• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

101st Indianapolis 500 - May 28th |OT| We Got Bigger Crowds than Trump's Inauguration

Jezbollah

That angle he hit the corner at Turn 2. SAFER probably saved his life there.

Where's everyone watching? Is there a YT stream or something for us plebs in europe?

No YT stream for qualifying. There will be a gif/tweet with the crash footage soon.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
That was a lot like the Smiley crash... eerily similar.

The difference in the safety of the cars is so hugely apparent.

Nobody would have survived that crash years ago.

Mastah

DATiJ0HXkAI6WZz.jpg:large

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
All things considered, only a fractured hip and pelvis is a good outcome. I hope he recovers well, an impact like that even 20 years ago would've been deadly.

Mastah

Shame about the crash and injuries, because SeaBass had great start to the season with victory and 2nd place. Then he was taken out in first lap accident at Phoenix, suffered engine failure few laps into Indianapolis GP and now is out for at least the rest of this season. Hopefully he'll be back.

Mastah

F1 Broadcasting‏ @f1broadcasting 46m46 minutes ago

UK: @IndyCar #Indy500 day 1 qualifying peaked with a massive 66k (0.4%) on @btsport yesterday. Highest Indy number in years! @overnightstv

UK: Average across *billed* slot was 45k (0.3%). Highest ever for @IndyCar on @btsport

UK: Looks like last night's @IndyCar qualifying average was highest​ in the UK since live coverage of the 2011 #Indy500. @overnightstv

FrankCanada97

Is qualifying at 11 AM or 4 PM ET today?

This is how today's qualifying is scheduled:

The qualifying session to determine positions 10-33 runs from 2:45pm ET to 4:45pm ET.

At 5:00pm ET there is a 45 minute qualifying session for the fast 9 to determine the top 9 starting positions.

Spades

If my conversions are correct, it's 3pm UK time.

EDIT: Actually yeah, green flag is an hour later at 4pm.

An hour later than the times you posted in the OP? Because we're not on GMT at the moment, we're on BST (which is GMT+1), which is why I wanted to double check!

FrankCanada97

An hour later than the times you posted in the OP? Because we're not on GMT at the moment, we're on BST (which is GMT+1), which is why I wanted to double check!
If only Swatch Internet time caught on. The race broadcast starts at 4pm BST and the actual start of the race should be 45 minutes to an hour later. Sorry for the confusion.

Mastah

Chris Medland‏ @ChrisMedlandF1 4m4 minutes ago

Scratch last tweet, Alonso's engine being changed ahead of Fast Nine shootout (2.5 hours away). At least he's familiar with the situation!

Told engine change will be done in time for Fast Nine, but it will be pushed immediately with Alonso's one qualifying attempt #Indy500

Sounds familiar, lol :(

Zaphod

Over 231 MPH average for Hunter-Reay! I wonder if the fast nine will top that. Should be an interesting last qualifying session.

DBT85

Over 231 MPH average for Hunter-Reay! I wonder if the fast nine will top that. Should be an interesting last qualifying session.

Would have to think so.

Will be interesting to see how Nando gets on with a new engine in there.

Top Bottom