• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan Rumoured Leak: Justice League Cast and Plot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
I thought they would have him back as a secondary just to clarify on the whole
"They're coming!" bit he had with Batman. Like Batman returns to question him on what Lex learned.
It could still happen (if this rumor is true), but I doubt it if the cast lists the freaking Daily Planet crew but now Eisenberg.

They could do that, but Bruce is
already having visions of the invasion, since he dreams about Parademons
. They've set it up so he can more or less put it together on his own.

Herbs

Banned
So, Jared Leto is Jason Todd dressed up as Joker and real Joker reveals himself played by Willem Dafoe. You heard it here first.

word

i also hope SS is good - i just need good Bat movies at this point

post schumacher batman on film is batting 1000 right now.

even in the divisive (at best) batman v superman the batgod killed it tbh. i could have watched a whole 2 hours of that even under snyder's vision. there's been god knows how many rumors about WB and the DCEU but I'm quite sure that the one about execs being impressed with the batman side of things was true.

J_Viper

"His heart, Osborn! First, we attack his heart!"

We need to take the whole DCEU back to formula!

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I'VE SACRIFICED
7qCn4mF.png

itxaka

Defeatist
How many characters are in the movie? That list is huge, seems like it would end up being a bit difficult to keep track of any of those expect the big ones.

This is probably 100% bullshit but.....

How the hell could you make an Aquaman movie without Black Manta? C'mon son.

i was thinking maybe you can't really have a black villain in a movie in today's social media climate, but then again spiderman had electro.

i think if they can incorporate young justice's black manta into it would be excellent!

EDIT: a black villain by themselves. as a part of a group i think might be an easier swallow.

AHA-Lambda

- Cyborg is on the back burner until JL provides feeback on the public's reception of Cyborg. If it happens, it will have a black director. No villain has been chosen yet.

What feedback???

He was in it for 4 seconds! and the general public didn't know who he was!!

EDIT: sry mistook that for BvS =/

It appears to be capacity for good remains a theme of the movie, with the League members all being shown to be dysfunctional, angry people that could have tipped over to the dark side easily if circumstances were a little different.

Oh really? they've been such upstanding people so far >_>

Patryn

What feedback???

Until JL (read: Justice League) provides feedback.

Given that he's a member of the group and thus one of the leads of the movie, I expect his part in that film will be longer than 4 seconds.

What feedback???

EDIT: sry mistook that for BvS =/

Oh really? they've been such upstanding people so far >_>

superman saves a lot of people in that BvS montage, the problem is making it look so dour. i think snyder went too far into nihilism for this character

it's actually pretty damn realistic when you see that news montage and people's reaction to him, but damn man...smile or some shit or chill with the ominous music for one second.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
That all sounds like shit and would most certainly kill what little interest I had left in this franchise. Of course, I take it all with a grain of salt.

Dirca

Why does the potential Cyborg movie need a "black director"? I know Cyborg is black, but that alone warrants a black director? I couldn't give a shit on a character's ethnicity or the ethnicity of a director as long as the character is written well and the director is competant.

Blader

superman saves a lot of people in that BvS montage, the problem is making it look so dour. i think snyder went too far into nihilism for this character

it's actually pretty damn realistic when you see that news montage and people's reaction to him, but damn man...smile or some shit or chill with the ominous music for one second.

I don't think it's nihilism, think Snyder went too far into this worshipful/reverential demeanor toward Superman. Which is made worse by the fact that Superman has no reaction to any of it. Like when he rescues the girl from the burning building and the people there swarm him to touch him...and he just fucking stands there and stares up at the sky longingly. Like, say something! Or when he's floating above all the flooded homes as people reach out to him. If the guy didn't want to be treated like a god, he sure gave people absolutely no reason not to look at him that way. :lol

I don't think it's nihilism, think Snyder went too far into this worshipful/reverential demeanor toward Superman. Which is made worse by the fact that Superman has no reaction to any of it. Like when he rescues the girl from the burning building and the people there swarm him to touch him...and he just fucking stands there and stares up at the sky longingly. Like, say something! Or when he's floating above all the flooded homes as people reach out to him. If the guy didn't want to be treated like a god, he sure gave people absolutely no reason not to look at him that way. :lol

yeah man that mexico shot was awkward as fuck in the trailers, i didn't think it was gonna play out exactly like that in the movie.

or after the bombing of a damn senate building and he's in the middle of the massacre and he has a face like McDonald's drive thru forgot to give him a straw for his drink...smh lol. The dude is very blank most of the time.

Ross61

Why does the potential Cyborg movie need a "black director"? I know Cyborg is black, but that alone warrants a black director? I couldn't give a shit on a character's ethnicity or the ethnicity of a director as long as the character is written well and the director is competant.

Just because YOU don't give a shit, doesn't mean that black people don't give a shit either.

shingi70

Banned

You just answered your own question.

Nah, the drama behind those movies involved a ton of studio interference and confusion from suits as to what they wanted the director to be and to do.

This is closer to Prometheus: The director steered the ship straght into an iceberg and everyone basically just let the shit happen.

Speaking of Prometheus, I finally read the script for Alien: Engineers a few days ago. Holy Crap. Its not perfect, but it was leagues better than the Jesus-Alien crapfest that we got.

Dirca

Just because YOU don't give a shit, doesn't mean that black people don't give a shit either.
No disrespect meant, I just thought it was a strange thing to include. None of the other movies listed included the director's race. Will a native Hawiian/Native American direct Aquaman? Listing that would be just as odd as stating a white director will direct Green Lantern Corps, or a black director directing Cyborg.

The existence of the phrase
"biblical undertones"
would worry me if this had any likely basis in fact.
Yeah, I don't know what it is about Jesus analogies in film, but my brain instantly goes on vacation. It's one of the reasons the Matrix sequels didn't leave any lasting impression on me.

Give me Final Crisis Darkseid and WB is forgiven for making a mashup of two overrated comics in BvS

wTftUkn.jpg

If this is what they meant by the description, I'd be okay with that. I do know Terrio read a lot of Morrison, though, so we might be in luck.
It's probably bull tho.

Rooster12

So of all the hundreds of Justice League stories out there....

They can't think of any other villain except for Darkseid.

Darkseid should be phase 3 final boss level type shit....why is he showing up so early??

gamz

Think about it what you just wrote.

Darkseid should be phase 3 final boss level type shit....why is he showing up so early??

Same reason we got (BvS spoilers)
the fucking Death of Superman in the second DCEU movie.

Which is to say no reason at all.

Apt101

Sounds like an authentic leak, I've read about ten so far on 4chan that turned out to be 90% correct.

This is not what the movie needs, having the characters pulled between good and evil and questioning morality. How does WB not get that this is not what people want? Good lord, they deserve every dollar they're going to lose on this.

None of this is unbelievable, but then that's not exactly hard to pull off.

There's literally no reason to believe this, right?

This movie was written and planned a long time before BvS dropped. It follows the exact kind of theme as MoS and BvS, and it's too late to vastly change things now. It sounds very believable. But of course it could be horseshit.

ryan299

Only two things in the leak that I believe are Cyborg being on hold until they see his reception and Tal being Black Canary.

So a movie about the fucking Justice League and getting the team together will have Lois fucking Lane as an important character taking up time when there are 6 fucking characters to take care of. As well as the big bad Darkseid who corrupts Superman.

What the hell is she gonna do?
Throw the Mother Box into the ocean and dive back into it to retrieve it? To get it to send Darkseid back to Apokolips by Batman's hand where Superman will body slam him into the portal because DC writers are hacks and will just copy and paste the comics?

I really hope for WB's sake this leak is no where near true.

I wonder how many leaks are going to be WB floating trial balloons. Im picturing execs in a room with no idea what to do so they start posting shit online to suge reactions.

So a movie about the fucking Justice League and getting the team together will have Lois fucking Lane as an important character taking up time when there are 6 fucking characters to take care of. As well as the big bad Darkseid who corrupts Superman.

What the hell is she gonna do?
Throw the Mother Box into the ocean and dive back into it to retrieve it? To get it to send Darkseid back to Apokolips by Batman's hand where Superman will body slam him into the portal because DC writers are hacks and will just copy and paste the comics?

I really hope for WB's sake this leak is no where near true.
This was one of my big problems with BvS as well. It was basically
Batman vs. Superman + Lois Lane. Why the fuck is she even one of the main characters?

Because of that shitty first arc of justice League in the nu52

Sou Da

yeah man that mexico shot was awkward as fuck in the trailers, i didn't think it was gonna play out exactly like that in the movie.

or after the bombing of a damn senate building and he's in the middle of the massacre and he has a face like McDonald's drive thru forgot to give him a straw for his drink...smh lol. The dude is very blank most of the time.
He was probably thinking what I was. "If I fly away from this I'm going to look like a huge asshole"

Disgraced

This was one of my big problems with BvS as well. It was basically
Batman vs. Superman + Lois Lane. Why the fuck is she even one of the main characters?
I think it's because in the movie she's Superman's sole, or soul (if you will) motivation. In other words, she's apparently the best way they knew how to humanize Superman and/or make him conflicted about something and/or prevent him being a tyrant.

She's the key [to all of this.]

Fuck everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom