• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100th running of the Indianapolis 500 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parch

I remember how shitty it was when CART and IRL were split.
Yeah. I went to a couple of ChampCar events but the tour without the Indy 500 felt incomplete. The unification was the best thing that could happen.

Now it's a really good event with great racing. All the variety with pro tracks, road courses, city courses, airport courses, small ovals, and super speedways provides a lot of challenge and strategy.

Ugh, a storm knocked my tv out for a while and I return to find Sato and Daly out. Was it a crash?
Sato's car started to lose grip in a corner and made contact with the wall. His front right suspension was messed up.

Anybody feel like going to Dick's Sporting Goods after this?

thefro

Was listening on the radio in my car and as usual, the difference between the TV announcers who are on sleep aids and the radio announcers is night and day.

Still feeling the aftershocks, I think.

For example, there's no reason Danica should be in NASCAR. She's not good with those cars. She's barely in competition for top 20 finishes, and never in contention for wins. But she makes more money going on pointless sunday afternoon drives there than she did/would in Indy cars.

Danica would struggle to be Top 20 with all the talent in the current series and the fact that there's only 4-5 oval tracks on the schedule. Her only win in IndyCar was fuel mileage on an oval.

Do they run this track wide open, or do they crack the throttle getting into turns 1/3?

Usually wide open on quals if the car is setup right. Have to use the throttle during the race.

Lach

Watched the start and came back right for the last 15 laps.

Great win for Rossi (only know him from his few F1 stints) but incredible feat to end it on an economy run!

Rossi gets kicked out of F1 for a pay driver and wins the Indy 500, lol. There was talk of him coming back later this year, too, but he's obviously staying after this, right?

Mobius 1

Rossi gets kicked out of F1 for a pay driver and wins the Indy 500, lol. There was talk of him coming back later this year, too, but he's obviously staying after this, right?

I hope he capitalizes on this and stays.. F1's pay driver situation is a complete shitshow.

thefro

These random victories, literally on fumes. Consolation for not cutting at F1 I suppose.

Marussia sucked so that's not a good measure of his talent. He didn't have the checkbook to continue.

IndyCar has a few young Americans who rival Rossi in talent and would do well in F1. Graham Rahal, Conor Daly, Josef Newgarden.

Ryan Hunter-Reay's the best of the bunch right now, but he's 35 and probably won't get a shot. He was going to be the one to get Scott Speed's shot with Red Bull but he didn't want to sign his life away.

Was that Bob Jenkins I heard on the track PA system?

BDBtAQ5.gif

Wow! it felt like a win out of nowhere, but it was the long play!

Congrats to Rossi! The interview with Munoz was hard to watch, it definitely felt like "If you're not first, you're last!"

Wow! it felt like a win out of nowhere, but it was the long play!

Congrats to Rossi! The interview with Munoz was hard to watch, it definitely felt like "If you're not first, you're last!"
Reminded me of the old Earnhardt interviews after some novel circumstance cost him a win at Daytona.

"Second place is just the first loser"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom