• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[4chan] id Software working closely with Bethesda to overhaul Starfield combat since last August

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
Nothing new, ID did the same thing they did for Fallout 4/76
You Lose Get Out GIF

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
I mean that gunplay looked like ass. I was surprised they even showed it to the public.

Even if these rumors are true it’s kinda too little too late? Remember Id helping out with other Bethesda games, they couldnt save neither of those. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Razvedka

Banned

If you weren’t aware:

id Software did assist with the combat in Redfall.

They also assisted with Fallout 4 gunplay. I'm surprised people don't remember this. Bethesda has asked for their help before.

Kind of weird to me this is the second time on the merry-go-round between the two.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

Patiently waiting for the warriors to somehow paint this as something negative...

Edit: No patience needed, didn't survive the first page :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Posting actual facts about something is painting it negative now lmao.

If Starfield somehow ends up dissapointing the copium needed to survive for some users on GAF will be higher than the helium Arkane pumped up those Vampire's asses to make them float.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Why? It’s just a game. Some of you are exaggerating everything so much all the time. If it’s a bad game you just go play something else. 🤷‍♂️
If Starfield is a bad game I can see a few bans happening in the following week. It happened for Redfall and Starfield is a lot more important than Redfall. But it is a big IF. The game will be good. Please be good. But if it is not good...

Fredrik

If Starfield is a bad game I can see a few bans happening in the following week. It happened for Redfall and Starfield is a lot more important than Redfall. But it is a big IF. The game will be good. Please be good. But if it is not good...
I don’t get why that’s happening. Like would you lash out like a maniac and catch a ban if FF16 was bad? If I like a game I just ignore trolls I don’t want to listen to if they get too annoying. And if a game is bad I just drop it.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
I don’t get why that’s happening. Like would you lash out like a maniac and catch a ban if FF16 was bad? If I like a game I just ignore trolls I don’t want to listen to if they get too annoying. And if a game is bad I just drop it.
Same, or at least I hope so. But for some people Microsoft is really important. So they do all they can to defend it, I suppose. I can get passionate about some games, like Demon's souls or Tetris too. But I hope not to the point of being banned.

Fredrik

Same, or at least I hope so. But for some people Microsoft is really important. So they do all they can to defend it, I suppose. I can get passionate about some games, like Demon's souls or Tetris too. But I hope not to the point of being banned.
It goes both ways with some people doing all they can to hate on everything they do, Microsoft pull in all kinds of people. But there is an ignore function if things gets too annoying.

Elog

I really hope they nail this and ID is so good at it. I remember seeing early gameplay with GoT - it really looked poor but they truly salvaged that in the final product (Sony). Keeping my fingers crossed - this title interests me.

FeralEcho

Why? It’s just a game. Some of you are exaggerating everything so much all the time. If it’s a bad game you just go play something else. 🤷‍♂️
Thats why i said "some" users.Clearly some users here are more invested in it succeeding or failing than a mere it's just a game feeling which is sad.

I mean that gunplay looked like ass. I was surprised they even showed it to the public.

Even if these rumors are true it’s kinda too little too late? Remember Id helping out with other Bethesda games, they couldnt save neither of those. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Sometimes when your game deals with massive open world with many underlying interlocking systems beneath the surface, shooting a guy in the face will never be as dialed in as a halo or doom no matter how many proficient people you throw at it.

Flutta

Banned
Sometimes when your game deals with massive open world with many underlying interlocking systems beneath the surface, shooting a guy in the face will never be as dialed in as a halo or doom no matter how many proficient people you throw at it.
Meh, that’s just a bunch of excuses, sorry ain’t buying it. It’s all about priorities. If Bethesda treats the gunplay as a second thought then That’s what you’ll get, doesn’t matter how many system are at play.

They clearly know that the gunplay looks like shit and are trying to fix it. If the rumors are to be believed.

Also not the first time a Bethesda game has mediocre gunplay.

Top Bottom