviews?
No but they would be better placed to provide the context of what Conroy may have thought. I mean after all he signed the contract to work on the game that should be the first indication.

Besides , we’re talking about fictional character Batman who has been killed in many instances and many haven’t been complimentary to his legacy.

The noise around it all it honestly quite childish.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Besides , we’re talking about fictional character Batman who has been killed in many instances and many haven’t been complimentary to his legacy.
The irony comes from a lot of the same people spamming WB on social media to sell the DC rights to Netflix so Zack Snyder can make a movie where Batman gets raped in prison and then cucks Superman by knocking up Lois Lane.

Last edited:

Klosshufvud

The irony comes from a lot of the same people spamming WB on social media to sell the DC rights to Netflix so Zack Snyder can make a movie where Batman gets raped in prison and then cucks Superman by knocking up Lois Lane.
Nice, managed to use the Snyder meta. Haven't seen that one in some time.

Honestly at this rate, even a blind monkey would do a better job with the DC property than the current WB executives.

MiguelItUp

The review bombers with 1.1 hours of playtime are claiming Steam is deleting reviews under the order of WB. There were never 7,000 reviews on Steam.

xdp2sfetwjgc1.png
What's funny is that in my experience with Steam as a dev, you can't just "delete reviews", especially manually. But you can flag them for removal if they violate any rules. But that's done through Steam's admin team and not the devs. If they don't violate any rules, they won't be deleted. If it was that easy we'd see a lot of deleted reviews on Steam, lol.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Never heard of this company. They have worked on Ragnarok, Spidey2 and AW2. Interesting.

"Founded in 2018, Sweet Baby Inc. is a narrative development and consultation studio based in Montreal and working around the globe. Our mission is to tell better, more empathetic stories while diversifying and enriching the video games industry. We aim to make games more engaging, more fun, more meaningful, and more inclusive, for everyone."
It’s a grift where you employ them, satisfy your internal
DEI policy, and some fat, gender queer land whale with a septum piercing turns one of your characters into a chick with a cock.

It’s like tax evasion, only shit.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Basically....GAAS games need to take a backseat to single-player games. It's obvious all publishers look at Fortnite and want that $$$. But 95% of GAAS games die an early death. Wasn't the increase to $70 supposed to appease these publishers so they didn't have to resort to GAAS and MTX?

Last edited:

Krathoon

The whole thing with Batman is kind of like Doctor Who where you have this character that does not use guns that still manages to get lots of people and other lifeforms killed.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Nearing the end and man the plot here just gets worse and worse. Combat really hasn’t expanded much at all, getting new weapons doesn’t feel all that great, and I haven’t unlocked any major new abilities. I see damage numbers going up, but so do the enemies health which feels at times I am just smacking a sponge.

Yesterday I was thinking this was a solid 7/10 game. Today it feels 4/10.

Krathoon

I was getting kind of worried when the game said "End Session" instead of "Exit Game".

Like it is intended to be online.

I was reading up on it some more. So, the game world is supposed to be more dynamic where they add content. Okay, that is kind of interesting.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I wonder if the lois lane reports in the game aren't actually videos, but an actual 3d model somewhere outside the map, because there's an actual full 3d model of lois lane in the collectables (and she thicc AF), even though you never meet her.
Well, it depends. I assume it does not push out content as you play. It may be fine.
it doesn't, you're only online so you can get invite/be invited, the game pauses if you are solo/private.
If you turn on the fps display, it will actually also show connection information/data transfer if you are playing in coop.

SkylineRKR

And all those games suffer glaring issues when it comes to writing.

Signing them is is just virtue signaling, a means to ensure your product checks all the boxes for the crybabies.

I think it won't last. They obviously don't vote with their wallets. MCU movies are hitting rock bottom for example. Hogwarts, despite actively boycotting this game has brought them nowhere. The game was the best seller of 2023.

I wonder if the lois lane reports in the game aren't actually videos, but an actual 3d model somewhere outside the map, because there's an actual full 3d model of lois lane in the collectables (and she thicc AF), even though you never meet her.

it doesn't, you're only online so you can get invite/be invited, the game pauses if you are solo/private.
If you turn on the fps display, it will actually also show connection information/data transfer if you are playing in coop.
*a game so woke it might make spider man 2 blush*

*And then inexplicably Lois Lane has a giant fat ass accentuated by jeans tighter than any JL super suit that you can examine and zoom all in on in the model viewer*

I don’t get it man lol

Last edited:

Flabagast

Nearing the end and man the plot here just gets worse and worse. Combat really hasn’t expanded much at all, getting new weapons doesn’t feel all that great, and I haven’t unlocked any major new abilities. I see damage numbers going up, but so do the enemies health which feels at times I am just smacking a sponge.

Yesterday I was thinking this was a solid 7/10 game. Today it feels 4/10.
Of course, and why did you buy the game in the first place ? Such a weird decision, there are red flags everywhere

Top Bottom