• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2023 GOTY will be The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - or will it?

Can anything beat ToTK?

• No chance

• .....Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Hogwarts Legacy= not good enough
Starfield= Bethesda always launches their games broken, so no
REmake 4= maybe
Silent Hill 2 remake= giga maybe - we don't even know if is really launching this year and we don't have shit about the final game
Zelda= chances are bigger
Are you forgetting about FFXVI.

begotten

The Legend of Zelda vs Final Fantasy.
2 Japanese game giants.
Both 35+ years old.

It's a cool head to head, given anything can stop ToTK which I doubt.

Madflavor

I think TOTK will be GotY, but I don’t see it taking the crown for Most GotY Awards away from Elden Ring. ER had one competition, whereas Zelda will have at least several. It’s one of the most loaded years in gaming we’ve seen in a long time.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
The Legend of Zelda vs Final Fantasy.
2 Japanese game giants.
Both 35+ years old.

It's a cool head to head, given anything can stop ToTK which I doubt.
While Final Fantasy looks like they may have nailed it (about time), I still don't trust Square. Nintendo still has that magic that is hard to beat, but at least it looks like Square has been studying Nintendo and Monolith.

GymWolf

Depends on how good starfield is gonna be, it's the only other title big enough to have a chance, depends on how much they nail skyrim in space.

I don't see re4r and ff16 being much of an adversary for tiktok.

I'm not necessarily talking about overall quality but more like what can sway the journalists.

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Wo Long will probably be my "goty". However, it seems that this game will be the choice of the media and other players. I wouldn't be surprised if Starfield gets 75-80 points. Brace yourself boys, it's coming.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Let’s see. Real competitors who at least have a slight chance:
Resident Evil 4
Final Fantasy XVI
Starfield

Still TotK will beat those.

As much as I want it to be great, I foresee ff16 being like an 85 type of game. It looks like a return to form for Square enix but square enix has a low batting average lately for their big AAA stuff (besides ff14)

TOTK will probably take the most awards, though I am really uncertain as to if it will deserve them.

Starfield will be jank and shit to play until modders fix it.

RE4 - long shot but people seem to love it.

SH2: idk lol, I hope it is really good.

Top Bottom