• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 NBA Finals |OT| Where Will Lebron Go... to watch Lakers/Celtics play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
2bpdhh.jpg

Oh sorry. That's from last year. 2010 Edition:

cavsinhahahah.gif

Lebron, your thoughts?

lebronpuppetfacepalm.gif

Mo Williams?

10mvcxg.gif

Cleveland?

102l3es.gif

This image was supposed to be a fucking joke dammit!

scqni1.jpg

Ducarmel

Should be a great series this time I dont think the Lakers will be pushed around, but Celtics do have some good PG in Rondo and Nate they will destroy Fisher.

reilo

Ducarmel said:
Should be a great series this time I dont think the Lakers will be pushed around, but Celtics do have some good PG they will destroy Fisher.
Stop with the "opposing PGs will kill the Lakers!" bullshit. Westbrook, Williams, Nash/Dragic didn't do it. They survived all of them.

It's going to be about whether or not KG/Paul/Pierce show up and play some defense.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Why do you put "Official" when you already have the |OT| part?

Celts are playing really, really really well and that scares me, but Im still confident. Celtics don't have anywhere near the physicality or strength that they had up front. KG is now a gimp and they've replaced tough interior players like Powe, Posey and PJ Brown with Glen Davis and Rasheed Wallace. Pierce isn't the player he was 2 years ago and will now be guarded by Artest instead of Luke/Vlad. And as bad as Pau played against PHX, i still think he's got some revenge in him that will come out and help him play well. Plus one legged KG isn't gonna make him work anywhere near as hard on defense as Amare did.

reilo

Raging Spaniard said:
Why do you put "Official" when you already have the |OT| part?
Oops. Totally didn't catch that. I'll get a mod to remove it.

Blackface

Banned
Nate scores 13 points in 400 years and all of a sudden he is a factor in the Lakers series. :lol :lol

Never change NBAGAF.

Drakken

Was pulling for Nash and the Suns, but this should be a fun rematch. Can't wait!

Also I love watching Dragic play when he's being aggressive. Looking forward to seeing him develop and play more in the coming years.

Really remarkable play by the Suns. For guys like Frye and Dudley to step up considering where their careers were a few years back...pretty incredible. Great stepping up by Dragic and the invincible Nash as well. Lots of props. Good luck to them!

After this series I'm not nearly as interested in a Bosh trade...with how soft Pau was tonight I couldn't imagine him at the center spot for a whole season. I'm really torn.

Not much to say about the Celtics. It will be a tough series but I hope we can take advantage of our home court.

Dark FaZe said:
Really remarkable play by the Suns. For guys like Frye and Dudley to step up considering where their careers were a few years back...pretty incredible. Great stepping up by Dragic and the invincible Nash as well. Lots of props. Good luck to them!

After this series I'm not nearly as interested in a Bosh trade...with how soft Pau was tonight I couldn't imagine him at the center spot for a whole season. I'm really torn.

Not much to say about the Celtics. It will be a tough series but I hope we can take advantage of our home court.

im really impressed by Dudley. Coming in to the league he looked like kind of a pudgy tweener, but he's turned himself into a legit 2 guard on both ends of the floor.

Puddles

Banned
Just watched the TNT replay with Fisher commentary. Goddamn, Kobe's last few shots were unreal.

Also, why does no one pronounce the y in Hyundai? It's pronounced with a y in the Korean. Fucking anglo languages.

Home court will be meaningless. Boston is a good road team and the Lakers have no fear playing in Boston.

I think home court will only be a factor in games 6 & 7.

reilo

Puddles said:
Also, why does no one pronounce the y in Hyundai? It's pronounced with a y in the Korean. Fucking anglo languages.
Same reason we don't pronounce Mazda as "Ma-tsu-da" or Acura as "Ah-koo-raah".

The Chosen One said:
Home court will be meaningless. Boston is a good road team and the Lakers have no fear playing in Boston.

I think home court will only be a factor in games 6 & 7.

Both games this season and last season were close regardless of venue. I expect a war.

Don't know aboot HCA being meaningless even if Lakers and Celtics are good road teams.

I mean, historically teams with HCA Finals has won like 85% of the time, I believe.
I think that's huge and need not be overlooked.

It's a classic matchup and maybe even a legendary series in the making.

STRONG OFFENSE VS STRONG DEFENSE GO GO GO!!!

As much as I hate to see the Lakers repeat, trying to look at it objectively, I say,

LAKERS IN 6

Of course, Celtics could prove me wrong as they've done that all this Playoffs.

thekad

Banned
ryutaro's mama said:
On defense?

He won't be a factor???

Do you even watch basketball besides HOU games?

Nice bait attempt though.

Tru Warier played for Houston, friend. And that's exactly how I know he won't be a factor, even defensively. He's a lockdown defender against scrubs and players he can bully and get into their heads. Paul Pierce is neither of these.

Let's go Celtics :D
it's gonna be a 6/7 game series
both teams are evenly matched, gonna be great

*hopes everyone from ESPN picks the lakers, but Barkley already picked them to win it all :eek: can they break the Barkley curse, he did pick the suns to win tonight ;p

I know its early LAkers age, but can we put the Hinrich or Shannon starting shit to rest yet? Fish is just invaluable for this team.

Dark FaZe said:
I know its early LAkers age, but can we put the Hinrich or Shannon starting shit to rest yet? Fish is just invaluable for this team.

During the playoffs? No doubt. During the regular season? No. If we can get a good point to start during the season and then start Fish during the playoffs I'm all for it.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Let's focus on Lebron in the NBA Finals thread. That makes sense. GAF and the Lebron love.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
I'm gonna say ... Lakers in 5.

I'd love to see a 7-game series but i don't think these teams are built for it. Someone is gonna figure out the other team and it'll be slippage from there.

woodchuck

ZZzzzzz...lakers/celtics again. at least the world cup is starting soon.

and there was discussion in the other thread if nash would have won one if cuban had spent the money to keep him in dallas. no way. we don't have the Suns medical staff and/or give our players steroids that revitalize their careers

Majestros said:
I'm gonna say ... Lakers in 5.

I'd love to see a 7-game series but i don't think these teams are built for it. Someone is gonna figure out the other team and it'll be slippage from there.

Nah man. If the Lakers win its going to be in 6 or 7.

woodchuck said:
ZZzzzzz...lakers/celtics again. at least the world cup is starting soon.

and there was discussion in the other thread if nash would have won one if cuban had spent the money to keep him in dallas. no way. we don't have the Suns medical staff and/or give our players steroids that revitalize their careers

Correct, you just have players who flop when push comes to shove like game 3 of an NBA Finals when your team is up by 20 plus points. Not to mention you have players who have problems recognizing females who are males. You have players who are just pure soft and will never win a ring. At least Nash has heart unlike the players on the Mavericks.

Branduil

LovingSteam said:
Correct, you just have players who flop when push comes to shove like game 3 of an NBA Finals when your team is up by 20 plus points. Not to mention you have players who have problems recognizing females who are males. You have players who are just pure soft and will never win a ring. At least Nash has heart unlike the players on the Mavericks.
LovingSteam
If you have to ask:
You're the Douche
(and so is your wife)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom