• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSBlog: First details on Helldivers 2 do-op and combat gameplay (New co-op and combat trailer)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Unpopular opinion? Helldivers 2 is just a more interesting Armored Core VI?

Build your Helldiver / Mech before match. Both relatively difficult. Helldivers 2 significantly better at creating interesting, heroic "water cooler" moments.

Popular opinion? Comparing two unreleased games in such a way is childish and lame.
Yes

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Damn, so co-op only huh? It's a shame, looks like a ton of fun.

The first game was playable with 1 through 4 players. I remember playing solo a lot because it was easier to grind (purchase strategems) by yourself. Once you unlocked what you wanted though, playing solo got boring and the fun was to be had with 2 - 4 players. I vaguely remember 4 being too chaotic and 3 players was the sweet spot.

skit_data

God it's hard on the ears hearing the swedish accent, probably because that's exactly how one sounds speaking english.

On topic: Looks like good fun, I never played the first game but I gotta try this with a couple of friends.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Looking at these gifs again. Damn can't wait for this! Cool Starship Troopers vibe while i'm also playing the StarShip Troopers FPS game on PC atm.

Is this story focused or GAAS type endless adventure?

I wish this or Remnant 2 had a.i partners. Playing solo is viable but also the worst way to play these games.

Remnant 2 has a 4th class with a dog that can revive you. Tailor made for solo play.

Other 3 classes are typical long range, close range, medic. Which compliment each other.

I think they made a good selection of classes.

Top Bottom