• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 NBA Finals |OT| Where Will Lebron Go... to watch Lakers/Celtics play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LovingSteam said:
Things that give me confidence:

*Phil was pissed after game 4 which is a good thing for us fans
*Bynum's knee is feeling better for game 5 after the drain
*Phil called out Odom
*Boston depended on two guys that most likely won't have the same performance in game 5
*Kobe shot much better last game than any other so far
*With Bynum playing more minutes it will allow Phil to use the bench more, saving minutes

*Lakers have done well in tied series scenarios so far this season.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
1. oh no phil jackson is pissed! hope he doesn't go for a double nickle against the celtics!
2. so what, bynum's value is being overstated. yeah, he is a big help on defense but he's not some all-world player that is going to change the outcome
3. ok? odom plays when odom feels like playing. nothing phil says will change that
4. boston had a terrible performance from ray allen for 2 straight games. boston also missed a TON of open shots. game 4 should have been a blow out in bostons favor. don't count on ray allen going oh-fer from downtown again and a bunch of layups/open shots to be missed by the celtics
5. kobe shot much better and they still lost. kobe is going to get his points, that is already a given.
6. the more phil uses his bench the better for boston

*Phil is historically very good at adjusting after a loss for a game 5
*Bynums value ISN'T being overstated. When he plays well the Lakers have a much better shot at winning. When he doesn't they don't.
*Odom needs to be kicked in the ass sometimes and Phil calling him out can't hurt that
*Boston should have blown the Lakers out in game 4 but they didn't even though Kobe was the only guy who played well
*Kobe shot much better but the starters were so tired due to Bynum not being able to play minutes
*Phil can use the bench more than game 4 and yet have Bynum play which will allow the Lakers to save their starters for the 4th quarter which didn't happen in game 4.

LovingSteam said:
*Phil is historically very good at adjusting after a loss for a game 5
*Bynums value ISN'T being overstated. When he plays well the Lakers have a much better shot at winning. When he doesn't they don't.
*Odom needs to be kicked in the ass sometimes and Phil calling him out can't hurt that
*Boston should have blown the Lakers out in game 4 but they didn't even though Kobe was the only guy who played well
*Kobe shot much better but the starters were so tired due to Bynum not being able to play minutes
*Phil can use the bench more than game 4 and yet have Bynum play which will allow the Lakers to save their starters for the 4th quarter which didn't happen in game 4.

i get that you can make arguments for both sides, but when i see lakers fans talking about the series to date they act like boston has played absolute perfection and that is the only reason they are in the series.

newsflash: boston has played mediocre in their wins. it's not like they are shooting 65%, destroying the lakers on the boards, and shutting down everyone on the lakers in those wins. boston has had their struggles too and has pulled out 2 wins, just like the lakers. you can talk all you want about who has the best players, who is better on paper, which coach has more championships or which coach does better on sundays following game 4's that were on thursdays in the finals when his team was playing on the road and they were outrebounded, but none of that really matters for game 5.

i really wouldn't be confident if i were either team. that is why it is an entertaining series to someone such as myself. neither team is totally outclassed or clearly inferior. it is a 3 game series at this point and i think both teams know what the other is going to do.

Hatredcopter

Neo Member
open_mouth_ said:
anyone else, besides Eddie F. Rush that is, catch this Pierce right hook? :lol :lol :lol

pierce-punch-o.gif

2v8nwgj.jpg

Spooks

Sources say #Cavs have talked to fmr Hawks coach Mike Woodson this week. Also Cavs have interest in talking to LAL asst. Brian Shaw.
4 minutes ago via web

Oh hellllllllllllllllll noooooooooooooooo.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i get that you can make arguments for both sides, but when i see lakers fans talking about the series to date they act like boston has played absolute perfection and that is the only reason they are in the series.

who is saying that? I mostly see people saying Boston has had like 3 or 4 good quarters TOTAL in this series and their best player might be Glen Davis. I can't remember ANYONE saying Boston is dominating by any stretch. And yes, as a Laker fan I can take a little solace in that. I'd be much more worried if this series were tied 2-2 but Boston was playing more like in 08 where they had a clear advantage and were punking us. At the end of the day though, no matter how mediocre the Celts might be playing for large stetches, they are getting W's, and if they get two more, even if they are ugly ones, they can win the title.

Ninja Scooter said:
who is saying that? I mostly see people saying Boston has had like 3 or 4 good quarters TOTAL in this series and their best player might be Glen Davis. I can't remember ANYONE saying Boston is dominating by any stretch. And yes, as a Laker fan I can take a little solace in that. I'd be much more worried if this series were tied 2-2 but Boston was playing more like in 08 where they had a clear advantage and were punking us. At the end of the day though, no matter how mediocre the Celts might be playing for large stetches, they are getting W's, and if they get two more, even if they are ugly ones, they can win the title.

well no one said they completely dominated, but after every laker loss it is "WELLLLLL RAY ALLEN WON'T DO THAT AGAIN!" "WELLLLLLLL THE CELTICS BENCH WONT DO THAT AGAIN!" and so on and so on.

it's basically saying the celtics have to have some wild, incredible, off-the-wall circumstance happen in order to win. but the truth is the celtics haven't played NEAR their best ball and the series is still tied. but im sure if the celtics win tomorrow it will be because someone just went off unexpectedly and there is no possibility it will happen again and thus no possibility the celtics can win the series

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well no one said they completely dominated, but after every laker loss it is "WELLLLLL RAY ALLEN WON'T DO THAT AGAIN!" "WELLLLLLLL THE CELTICS BENCH WONT DO THAT AGAIN!" and so on and so on.

it's basically saying the celtics have to have some wild, incredible, off-the-wall circumstance happen in order to win. but the truth is the celtics haven't played NEAR their best ball and the series is still tied. but im sure if the celtics win tomorrow it will be because someone just went off unexpectedly and there is no possibility it will happen again and thus no possibility the celtics can win the series

Well Ray Allen HASN'T done that again, and has played like dog shit since that career game.

Ninja Scooter said:
Well Ray Allen HASN'T done that again, and has played like dog shit since that career game.

Exactly.

Ray Allen & Rondo (Game 2) KG (Game 3) and I guess you could squint and say PP had a good Game 4. Point is, the Lakers have done a good job defensively so far.

In the one game that Rondo beasted, Kobe was in foul trouble.

It too, has never happened again.

Fact is, in Game 4, both teams' starters were gased from playing 48 hours earlier. Their bench stepped up, ours didn't.

That was your game.

Ninja Scooter said:

exactly! the statement was "don't worry lakers fans, ray allen won't do that again so the celtics wont win again!" well, allen didn't do it again, and the celtics still won. pretty soon lakers fans will run out of "that'll never happen again"-s and the series will be over in favor of the celtics

chaoticprout said:
This series still hasn't had the definitive Kobe Bryant 4th quarter.

That's coming tomorrow.
his definitive 4th quarter performances are so rare that perhaps they should not be considered definitive. just saying.

I had a dream last night of a tall centre blowing out his knee while dribbling the ball towards an uncontested basket... bynum's in my head like a hot chick... can't stop thinking about u, b

thirty

Banned
ryutaro's mama said:
Gotta love the kid's heart.

Too bad it will be lost on people should the Lakers lose this series.
it won't be lost, the kid is playing to stay a laker. everyone including lebron and wade know the wheels are in motion for a bynum/bosh sign and trade if the kid doesn't come through in these finals.

Cloudy

Banned
chaoticprout said:
This series still hasn't had the definitive Kobe Bryant 4th quarter.

That's coming tomorrow.

Not if he gets practically no rest besides halftime like the last 2 games. Dude is fading down the stretch cos he's tired...

FrenchMovieTheme said:
exactly! the statement was "don't worry lakers fans, ray allen won't do that again so the celtics wont win again!" well, allen didn't do it again, and the celtics still won. pretty soon lakers fans will run out of "that'll never happen again"-s and the series will be over in favor of the celtics

Who is even saying this dumb shit? Any Lakers fan with intelligence is saying that the Lakers win for sure if they win the PIP and rebounding battle, and as long as our bench production isn't doubled by theirs...

Dark FaZe said:
Who is even saying this dumb shit? Any Lakers fan with intelligence is saying that the Lakers win for sure if they win the PIP and rebounding battle, and as long as our bench production isn't doubled by theirs...

Hey! FMT knows a delusional fan when he sees one. He still thinks Alex Smith will be a good NFL QB.

bionic77

Its going to be awesome seeing Crawford T up Perkins, Rasheed and Robinson. He is going to go for the hat trick and eject 3 players for the same team.

Cloudy

Banned
What key player will be in foul trouble tonight?

gm 1 - Ray/Odom
gm 2 - Kobe/KG/Odom
gm 3 - Pierce/Artest
gm 4 - Fisher/Sheed

Bad news for the Lakers but I think Gasol is due (I thought he was due last game lol). I also want to see how the Ray/Fisher matchup is called. The ticky tack calls on Fish really kept Boston in the game on Thursday cos Fish wasn't there to spread the court in the first half...

Cloudy

Banned
Dark FaZe said:

Lakers need to box out and cut down the turnovers. Celtics haven't been able to generate enough offense to beat them when they don't get a ton of fastbreak and 2nd-chance points..

I think LA would be better served by slowing the game down. I dunno why they keep trying to run with this team..

Cloudy said:
Lakers need to box out and cut down the turnovers. Celtics haven't been able to generate enough offense to beat them when they don't get a ton of fastbreak and 2nd-chance points..

I think LA would be better served by slowing the game down. I dunno why they keep trying to run with this team..

Yeah I can't see the Celtics winning the game if we win the battle of the boards and limit points in the paint.

I also think Phil has to give Pau more of a rest and trust his bench more. Give Mbenga a shot...as bad as he seems how awful could he be on a guy like Baby...and when we thought were were fucked against Houston Josh Powell came in and helped win a playoff game last year.

No more of this Kobe starting the 4th bullshit...it never works. If the bench sucks badly enough to destroy everything then so be it, but bringing in the starters early is a waste of time. Not only are they not rested, but if the opposing teams bench plays them even then you've just suffered a horrible momentum loss.

Ninja Scooter said:
Hey! FMT knows a delusional fan when he sees one. He still thinks Alex Smith will be a good NFL QB.

alex smith is already a decent QB. i wouldn't expect you to know what one looks like in washington. although that will change this year (until mcribb is hurt by week 8, then you are back to your fantastic homegrown products or whoever the fuck you have on that awful roster)

Cloudy

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nvtPGwpNoY&feature=topvideos

I was just watching this clip of Pau/Sheed and someone tell me why we have Pau running around on the perimeter with Sheed while we're getting killed on the glass? Phil Jackson has had some RIDICULOUS matchups this series and if we lose, some of the blame has to go to him..

- Pau on Sheed away from the basket
- Lamar on Davis after that matchup almost cost us gm 3
- Brown on Ray Allen in gm 2 instead of using Sasha with Fish in foul trouble

Win or lose, Phil probably needs to retire. He's losing his mind :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom