• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Kill The Justice League adds Denuvo DRM before launch, Rocksteady pulls Suicide Squad an hour into early access due to glitch

Draugoth

Gold Member
suicide-squad-denuvo-drm-580x334.jpg

Anti-tamper technology Denuvo has been added to Suicide Squad Kill The Justice League according to its Steam store page. The DRM (digital rights management) technology has come under fire over the years for how it impacts a player’s ability to engage with what they purchase, and now it looks like it’ll be in the Suicide Squad game.

suicide-squad-denuvo-drm-1-550x309.jpg

Developer Rocksteady was alao forced to pull Suicide Squad servers offline less than an hour into its early access release, after players experienced a bug which automatically completed the game after they logged in for the first time.

Screenshot-2024-01-29-122545-1024x571.jpg

Rocksteady took the servers offline and told players the downtime would last several hours while it investigated the auto-game-completion bug.

“We’re aware that a number of players are currently experiencing an issue whereby upon logging into the game for the first time, they have full story completion,” the studio said.

MiguelItUp

Still a shame that people can't comfortably buy a game when it's available at launch and play it as intended. Especially after paying almost $100 for one game. 🤦‍♂️

I mean, these kind of things unfortunately aren't new, especially with live service games at launch, but come on man, lmao.

great british bake off headshake GIF by BBC

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Of course they did.

The only thing that I'm curious about is if all of those people that were affected got their trophies and achievements automatically granted or not.

MiguelItUp

I mean if Fallout 76 can survive, I won't count this game out just yet.
Yeah, honestly, plenty of live service games have survived mishaps and are still running today. Some doing pretty well, some doing really well, so anything can happen. It just depends on how well it's handled and managed.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
This shit is old with developers releasing half finished, bug ridden "AAA" releases at premium $69.99 and above pricing.
They bitch and complain we're getting a "bargain" and that we're "underpaying" for these games.

This is tiresome bullshit.

P.S. it's not helping when gamers are out there buying these garbage releases, basically telling developers they're ok
with the sorry state of the release.

Stop buying shitty, half finished, bug ridden games!

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
And yet another one of these asshole companies fucks up the already shitty practice of early release.

“Hey we can’t seem to launch finished games because we’re assholes.” “Well, how about we release them earlier… and charge extra?”

Nvzman

This makes me worried about Rockstar and GTA 6
Why? This is all WB's stupidity, and on top of that Rockstar has been working on GTA6 for at least 7-8 years now, the leaked stuff showed the game was in decent shape.
RDR2 was a fantastic game, I think the approach of keeping the multiplayer supplementary to the single player has been working out for them and I don't see that changing even with GTAO.

Power Pro

Still a shame that people can't comfortably buy a game when it's available at launch and play it as intended. Especially after paying almost $100 for one game. 🤦‍♂️

I mean, these kind of things unfortunately aren't new, especially with live service games at launch, but come on man, lmao.

great british bake off headshake GIF by BBC
Let's not forget, like some stupid people keep trying to tell us "games are too cheap as it is"...yeah, not when they ship like this more often than not.

what do we think they’ll do in terms of the folks who paid extra for the edition that has this early access? Especially as the servers are down for “several hours” now..

MiguelItUp

Let's not forget, like some stupid people keep trying to tell us "games are too cheap as it is"...yeah, not when they ship like this more often than not.
I'll never understand that logic personally, but to each their own. IMO as long as the devs that matter are paid and happy, the prices really don't need to be increased massively. Especially if we're moving more towards a more digital age.

When people buy games, especially preorder, they should work day 1, no questions asked. Even more so if folks that have access are buying something that costs more than the regular version.

This might the biggest AAA game crash and burn of all-time. The years of development. The millions of dollars spent. What can really compare?
I wouldn't go that far personally. There were plenty of AAA games that launched (not early) and had severe issues. I mean, Diablo 3 is just one example that I can think of, but there were plenty. The severity of this issue all depends on how long it takes them to fix it, if any more come up, etc.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

I wouldn't go that far personally. There were plenty of AAA games that launched (not early) and had severe issues. I mean, Diablo 3 is just one example that I can think of, but there were plenty. The severity of this issue all depends on how long it takes them to fix it, if any more come up, etc.

I specifically talking about sales. Return on investment. This game is going to flop hard. Everyone can see it.

MiguelItUp

I specifically talking about sales. Return on investment. This game is going to flop hard. Everyone can see it.
I think a lot of it is a question mark at this point, we won't really know until we see numbers. WB has deep pockets, so they won't care, but who knows about how things will go for Rocksteady.

It very well could, but people said the same thing about Fallout 76, and it's somehow still going. Even receiving new content. I think a lot of people just really want the game to flop hard, and I can admit I can't remember another game that had these levels of people wanting a game to fail THIS much.

Top Bottom