• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 NBA Finals |OT| Where Will Lebron Go... to watch Lakers/Celtics play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Other than willingly getting raped by a overweight and undersized scrub I thought the Lakers messed up by not going to hack a Rondo when we were trying to come back.

Dude is totally scared at the line right now. We should take advantage.

thekad

Banned
Majestros said:
This coming from the guy who thinks Lebron playing like Kobe would have resulted in a sweep despite the fact that Lebron had one good game all series and gave up the last 3 games.

Even someone who doesn't watches games would realize that Lebron had more than one good game. Hell, he had two great games, definitely better than anything Kobe has done this series, and he had to to win those two games. If he put up a Kome performance, they would have been swept, like I said.

Regarding Rondo, you're still wrong. Kobe's done nothing special. Rondo gets into the lane whenever he attacks, but he runs into Pau/Bynum/Odom. That's the deciding factor, though I understand how you couldn't see that from where you're standing.

You know, I understand why Kobe fans hate on Lebron out of jealousy. But they can't even give Kobe's teammates the credit they deserve.

thekad said:
Even someone who doesn't watches games would realize that Lebron had more than one good game. Hell, he had two great games, definitely better than anything Kobe has done this series, and he had to to win those two games. If he put up a Kome performance, they would have been swept, like I said.

Regarding Rondo, you're still wrong. Kobe's done nothing special. Rondo gets into the lane whenever he attacks, but he runs into Pau/Bynum/Odom. That's the deciding factor, though I understand how you couldn't see that from where you're standing.

You know, I understand why Kobe fans hate on Lebron out of jealousy. But they can't even give Kobe's teammates the credit they deserve.

This is why most don't take you serious. Your disdain for Kobe is so painfully obvious its ridiculous. I am not a fan of Lebron but at least I can admit he is a great player. I doubt you could or would do so much with Kobe.

thekad

Banned
LovingSteam said:
This is why most don't take you serious. Your disdain for Kobe is so painfully obvious its ridiculous. I am not a fan of Lebron but at least I can admit he is a great player. I doubt you could or would do so much with Kobe.

I like Kobe. I just don't care that Lebron's better, so it seems as if I hate him in comparison to you guys.

Most = Kobe fans.

thekad said:
I like Kobe. I just don't care that Lebron's better, so it seems as if I hate him in comparison to you guys.

Most = Kobe fans.

No, it seems that you hate him because you never have anything to say positive about him even when he isn't playing the Celtics.

bionic77 said:
I thought the Lakers messed up by not going to hack a Rondo when we were trying to come back.

Dude is totally scared at the line right now. We should take advantage.

i agree, he is like 27% in these finals from the line. put jordan or shannon in the game and foul it will either force him to make him or force doc to take him out of the game

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
thekad said:

Most = Kobe fans.

Don't even start. Lebron GAVE UP that series. He gave up, plain and simple. Game 1 Mo Williams brought them back to life. Game 2 the Celtics blew out the Cavs on their own floor. Game 3 Lebron played amazing, after that he quit. Game 6 was a great game by him but he had 9 turnovers and everyone watching saw he had no effort on D.

Kobe's played out of his mind, he's just playing an amazing defensive team that's making it tough on him to score. But he's shooting the same percentage as Rondo while hitting 95% of his FT's, scoring 30 a game, leading us in assists every game, blocks in one game, steals in most games, and shutting down the unquestioned best player on the other team.

And yea, Rondo is too good to guard one on one. Without having great bigs like Gasol and Bynum Rondo would be more effective, but that's ANY GREAT PLAYER. Tony Allen isn't the only reason Kobe's struggling, but he's the main reason. Ditto for Rondo and Kobe.

again, it is what it is, most people see it, you just hate.

Triple U

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I'll never question Kobe's on court work ethic. LeBron doesn't even come close.
hey now. Kobe is certainly no saint. Remember 06 against the suns? Lebron just has to mature like kobe did. I will say this though LBJ's ceiling is way higher than kobe's............

thekad

Banned
Majestros said:
Kobe's played out of his mind, he's just playing an amazing defensive team that's making it tough on him to score. But he's shooting the same percentage as Rondo while hitting 95% of his FT's, scoring 30 a game, leading us in assists every game, blocks in one game, steals in most games, and shutting down the unquestioned best player on the other team.

Not him.

LovingSteam said:
No, it seems that you hate him because you never have anything to say positive about him even when he isn't playing the Celtics.

Kobe's a top 100 player.

Majestros

Branduil said:
Kobe is playing 10 feet off of Rondo most of the time, that's smart defense but it's not great defense.

Watching Phil Jackson for years makes Laker Fans different from other NBA fans. Phil Jackson isn't about effort and energy as he is about playing the game on a cerebral level. Of course he doesn't want his team to be lazy but he doesn't spend time outs telling everyone to crash the boards and dive on the floor, he spends time outs directing his teams attention to one or two aspects of the game he thinks needs attention.

Kobe is working his butt off on offense, I don't care if he's kissing Rondo, whatever he is doing is resulting in Rondo going 11 ppg and 6 apg on 41%FG through games 1,3 and 4 (taking out game 2 because Kobe was hampered by fouls and only played about 32 minutes).

Most people watched last nights game and thought the lakers were getting lucky because boston kept missing open shots, i watched it and realized our lack of attempts at closeouts on anyone NOT named Ray Allen is just executing our game plan. Trust me, when they start falling, we'll play close up. But for now we're fine letting PP and KG and Tony Allen shoot 20 footers while we clog the paint and get rebounds.

In fact, if you ask me, we lost last nights game because Odom played up on Big Baby and allowed him to drive and spin off him rather than sagging back and letting him shoot jumpers and keeping him off the offensive boards.

Sanjuro

Triple U said:
hey now. Kobe is certainly no saint. Remember 06 against the suns? Lebron just has to mature like kobe did. I will say this though LBJ's ceiling is way higher than kobe's............
You are correct. Kobe has the benefit of a classy organization, legendary veterans, and a good coach. LeBron had Cleveland.

Sanjuro

Triple U said:
bu.....bu.......bu :(
Hey, I gave you some credit but you gotta agree with me mang. When your coach does plays in finger paint and makes the owner macaroni division championship jewelry...you gotta problem.

Majestros

thekad said:

This is why most don't take you serious.

game...set...match.

If Kobe's not a top 10 player, you're a hater.

If Kobe's not a top 20 player, you just lost all credibility. Sorry bud.

thekad

Banned
I've created a monster. Sorry, NBA-GAF. I think I'll chill in the offseason thread :lol

Top 10:
1)#24 Kobe
2)#8 Kobe
3) Magic
4) Pippen
5) Wade
6) Mamba
7-10) Probably Kobe

Bottom 10:
1) Jeffrey
2) RP32
3) Gasol
4) Odom
5) Artest
6) Bynum
7) Fisher
8) Phil Jackson
9) Lebron
10) Kobe haters

Majestros

Triple U said:
lists or it didn't happen

I think skill-wise, in terms of complete offensively and defensively, Kobe's the second best player ever behind Jeffrey. All things considered though? true list? Only guys head and shoulders should be placed ahead of Kobe are:

Jeffrey, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Wilt, Russell

Shaq and Timmy are debate-able (but not for me) but that still puts Kobe at #9 even if he's behind them.

Tim Legler very down on LAL.

he's on ESPN News talking about how Kobe is losing trust in his teammates. Indeed, if they lose Game 5 on the back of poor efforts from every not named Kobe or Pau, I can certainly see them dropping Game 6 too. problems can arrive in bunches. I'm also very interested in seeing what happens with Artest, who has been a mess all post-season, but who's struggles are amplified on this highest stage of competition.

Will be a very, very interesting next couple of games.

and Kobe is definitely in my Top 10. But his status will drop if they lose this series and he struggles the rest of the way home, or becomes selfish or pouts on their way to defeat.

Anth0ny

LIST WARS

Jordan Tier:

Jordan

God Tier (no order):

Magic
Larry
Kareem
Wilt
Shaq
Kobe
Duncan
Russell (I suppose)
Moses Malone (averaged a triple double, Jesus)
David Robinson (quadruple double, nuff said)

So Kobe is easily top 20, probably top 10.

Also, just for kicks, my personal:

High Tier (CONTROVERSY ALERT, mostly people who didn't get a ring):
Pippen
Sir Charles
Karl Malone
John Stockton
Pistol Pete
Isaiah Thomas
Lebron ( =P )
Wade
Ray Allen
Garnett
James Worthy
Steve Nash
Dirk
lots of other people

Please don't respond with "HOW CAN YOU FORGET PLAYER X YOU FUCKTARD", I know I've probably missed some really obvious ones (and people from before the 80s lololol), this is completely off the top of my head :lol

rage1973

So it looks like Bynum has no additional damage on his knee and hopefully draining it is going to improve it. Lakers just need one more good game out of Bynum something like 15 and 10 to help them win game 5. Lakers should be able to win one out two games at home even without Bynum.

Duki

Banned
jordan
kareem
russell
magic
wilt
bird
duncan
hakeem
shaq
zeek
kobe

true list imo and kobe is damaging his top ten case in these finals so far

thekad said:

LovingSteam said:

thekad said:

Most = Kobe fans.

LovingSteam said:

thekad said:
Kobe's a top 100 player.

LovingSteam said:
As I said, you're a joke character who need not be taken serious.

thekad said:
No, dude. Of all time.

LovingSteam said:
Are we talking 99 or top 10-20?

Oh Slava...you never learn.

Dreams-Visions said:

That's where I stopped reading.

I believe he picked the Celtics in 6 this series.

Dude was on Cowherd shitting on the Lakers prior to the series.

That's like you posting, "So, I read Skip Bayless was down on LeBron..."

rage1973 said:
So it looks like Bynum has no additional damage on his knee and hopefully draining it is going to improve it. Lakers just need one more good game out of Bynum something like 15 and 10 to help them win game 5. Lakers should be able to win one out two games at home even without Bynum.

Where did you read that he was going to consider draining it?

EDIT: NVM, found it.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Anth0ny said:
LIST WARS

Jordan Tier:

Jordan

God Tier (no order):

Magic
Larry
Kareem
Wilt
Shaq
Kobe
Duncan
Russell (I suppose)
Moses Malone (averaged a triple double, Jesus)
David Robinson (quadruple double, nuff said)

So Kobe is easily top 20, probably top 10.

Also, just for kicks, my personal:

High Tier (CONTROVERSY ALERT, mostly people who didn't get a ring):
Pippen
Sir Charles
Karl Malone
John Stockton
Pistol Pete
Isaiah Thomas
Lebron ( =P )
Wade
Ray Allen
Garnett
James Worthy
Steve Nash
Dirk
lots of other people

Please don't respond with "HOW CAN YOU FORGET PLAYER X YOU FUCKTARD", I know I've probably missed some really obvious ones (and people from before the 80s lololol), this is completely off the top of my head :lol
Again, a retarded measurement.

Cloudy

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:

he's on ESPN News talking about how Kobe is losing trust in his teammates. Indeed, if they lose Game 5 on the back of poor efforts from every not named Kobe or Pau, I can certainly see them dropping Game 6 too. problems can arrive in bunches. I'm also very interested in seeing what happens with Artest, who has been a mess all post-season, but who's struggles are amplified on this highest stage of competition.

Will be a very, very interesting next couple of games.

and Kobe is definitely in my Top 10. But his status will drop if they lose this series and he struggles the rest of the way home, or becomes selfish or pouts on their way to defeat.

Why exactly should Kobe trust anyone but Pau? If LA is even gonna have a chance in gm 5, they need to run the offense through him. Lakers not named Kobe or Pau are struggling in this series cos they're not get wide open shots anymore. The way we are playing, Boston doesn't have to double. There is no constant pressure cos Kobe isn't attacking till later in the game...

Triple U said:
Amazing to me that Lakers fans are in such a state of denial, they seem to not even know the '06 playoffs exist. To the degree that they don't even realize how hypocritical many of their commentaries are.

But God bless 'em. It'll be very interesting around here if they lose AGAIN to the Celtics. Kobe's legacy in the eyes of everyone NOT a hardcore Lakers fan will likely never recover. He'll certainly be out of the "Top 5" discussion. But if he wins, he'll be right there.

But damn...if they lose...does Phil come back? if not, is the Lakers run with Kobe done? Will be fun to see what all happens either way.

I wish the Lakers and their fans good luck, but again...it's almost like they have a mental block around Kobe giving up against the Suns. now THAT is giving up. In fact, he's the only superstar I've ever seen simply refuse to come back into the game in an elimination game like that. Glad he's rebounded from those days...but then again, as a great poet once said,

"It's easy when there's not to fear and nothing your progress bars..."

A man's character is formed in the tough times...and I don't know if Kobe were to deal with tough times again he wouldn't just resort to 2006 Kobe again.

It's all interesting.

Anyway, I wonder which key player--Ray Ray or Odom--will show up for Game 5. I think the one that posts 15+ for their team becomes the difference in their team's victory. Could RayRay really have 3 straight <20% games?

Duki

Banned
kobe needs to use pau more then

complain all you want about pau's d, but his o is literally keeping you alive.

there's no way in hell you should ever see bs like pau not touching the ball for the whole fourth quarter until the last minute of game 2, or kobe taking 30 shots for no reason in game three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom