• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indy 500 pole sitter Scott Dixon robbed at an Indianapolis Taco Bell drive-thru

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.espn.com/racing/story/_/...o-bell-drive-thru-indianapolis-motor-speedway

Indianapolis 500 pole sitter Scott Dixon and former IndyCar Series driver Dario Franchitti were robbed at gunpoint at a Taco Bell drive-thru Sunday in Indianapolis, according to a police report obtained by ESPN.

Dixon, his wife, Emma Davies-Dixon, and Franchitti were robbed at around 9:40 p.m. local time at the restaurant, which is located less than a mile from Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Hours earlier, Dixon set the fastest qualifying time in 21 years there.

Two males, ages 15 and 14, were arrested, according to the police report. Both were charged with robbery, while the 15-year-old was also charged with resisting law enforcement.

The teenagers allegedly took credit cards as well as Davies-Dixon's wallet and identification.

Dixon and Franchitti declined to comment to reporters Monday, while Chip Ganassi Racing released a statement saying the drivers are "completely fine."

Dixon's teammate Tony Kanaan told reporters Monday that he was supposed to be with them Sunday night when Dixon went out to buy food for a number of drivers.

"Obviously, I'm glad they're OK," Kanaan said. "Now obviously I can make fun of them big time."

Team owner Chip Ganassi also took a lighthearted approach to the incident in a tweet Monday.

There goes that Taco Bell sponsorship we were working on I guess. @scottdixon9 @dariofranchitti @EmmaDaviesDixon

— Chip Ganassi (@GanassiChip) May 22, 2017

Dixon will start on the pole for the third time at the Indianapolis 500 on Sunday. The four-time series champion won the Indy 500 from the pole in 2008.

Pole sitting, eh?

118_souvenirs.jpg

Bet he won't beat this guy's record

Dishwalla

Banned
Actually have sort of an irrational fear of being robbed in a fast food drive thru. You are essentially a sitting duck, you clearly have money since you are about to buy food, and if there is a car in front of you and one behind you you can't drive your way out of it.

kewlmyc

Makes sense. The Speedway is a pretty shitty part of town here in Indy.

My heart goes out to him. Being robbed sucks.

dejay

Banned
Actually have sort of an irrational fear of being robbed in a fast food drive thru. You are essentially a sitting duck, you clearly have money since you are about to buy food, and if there is a car in front of you and one behind you you can't drive your way out of it.

Yeah, but it's a convenient way to get robbed. You don't even have to get out of your car.

Top Bottom