• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 NBA Finals |OT| Where Will Lebron Go... to watch Lakers/Celtics play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lkr

Pau should be getting about 20 more touches a game. Sometimes there are stretches where he doesn't even touch the ball, and he is the best big man on the court! Very annoying. It is also annoying when he is passive. Sometimes he just needs to throw it down, damnit

Cloudy

Banned
Lkr said:
Pau should be getting about 20 more touches a game. Sometimes there are stretches where he doesn't even touch the ball, and he is the best big man on the court! Very annoying. It is also annoying when he is passive. Sometimes he just needs to throw it down, damnit

He is getting bodied out of the paint with no Bynum to occupy the 2nd big. Unless you want him shooting jumpers, I don't see how he can get too many more shots off. He's also getting a lot of fts so his FGAs are skewed..

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Dreams-Visions said:
Amazing to me that Lakers fans are in such a state of denial, they seem to not even know the '06 playoffs exist

You mean how he allegedly gave up ONE HALF of a game 7 blowout against a far superior team? I'll agree that Kobe gave up for one half of one game if you agree a 45 win team with kwame and smush had no business taking a 60+ win suns team to 7 games in the first place. You really think no other top 10 guy has given up for one half of a blowout before?

Also, it's interesting to note that if Kobe "refused" to return that game, even one single LAL player (especially those traded away) would have said something, or Phil would have.

Bottom line, Kobe maybe gave up one half after taking a team with no business being that far to that level, but if you think on the grand scheme of things that hurts his legacy I think you're grabbing at straws

Duki

Banned
what about that time that he hilariously quit in the 2008 finals and let his team lose after having a 20+ point lead

or that time he let his team get blown out by 39 in a finals clincher

because those were pretty fucking embarrassing

Majestros

Duki said:
what about that time that he hilariously quit in the 2008 finals and let his team lose after having a 20+ point lead

or that time he let his team get blown out by 39 in a finals clincher

because that was pretty fucking embarrassing

You mean the time that a team with 3 hall if famers all really effective beat Kobe? You put zeke ahead of Kobe and spelled his nickname wrong, go back and sit down.

Triple U

Banned
Majestros said:
You mean how he allegedly gave up ONE HALF of a game 7 blowout against a far superior team? I'll agree that Kobe gave up for one half of one game if you agree a 45 win team with kwame and smush had no business taking a 60+ win suns team to 7 games in the first place. You really think no other top 10 guy has given up for one half of a blowout before?

Also, it's interesting to note that if Kobe "refused" to return that game, even one single LAL player (especially those traded away) would have said something, or Phil would have.

Bottom line, Kobe maybe gave up one half after taking a team with no business being that far to that level, but if you think on the grand scheme of things that hurts his legacy I think you're grabbing at straws
He still gave up, there is really no way to justify that.............

Duki

Banned
Majestros said:
You mean the time that a team with 3 hall if famers all really effective beat Kobe? You put zeke ahead of Kobe and spelled his nickname wrong, go back and sit down.

fuck, i got you so mad by making you remember 39 points that you couldn't even string a sentence together, and you complain about a little typo? '3 hall if famers all really effective'.

that was less clutch than kobe's 22 points while the whole team stood there and watched themselves get shredded to pieces.

Majestros

Duki said:
fuck, i got you so mad by making you remember 39 points that you couldn't even string a sentence together, and you complain about a little typo? '3 hall if famers all really effective'.

that was less clutch than kobe's 22 points while the whole team stood there and watched themselves get shredded to pieces.

I doubt that was a typo, more like you haphazardly putting in the first name you could think of to convince yourself kobe's not a top 10 player. And, Zeke? Really?? Lol

Yea Kobe got humiliated in game 6. But if you're gonna count blowouts as giving up than Magic gave up in the memorial day massacre, so did Kareem. Jordan gave up 2 times against Utah and Bird gave up every year against LA.

Kobe Hater: someone who criticizes Kobe while ignoring the same criticism of his favorite players

Lkr

so apparently big baby is finally content with being called big baby. took long enough, I can't think of a player that was unhappy with a nickname off the top of my head.

Ripclawe

Banned
Lkr said:
so apparently big baby is finally content with being called big baby. took long enough, I can't think of a player that was unhappy with a nickname off the top of my head.

2vttg8j.jpg

11i1ll5.gif

Fine I am late for the above but I have been hypnotized by it ever since the link got sent to me.

Sanjuro

Lkr said:
I don't think it was as much he hated the name as much it along with the bad wrap he was getting in the offseason.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
The Crimson Blur said:
So I just went and saw Kick-ass and it was fucking amazing. A+

stop with the list wars plz :)

About a half hour too long.

ryutaro's mama said:
What country do you live in?

U.S.

I was watching it in one of those budget theaters that show movies after theyre out of regular theaters. $4 ticket, $2 on Tuesdays. :D

Raging Spaniard said:
About a half hour too long.

Oh come on it was less than 2 hours long. I can't think of scene I'd edit out.

Anth0ny

Hey Crimson, do you happen to play any video games competitively by any chance? I swear I recognize you from another forum...

probably already been mentioned, but supposedly Tyson Chandler is going to opt out of the final $12 million year of his contract to become a FA...not sure if he's got the stupidest agent since RZA or not? I can't imagine any team will give him that yearly, but a 2 or 3 year deal will probably net him more total salary and his stock probably won't be much higher next offseason. If he gets desperate Lakers could offer him partial MLE. We might have an open spot for a fragile center if Bynum is traded.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LovingSteam said:
Man I can't believe I'm saying this but this special on Lebron and his high school team is kind of changing my view of him lol.

You mean the special that LeBron created about himself?

Anth0ny said:
LIST WARS

God Tier (no order):

Magic
Larry
Kareem
Wilt
Shaq
Kobe
Duncan
Russell (I suppose)
Moses Malone (averaged a triple double, Jesus)
David Robinson (quadruple double, nuff said)

Looks like you're merging two people in to one. I believe you meant Oscar Robertson. Averaged (rounded down) 30/12/11 in his second season.

numble

Ninja Scooter said:
probably already been mentioned, but supposedly Tyson Chandler is going to opt out of the final $12 million year of his contract to become a FA...not sure if he's got the stupidest agent since RZA or not? I can't imagine any team will give him that yearly, but a 2 or 3 year deal will probably net him more total salary and his stock probably won't be much higher next offseason. If he gets desperate Lakers could offer him partial MLE. We might have an open spot for a fragile center if Bynum is traded.
New CBA after next year means anyone who can opt-out should.

Lkr

BOSTON — When Andrew Bynum left TD Garden on Thursday night, he said draining fluid from his swollen right knee was an option he was unlikely to choose, but Bynum was soon convinced that it was worth a try.

Bynum had his knee drained in the early morning hours Friday — just as he did before the NBA Finals began when his knee didn’t seem to be responding to other sorts of treatment — in hopes of regaining mobility and function. Bynum also had another MRI on the knee later Friday afternoon with Lakers team doctor Steve Lombardo, and the results showed no new damage. The MRI results were sent for Bynum’s personal physician, David Altchek, to review also.

“Nothing new at all,” Lakers spokesman John Black said of the findings.

Bynum is officially listed as questionable for Game 5 of the NBA Finals on Sunday night, although the Lakers remain optimistic he’ll be able to play and Bynum has said he will be ready. He will continue with his array of other types of treatment to minimize swelling in his knee, which needs surgery to repair torn cartilage.

Last time Bynum had the knee drained on May 31 (the Monday before the NBA Finals began on a Thursday) and tested the knee in practice two days later. Bynum said fluid returned to the knee “about 12 hours” after aspirating the knee anyway, which is not unexpected, but Bynum was effective regardless to start this series — averaging 13.3 points, 7.3 rebounds and 2.7 blocks in 32 minutes in the first three NBA Finals games.

He was limited to 1:50 of second-half playing time in Game 4 on Thursday night and said the swelling made his knee look “like a basketball.”
http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2010/06/11/andrew-bynum-has-right-knee-drained-again/38137/

numble said:
New CBA after next year means anyone who can opt-out should.

yeah but when the Knicks miss out on Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Joe Johnson, Amare, Boozer, Dirk, David Lee, Marcus Camby, Delonte West and JJ Reddick they'll have no choice but to give Tyson a max contract.

Kobe goes nut at times...and takes hard shots...He seems to be impatient.
If he was more patient with his shots and setups he would have a much higher percentage.

It was so clear this past game.

Rondo WTF. Learn to shoot. You have Ray Allen on your team, get some tips.
This is like the 08 finals where he's given the shot and he can't do anything.

WTF that should have been your main priority.

Bynum would have been the big difference in this game for the Lakers..but I see this swaying towards Celtics now. The are going to be shooting much better than these past games.

Great series though. :D

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/sure-253135-bynum-percent.html

Sounds like Bynum basically is on a every other game basis.

He said the swelling in the knee would return after he uses it for Game 5: “It’s guaranteed.” So he’ll have issues to deal with for Game 6 back at Staples Center, particularly because the Lakers will fly across the country after the game Sunday night and come right back to play Tuesday night. Game 7, if necessary, would be Thursday night at Staples Center.

“This game is the biggest game,” Bynum said of Game 5, “because it’s going to change the series. … The drainer worked, and on Sunday I’ll be ready to play.”

I like this a lot.

He can potentially swing the series in game 5.

Wow.

bionic77

Its fucking sad that Bynum has been more dependable than Odom despite this being Odom's 3rd straight finals appearance and this being Bynum's first.

Drew's gonna fuck up their shit tomorrow night.

bionic77 said:
Its fucking sad that Bynum has been more dependable than Odom despite this being Odom's 3rd straight finals appearance and this being Bynum's first.

Not to mention Bynum is on one leg while Odom isn't. EIther way Bynum has shit up all the haters including me. Win or lose the dude is a warrior.

bionic77 said:

Yeah I have a feeling he's going to beast and get us to a great start and Kobe/Fish will sustain it and Kobe will finally have a good 4th quarter.

bionic77 said:

Seriously, if Drew plays big tomorrow in terms of minutes and production and this is indeed the swing game and the Lakers win it all, Bynum gets my vote for FMVP.

He would be in the truest sense of the term.

ryutaro's mama said:
Seriously, if Drew plays big tomorrow in terms of minutes and production and this is indeed the swing game and the Lakers win it all, Bynum gets my vote for FMVP.

I'm feeling good about tomorrow ;)

ryutaro's mama said:

so its gonna be either Drew or Big Baby for Finals MVP!?

BruceLeeRoy said:
Phew. Call my nerves LS calm my nerves.

Things that give me confidence:

*Phil was pissed after game 4 which is a good thing for us fans
*Bynum's knee is feeling better for game 5 after the drain
*Phil called out Odom
*Boston depended on two guys that most likely won't have the same performance in game 5
*Kobe shot much better last game than any other so far
*With Bynum playing more minutes it will allow Phil to use the bench more, saving minutes

LovingSteam said:

*Phil called out Odom
*Boston depended on two guys that most likely won't have the same performance in game 5
*With Bynum playing more minutes it will allow Phil to use the bench more, saving minutes

1. oh no phil jackson is pissed! hope he doesn't go for a double nickle against the celtics!
2. so what, bynum's value is being overstated. yeah, he is a big help on defense but he's not some all-world player that is going to change the outcome
3. ok? odom plays when odom feels like playing. nothing phil says will change that
4. boston had a terrible performance from ray allen for 2 straight games. boston also missed a TON of open shots. game 4 should have been a blow out in bostons favor. don't count on ray allen going oh-fer from downtown again and a bunch of layups/open shots to be missed by the celtics
5. kobe shot much better and they still lost. kobe is going to get his points, that is already a given.
6. the more phil uses his bench the better for boston

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
1. oh no phil jackson is pissed! hope he doesn't go for a double nickle against the celtics!
2. so what, bynum's value is being overstated. yeah, he is a big help on defense but he's not some all-world player that is going to change the outcome
3. ok? odom plays when odom feels like playing. nothing phil says will change that
4. boston had a terrible performance from ray allen for 2 straight games. boston also missed a TON of open shots. game 4 should have been a blow out in bostons favor. don't count on ray allen going oh-fer from downtown again and a bunch of layups/open shots to be missed by the celtics
5. kobe shot much better and they still lost. kobe is going to get his points, that is already a given.
6. the more phil uses his bench the better for boston

i knew what this post was before even coming in. You gotta be Bill Simmons

LovingSteam said:

*Phil called out Odom

I think the 2 days off is going to do wonders for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom