• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan Rumoured Leak: Justice League Cast and Plot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darkseid is gonna be a freaking cloud, isn't he?

JQIyvlE.png

Corpsepyre

Banned
They should just get Paul Verhoeven in. Have a killer scene like the DC Universe Online intro in there, and be Kickass as all hell.

At this point I've completely given up on DCEU, and just wanna see how bad it gets before it all burns down to the ground. As a DC fan, I'm not a fan of the world Snyder has created, and I would very much like a reboot.

213372bu

Banned
Anons on 4chan have leaked lots of stuff especially regarding Marvel and DC.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the more reaching things like booting Snyder for JL 2 is just actual corporate panic over huge losses and huge investments on a franchise that is doing shocking below any expectations.

Crazier shit has happened.

Walpurgis

Banned
Sounds cool and all, but...mega LOL@ Cyborg to have a black director. Ofcourse.
I think most of the prominent black directors are good. And they won't use any no names.

Anyone know if there is a black Snyder? Someone who churns out crap but keeps getting work?

KonradLaw

At this point I've completely given up on DCEU, and just wanna see how bad it gets before it all burns down to the ground. As a DC fan, I'm not a fan of the world Snyder has created, and I would very much like a reboot.
Geez. I know some people hated BvS, but isn't it a bit too histerical? We didn't get even one non-Snyder DCEU movie yet.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I think most of the prominent black directors are good. And they won't use any no names.

Anyone know if there is a black Snyder? Someone who churns out crap but keeps getting work?

Thats fine. However, why does it absolutely have to be a black director to direct a movie with a black superhero? Cant someone who's not black do the job as well? Same with female directors being looked at for female superheroes. Just doesn't make sense. Hollywood is just attempting at going full force with political correctness. Forced too, for I might add. Ofcourse there might be other reasons, but I don't see them.

Geez. I know some people hated BvS, but isn't it a bit too histerical? We didn't get even one non-Snyder DCEU movie yet.

I know it is. I'm sorry if it comes off as too dramatic, but I've had faith in DC since 2012 to deliver a proper DCEU. Four years later, they have a Superman who's awful, Lex who is not even Lex, and one film that's barely good, and another that's a total mess. I'm just disappointed, man.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I know it is. I'm sorry if it comes off as too dramatic, but I've had faith in DC since 2012 to deliver a proper DCEU. Four years later, they have a Superman who's awful, Lex who is not even Lex, and one film that's barely good, and another that's a total mess. I'm just disappointed, man.

We still got Batman. Arguably the best interpretation of him on screen as well. Not all is lost.

As Patrice O'Neal once said, "there are no black Woody Harrelsons."

Thats fine. However, why does it absolutely have to be a black director to direct a movie with a black superhero? Cant someone who's not black do the job as well? Same with female directors being looked at for female superheroes. Just doesn't make sense. Hollywood is just attempting at going full force with political correctness. Forced too, for I might add. Ofcourse there might be other reasons, but I don't see them.

Because at the very least a black person should be allowed to direct a movie with a leading black star and likely dealing with black themes. That's not to say that a black man or a woman can't direct a film with a white male lead but imagine just hiring some white dude to direct "Black Panther." That would be fucked up.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yeah, with how good the show is, I don't think the movie can touch it. Definitely don't think Ezra Miller can do as good a job as Gustin, even if he's not going for the same personality.

I'm not even necessarily commenting on the show's quality as a whole (although I do like it a lot) but Season 1's Reverse Flash is probably the single best live action version of a comic villain I think I've seen ever

This is the standard against which any future Reverse Flash is measured

Busty

Banned
That all sounds like info that has been iterated from the same rumours that have ben floating around the net for months.

Apart from the casting (which sounds awesome for the most part) everything else is vague enough to seem legit.

Also, why has Dark Universe been shelved? It seems to me that this 'insider' couldn't find anything new rumours regarding Dark Universe so just assumed that WB has 'dumped' the project indefinitely.

Meh.

Meh all round.

Bronx-Man

Banned
When will someone look out for the white male directors of Hollywood? When will they finally get their fair shake?

Its Fant4stic and Alien Cubed all over again.

Nah, the drama behind those movies involved a ton of studio interference and confusion from suits as to what they wanted the director to be and to do.

This is closer to Prometheus: The director steered the ship straght into an iceberg and everyone basically just let the shit happen.

Corpsepyre

Banned
When will someone look out for the white male directors of Hollywood? When will they finally get their fair shake?

Actually, not even talking about 'white' singularly, but those of any colour. It shouldn't be a point of contention at all. What should be looked at is if the director is worth a damn rather than his/her colour, in my opinion.

I hope it's not true, sounds like the exact opposite of the type of film they need to make after BvS.

Way too ambitious and crammed in a movie universe that really just needs to play it safe and collect cash at this point. Just make a movie of the league versus Brainiac or Ocean Master (who's teamed up with Black Adam or something), don't try to put in multiple plot threads, don't make Superman do anything but smile, punch things, laugh and rescue people after his resurrection, and have Flash & Cyborg joking around while Batman gives stern looks.

I liked BvS, but they really can't gamble anything right now. Just have Snyder do what Snyder does best and make it an action packed team movie with little plot.

I do like the sound of Shawn Levy on Shazam, if they couldn't pick up Brad Bird or Raimi.

Disgraced

THE VISION OF THE SNYDER SHALT BE REALIZED

TAKE US TO THE PROMISED LAND

TAKE US TO VALHALLA

When it comes to push and shove I'm a fucking "DC-guy," and everything fucking SUCKS right now. Here's to hoping this mess is salvaged. I like some of the concepts here... not JL though. Sounds like fucking shit.

tomtom94

Actually, not even talking about 'white' singularly, but those of any colour. It shouldn't be a point of contention at all. What should be looked at is if the director is worth a damn rather than his/her colour, in my opinion.

Directorial ability is not measurable on some objective, scientific scale where director A is so good and director B is so good. It is totally legitimate to want a black director for a superhero when the experience of black people is inherent to the character.

Moreover, the point is valid. Hollywood is overwhelmingly filled with white male directors, and I find it hard to believe that that's just because white men are better at film-making.

Im going off to write a 4chan leak and I expect to see it on the front page here and at reddit hq by the end of the week

Hahaha I cant right now.
Edit: See guy aboves post

Not sure why it's bad that diversity should be both in front of the camera and behind it.

If anything, the real issue is that studios don't seem overly concerned with it outside of movies like this. Like, it's great that they want a woman to direct Wonder Woman, but if it stops there then what's really being accomplished?

The League members all being shown to be dysfunctional, angry people that could have tipped over to the dark side easily if circumstances were a little different.

God I really hope this isn't true. The whole "everyone in the DCCU is angry and brooding" is just so dull and not fun. They already made Superman a darker character (twice) and it really didn't work that well, he should have been the lighter side of the movie, in contrast to Batman's dark side.

They need to inject some heart and fun into the Justice League movie or it will just could just repeat some of BvS's problems. A movie can be dark and still have some fun elements, something BvS seriously needed, I mean Suicide Squad has the darker DC tone, but it still looks like a fun movie.

Dahbomb

Man that sounds like a bloated mess already.

Also LOL @ going the dark psychological route AGAIN with JL. It's so outrageous that it might actually be true after BvS.

They are tripling down on making everyone like Batman!

Biggest WTF is Doomsday returning in the WW movie/universe... the hell?

Corpsepyre

Banned
Not sure why it's bad that diversity should be both in front of the camera and behind it.

If anything, the real issue is that studios don't seem overly concerned with it outside of movies like this. Like, it's great that they want a woman to direct Wonder Woman, but if it stops there then what's really being accomplished?

I understand that. On a side note, what do you think would be the reaction if, let's say, someone like George Miller, who has written a really good female character, in Furiosa, would get the Wonder Woman gig rather than a female? Would you be outraged or would you be fine with such a decision, given that he can write and direct a good female character? Just curious.

The Flash will feature Reverse Flash but has a twist unlike it's TV counter-part.

Barry IS the Reverse Flash, in keeping with the theme of each of them could have been evil.

Through ridiculous movie logic, it will be possible for both Barrys to exist simultaneously. They will take this path even though it would be simpler to say the Reverse Flash is from an alternate universe.

This sounds bad enough to be real

pretty much, lol

I will be absolutely amazed if they keep Snyder on as director of JL... like, how bad does it have to get?

I could totally see them taking the wrong message out of this and making the movie a tryhard comedy (to emulate Marvel) which would end up even worse if Snyder was in charge.

Hell I don't see the DCCU ending well at all; unless Wonder Woman kills it (and it could cause it has a great director).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom