• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[4chan] id Software working closely with Bethesda to overhaul Starfield combat since last August

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Boom!

Fun Yes GIF by Lilly Singh

Pray this is real and this is what ms/Bethesda should be doing. Lean on those studios to help each other.

This should have happened with redfall, too.

Last edited:

Saber

If true then maybe it could end well...perhaps? Maybe a tunes here there and the possibility of launching the game without major bugs would do this game wonders.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Boom!

Fun Yes GIF by Lilly Singh

Pray this is real and this is what ms/Bethesda should be doing. Lean on those studios to help each other.

This should have happened with redfall, too.

If you weren’t aware:

id Software did assist with the combat in Redfall.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
4chan should be straight up a banned source. It's a message board with anonymous posters. Why the fuck do we care what they say?

They claimed the Elden Ring DLC would he announced way before it did and got the name wrong calling it Bane of Disputant. They claimed a Bloodborne port was coming and that was bullshit. Almost everything that comes out of that place is a bunch of horseshit so why do we even bother posting crap from there?

Saber

Last edited:

feynoob

Gold Member

ungalo

I hope it is true. Id also helped with the combat in Rage 2 and it was really good in Rage 2.
Rage 2 was really co-developed by id software, they didn't just help a little.

On the contrary, on Redfall Arkane had said that id software "helped"...

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Last edited:

kuncol02

Banned

Alebrije

FO4 actually had good gunplay. FO76 too.

The problem was everything else.
FO4 plays more like a shooter than previous FO rpg shooting stats ,this wasted FO4.

So if Starfield is a shooter with rpg elements plus deep exploration Id help could be good , but if the game pretends to be an Skyrim on space or Fallout on space..maybe Id is not the best answer.

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

4chan should be straight up a banned source. It's a message board with anonymous posters. Why the fuck do we care what they say?

They claimed the Elden Ring DLC would he announced way before it did and got the name wrong calling it Bane of Disputant. They claimed a Bloodborne port was coming and that was bullshit. Almost everything that comes out of that place is a bunch of horseshit so why do we even bother posting crap from there?
Not really bullshit lol at least the two examples you put here. There was dlc and who knows, maybe the name was changed. Today Jaffe said Bloodborne remaster is def in development bringing once again that into the rumors galore. So why the hell not . I bet you think the Nvidia list is fake too. Who cares about the rumors in 4chan, just let them come and we can discuss.

mdkirby

I hope that’s true. It would make sense, I was always baffled that zenimax didn’t leaverage their experience for their other studios. One reason Sonys games are so good is because they have great shared tools and shared expertise amongst their internal studios. I hope microsoft are taking a leaf from their book, it can only result in good things.

Yoboman

Gold Member
Yeah I don't have a lot of faith in the gameplay of a game that needs an outside developer to come in and tell them what's wrong with it

Good gameplay is fundamental. Frame rate, animation, engine, latency. Can you patchwork fix this stuff?

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Not really bullshit lol at least the two examples you put here. There was dlc and who knows, maybe the name was changed. Today Jaffe said Bloodborne remaster is def in development bringing once again that into the rumors galore. So why the hell not . I bet you think the Nvidia list is fake too. Who cares about the rumors in 4chan, just let them come and we can discuss.
No, it's 100% bullshit. From said way back then that there would be more Elden Ring and considering every Souls games and Bloodborne had a DLC, we all knew one for Elden Ring would come, especially given the loose plot points such as Godwyn and Miquella (and surprise, Miquella is on the promo art). Furthermore, they also said the DLC would be showcased at an event like 2-3 days before and it turns out it was garbage. From announced it in a random tweet.

Bloodborne port is bullshit because everyone and their dog has at one point said it would be coming. Jaffe said "we all know a Bloodborne port or remaster is coming". It's not some inside info, he's just saying something he thinks is obvious.

I should comb all the rumors that we posted here that came from 4chan. 90% are straight up wrong.

vj27

Banned

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Last edited:
Top Bottom