• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSBlog: Helldivers 2 Galactic War gameplay detailed + New Trailer

Draugoth

Gold Member
00b432c63c88b14d3bcf796380edb26e37c01032.jpeg

One of the key features of Helldivers 2 is The Galactic War. Super Earth’s territories are under siege on all fronts by monstrous enemies hell-bent on destroying humanity’s way of life. From the war table aboard your ship, your team can watch as the conflict unfolds and take part in battles across the universe. Do your part to advance the frontlines in the name of Freedom and Managed Democracy.​

The Helldivers​

Helldivers are the true heroes of Super Earth. As an elite soldier, you have the full might of Super Earth’s arsenal at your disposal. Use your lethal array of stratagems and weaponry to defend its colonizers and liberate planets from enemy forces.

Rise through the ranks and take on increasingly difficult missions to solidify your place in Helldiver history – and if one Helldiver should perish, that’s just an opportunity for another Citizen to realize their dream. Prosperity and liberty are your core values and it’s your privilege to spread them.

The enemy factions​

The robotic Automatons and the bug-like Termininds terrorize Super Earth citizens in the biggest conflict since the last Helldiver mobilization, over one hundred years ago. Each faction operates differently, and requires their own strategies – and stratagems – to face.

The work of a Helldiver never ends as more planets fall into the enemy’s clutches and the battle rages on. Play your part in an evolving war to reclaim planets for Super Earth and spread democracy and liberty to the furthest reaches of the galaxy. Conquer not only Super Earth’s foes but the elements themselves, as you brave a plethora of environmental hazards on the surface of alien worlds.

Missions and operations​

Unite with your comrades in arms and monitor the conflict at the War Table together.

Assemble around the Galactic War map with your squad and choose your mission.

Once you choose a planet, the War Table will allow you to choose an operation to partake in. Operations consist of up to three missions, with a variety of primary objectives, like eradicating bug infestations, destroying enemy supplies, and retrieving valuable data.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
They have been doing a terrible job marketing this game.

Only a few days away from launch they've started to show off what's really great and unique about it.

Sony should probably think of laying off half of their marketing department before even thinking about touching the Ratchet team, fucking cunts.

Last edited:
This game director has to be one of the most charismatic and well spoken people I've ever seen describe their own game. No "uhhs" or awkwrad pauses. Even the second guy couldn't do that. Very interesting.

I wasn't really excited for this game and still am not really. But I may have to buy it now because of the way he described it and the fact that this looks like a game that would have come out during the PS3 boom of uniqueness that we're sorely missing these days. Kind of reminds me of Warhawk.

tmlDan

I know what i was excited for since i expected it to be this, but hopefully others are now convinced that this game is legit.

Very excited for it

Only a few days away from launch they've started to show off what's really great and unique about it.

Sony should probably think of laying off half of their marketing department before even thinking about touching the Ratchet team, fucking cunts.
They don't own the studio, relax will ya.

Psycho behavior over here

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member

Completely agree

demigod

No need for marketing, PC will carry this game.

StueyDuck

No need for marketing, PC will carry this game.
Also it's the exact game the first one was... and that had quite a following on PC at one point.

I'm not quite understanding the weird hate boners you see for this game in every thread.

You really don't need to market GAAS games. It is much more about word of mouth once it gets released

StueyDuck

The guy was complimenting the game and said he thinks they should show it off more. You're being hypersensitive here.
The person went on a rant about firing the ratchet team and moaning about Sony even though it's a second party title...

Talk about hypersensitivity.

The game looks great, the first game was great. I don't know what telling people there's a world map did to change everyone's minds 🤣 all of the trailers have been great, anyone who had played the original understood it from day 1.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
The person went on a rant about firing the ratchet team and moaning about Sony even though it's a second party title...

Talk about hypersensitivity.

The game looks great, the first game was great. I don't know what telling people there's a world map did to change everyone's minds 🤣 all of the trailers have been great, anyone who had played the original understood it from day 1.
Is Sony publishing? They handle marketing.

StueyDuck

I have no idea. I just ignored that part. Seems he doesn't want the Ratchet team fired? I don't know what that's about.
So why are you white knighting for people who seem to be on random tirades of delusional madness instead of being excited about a video game.

Everyone else here understood helldivers 2 is a sequel to helldivers 1 and is excited for it for that reason.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
So what does that have to do with the ratchet team
I have no idea. I just ignored that part. Seems he doesn't want the Ratchet team fired? I don't know what that's about.

I think he’s referring to the talks about layoffs at Insomniac from the leaks.
He seems the game, likes Insomniac and saying he thinks people in marketing should be the ones to get the axe if any for underselling Helldivers 2.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
So why are you white knighting for people who seem to be on random tirades of delusional madness instead of being excited about a video game.

Everyone else here understood helldivers 2 is a sequel to helldivers 1 and is excited for it for that reason.
Why are you freaking out? No one said a bad word about this game in this thread. Everyone said it looks good and this is the best trailer. I wouldn't call you delusional, but you're getting close.

Ozriel

M$FT

Looks really good, and great way to show off the game with solid slices of gameplay.

Hopefully this does very well. I’ll probably pick this up on PC since I’m on the move often these days…and Sony has been pretty good with Steamdeck support.

Perrott

Gold Member
Insomniac leaks mentioned that, since orders from SIE were to cut the fat all across the board, Ted Price was under pressure from higher ups to let go of the skeleton crew doing pre-production on the next Ratchet game.

So I say, perhaps they should nuke their video editing team over at PS Studios marketing instead, because it is unacceptable from a business standpoint that Helldivers II, a game announced in May of last year, is only getting its firsts legitimately good marketing beats (the launch trailer and this Galactic War walkthrough) a week before launch after streak of four or five mediocre showings in a row over the last 8 months.

Last edited:

What's the problem about promoting your game close to release? Pre-ordering takes a few seconds only lmao.
I don't think Sony games are lacking promo in any way...

drotahorror

if i only had friends :(
I don't have any either but still preordered. Hopefully with enough TKing, I'll meet someone just like me that enjoys being a piece of shit as much as I do!

I'm kidding but I do hope I can find someone to play with.

One thing I've noticed is visibility is brutal. I'm expecting to get rekt.

Perrott

Gold Member
What's the problem about promoting your game close to release? Pre-ordering takes a few seconds only lmao.
I don't think Sony games are lacking promo in any way...
Oh, that's not the problem, the actual problem was that all the Helldivers II trailers released throughout 2023 were miserable at worst or very mediocre at best, doing the game a great disservice now that we've seen how good it can actually look when you make a properly edited trailer out of it - as evidenced by today's video or last week's launch trailer.

Sushi_Combo

Oh, that's not the problem, the actual problem was that all the Helldivers II trailers released throughout 2023 were miserable at worst or very mediocre at best, doing the game a great disservice now that we've seen how good it can actually look when you make a properly edited trailer out of it - as evidenced by today's video or last week's launch trailer.
Destiny trailers look really good until you play it and realize it's mostly shit.

Perrott

Gold Member
Destiny trailers look really good until you play it and realize it's mostly shit.
Yet it was because of the great marketing that Destiny ended up becoming a thing and the most successful new IP launch in history up until the arrival of The Division, regardless of the average overall quality of vanilla Destiny 1.

Last edited:

Sushi_Combo

Yet it was because of the great marketing that Destiny ended up becoming a thing and the most successful new IP launch in history up until the arrival of The Division, regardless of the average overall quality of vanilla Destiny 1.
D1 still had a rock solid gameplay loop.
I'm referring to D2 and how it's fallen off a cliff.

Calverz

Did they talk about how the pc version uses DRM nProtect Gameguard which installs on pc and stays there unless you download a removal tool?

[Sigma]

200w.gif

The Finals and now this. This is the most ive been excited for multiplayer shooters in a loooonnnng time. I loved the first game and this is shaping up to be a worthy sequel.

Last edited:
Top Bottom