• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan Rumoured Leak: Justice League Cast and Plot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fury451

Banned
I feel like this is a fake to piss people off because this is exactly what people have been complaining about in BvS.

I mean...in reality, most heroes would probably be like that, so it's "realistic" until they find their identity and embrace doing good.

But that's why Superman needs to be the beacon to lead them.

Considering he's been a largely bland and angsty tool in the DCCU so far though, well...

I mean...in reality, most heroes would probably be like that, so it's "realistic" until they find their identity and embrace doing good.

But that's why Superman needs to be the beacon to lead them.

Considering he's been a largely bland and angsty tool in the DCCU so far though, well...

Their "WHAT IF HEROES IN REAL LIFE?!" is shit. It's SHIIIIIT!!!

Platy

Never again.

vQkvbl0.jpg

Danm I was thinking BY2K was joking about Galactus .... I totaly deleted that from my memory

Pre-BvS I would not have believed a word of this.

Now though...

League members all being shown to be dysfunctional, angry people that could have tipped over to the dark side easily if circumstances were a little different.

Bull.

SHIT.

Fury451

Banned
Their "WHAT IF HEROES IN REAL LIFE?!" is shit. It's SHIIIIIT!!!

I don't disagree at all.

But it could work if it was handled well. Problem is, I'm not convinced anyone behind these projects, the studio expecially, currently knows how to do it at all.

And since they've set the tone and trajectory now, it'll be hard to course-orrect it without it being jarring.

evangd007

The existence of the phrase
"biblical undertones"
would worry me if this had any likely basis in fact.

Biblical themes were pervasive in BvS. Why would it surprise you that they would also be in Justice League?

The Legion movie rumor is funny. DC has been trying since the mid-90s to figure them out to no success.

Wazzy

Banned
I don't follow DC comics very well(my friend is the huge DC fan while I'm Marvel) but isn't Darkseid a pretty huge villain to already be using in the first Justice League film? I know BVS was setting it up but I was thinking they'll save him for later.

Anyway in regards to the rumours, those don't sound true but we'll see.

EulaCapra

I want it to be true just for the rumored confirmation of Alona Tal as Black Canary and Birds of Prey. And also a confirmation that Lois Lane won't be phased out in favor of actual superheroes. Amy Adams is too adorable to be wasted on like 3 cameo lines. No more Doomsday though please. Not unless there's some miracle breakthrough in CG.

But if I'm reading into this rumor, then no Zatanna!?.....yet?

MartyStu

Pre-BvS I would not have believed a word of this.

Now though...

League members all being shown to be dysfunctional, angry people that could have tipped over to the dark side easily if circumstances were a little different.

Bull.

SHIT.

Agreed 1000%.

I still think this is probably fake though. People making fake rumors also saw BvS.

That line about being a force of nature just makes me think of the bad guys in the Green Lantern movie and the 2nd Jessica Alba FF movie.

Hope it's bollocking but sounds like the kind of terrible JL movie the folks behind BvS and MoS would make, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if this ended up being a real leak.

It would are least hopefully be such a flop that it'd have to finally hammer home what a terrible idea the stupid, immature, grim dark approach to superheroes is.

Ogodei

Biblical themes were pervasive in BvS. Why would it surprise you that they would also be in Justice League?

The Legion movie rumor is funny. DC has been trying since the mid-90s to figure them out to no success.

Legion would match Guardians of the Galaxy in terms of appeal.

Meaning, i think that's why DC would try it and how they would angle it.

Ross61

[

First we got rumors that it's a mix between Flashpoint and Throne of Atlantis, now we have Darkseid rumors with no basis to either. Please people, stop making threads on shitty 4chan rumors .

KonradLaw

They should pursue something other than Darkseid. The Thanos comparisons are inevitable. Yes, Darkseid is the original. But the moviegoing audience is going to perceive this as a knockoff, fair or not.

Nah. Not if he appears in JL,which will be out before Avengers 3.

Jetman

Ugh, I actually didn't hate BvS and this Justice League plot sounds horrible.

The other non-team movies sound good except for Doomsday in the Wonderwoman movie. I thought hers was an origin movie?

GeeTeeCee

Was there a single 100% accurate "leaked" script or plot summary prior to BvS's release? I can't personally recall any.

This one screams fake.

MartyStu

Hope it's bollocking but sounds like the kind of terrible JL movie the folks behind BvS and MoS would make, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if this ended up being a real leak.

It would are least hopefully be such a flop that it'd have to finally hammer home what a terrible idea the stupid, immature, grim dark approach to superheroes is.

Their approach is not the issue. The quality of their work is.

The Dark Knight trilogy was super dark. It was also pretty well-written for the most part.

Green Lantern was not overly self-serious or dark, but that movie was awful, awful garbage.

The Fact that these movies are unnecessarily dark AND have heroes behaving OoC is the the insult to the injury. If these were actually well written and did a better job representing their protagonists, then there would be a lot less grumbling.

I don't disagree at all.

But it could work if it was handled well. Problem is, I'm not convinced anyone behind these projects, the studio expecially, currently knows how to do it at all.

And since they've set the tone and trajectory now, it'll be hard to course-orrect it without it being jarring.

No, it is actually a really cool approach.

WB just do not know how to execute it for shit.

Yeah pretty much what I mean. The concept is great. Worked with Nolan. But their version of it is misguided and awful.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Wait, aren't Justice League Part 1 and 2 coming out a year apart? How could they possible kick Snyder off if critical reception is bad? The second part would have to be way into production by that point.

Everything sounds too vague. New design but keeping the classic one in mind? That's typical bullshit people say to predict anything. If he looks different in any way, they're right. If he looks the same, they're right. If you want people to think you can predict the future, you just make two statements that can be read either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom