• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Arkham Knight’ Now Has More Players Than ‘Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League’ On Steam

Draugoth

Gold Member
  • Rocksteady's Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is struggling to attract players on Steam, being outdone by the 9-year-old game Batman: Arkham Knight.
  • Some fans have reacted negatively to Suicide Squad's live service gameplay, though others have been more positive about the game.
  • Future content updates could potentially revive its playerbase.

Rocksteady's Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is struggling to attract much of a playerbase on Steam, as the game is currently being outdone by the studio's own Batman: Arkham Knight, a game that's nearly nine years old at this point. Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League has been fighting an uphill battle ever since it was announced to be a live service game, with many fans outright rejecting the concept.

batman-arkham-knight-and-suicide-squad-steam-player-count.jpg

To its credit, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League currently has a "Very Positive" overall rating on Steam, so the game clearly has its fans. The problem is that there are not enough people playing it, with 4,087 players in-game right now according to Steambase.io, while Rocksteady's 9-year-old Batman: Arkham Knight has 4,391 players in-game. It's possible that these numbers are off, but regardless, it's clear that Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is having a serious problem with getting people to actually buy and play the game.​

Source

I want to keep playing it, but it runs like ass on my (admittedly outdated) PC. I have genuinely enjoyed what I've played, I've had a lot of fun with pals blowing stuff up.

Saber

Gold Member
They probably went back because the strong inplication that Suicide Squad devs desperadly try to force in order to sell, and most wondered "does this really feel like Arkhan games at all?".
This with a mix of some kind of guilt for being too critical of Arkhan Knight.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

On a whim, I started Arkham Knight again last week and beat it. Looks like Suicide Squad's advertising had a subliminal effect on me and others.
Yeah, I booted up Arkham Knight and played for a few hours this week. Didn’t like it originally (well, after patches), but it kind of grew on me.

Also, environments still look good after all this time, at least on PC side.

Hey Rocksteady, you might be able to sell a few million new copies of Arkham Knight if you patched it for 9th gen consoles.
Maybe that would prevent WB from shutting you down.
Just a thought.

Eh, I just finished playing it on PS5. The resolution could be higher but unless you're a 60 fps whore... it's fine.

OrtizTwelve

Arkham Knight is an actual good game that people want to play and enjoy playing still. It was great when it was released and the passion and effort really shows when you experience the game.

Suicide Squad is just another shitty and mediocre GAAS bargain bin game already forgotten that has no soul, no substance, and no passion in it. It's merely an instrument designed to collect micro transactions and payments while in return providing a lazily designed facade of an actual game. The game sucks, pure and simple.

Add it to the long growing list of "AAA Blockbuster" blunders. We can only hope these "developers" start to get the hint that we're not interested in their trash.

Last edited:
It’s people asking themselves:

“man… were their past games really this shitty?”
Meme Think GIF

, after playing Suicide Squad and going back to find out that no, no they were not.
Arkham Knight, though...yeesh...probably my fault about what happened to Rockstar since, considering the curse I put on them for forcing that bat tank on me.

Holammer

Hilarious. It's not even a misrepresentation, looking at Knight's full details on SteamDB reveals there's been steady 2k'ish+ peaks daily since 2016.
Recent hoopla increased interest of course.

nkarafo

There are plenty of memes about how Arkham Knight, a 9 year old game, looks better (and it's a better game) than this. I assume this refreshed popularity is the reason.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I actually have been letting my son play some Arkham Knight on my PS5. He prefers Spider-Man 2, but he’s still getting some kicks out of it.

Shin-Ra

gK7bSSL.png

Let’s overthink this.

Bebop and Rocksteady are a fictional duo of a mutant warthog and mutant rhinoceros that have made appearances as characters in various media releases of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise. The two characters are henchmen who follow the orders of the franchise's chief antagonist, Shredder, the leader of the Foot Clan. Their names are both derived from genres of music: bebop is a style of jazz, while rocksteady is a Jamaican music style, a precursor to reggae.

So DC Games are Shredder and we don’t have a Bebop or Reggae game dev yet. TMNT IP is owned by Nickelodeon/Paramount complicating things further.

Neff

I really hope that this is the one which finally shakes things up and gets publishers to realise that Fortnite and Destiny were both against-all-odds flukes which happened to be in the right place at the right time, and stop playing this stupid fucking studio-murdering, astronomical stakes lottery.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
gK7bSSL.png

Let’s overthink this.

Bebop and Rocksteady are a fictional duo of a mutant warthog and mutant rhinoceros that have made appearances as characters in various media releases of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise. The two characters are henchmen who follow the orders of the franchise's chief antagonist, Shredder, the leader of the Foot Clan. Their names are both derived from genres of music: bebop is a style of jazz, while rocksteady is a Jamaican music style, a precursor to reggae.

So DC Games are Shredder and we don’t have a Bebop or Reggae game dev yet. TMNT IP is owned by Nickelodeon/Paramount complicating things further.

Are you fucking high?

Top Bottom