• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1 year with the new consoles... anybody going back to PC as main?

nemiroff

Gold Member
I never really left (but we do have a XSX and a solid HDR TV in the house). And now with an increasing presence of MS and Sony on Steam / Game Pass (not my highest priority, but it's a plus) there's basically no incentive to change things up. With that said, I can fully understand that it's not exactly the cheapest path to gaming (and doubly so right now..) and this is an important point for those with priorities. And that's fine, let's not pretend that things are miles apart, console gaming is overall a good place to stay for several good reasons.

(And, btw, it's only going to be more contrasted for me now that my "gaming chair" is literally way more comfortable than anything in our living room, lol)

darthkarki

Nope. Sick and tired of constantly fiddling with PC issues. PS5 is by far the best system I've ever used. I have a PC with a 9700k, 2080 Super, and fast NVMe drive and I would rather play any game on PS5.
  • I can put the system in rest mode with the game running and come right back to where I was.
  • I can load up any game in seconds.
  • DualSense is pure magic.
  • Activity cards are one of my favorite features ever.
  • So far every single game I've played is 60fps + dynamic 4k + basically highest settings.
  • EVERY GAME JUST WORKS.
Versus using a computer:
  • It takes a thousand times longer to boot up and be usable, and can't suspend games.
  • I have to deal with a dozen different launchers.
  • Games are not optimized as well on PC. On console most games have dynamic resolution scaling allowing them to be higher resolution in less stressful scenes. Most do not have this on PC, so I have to have it at the lowest resolution all the time or deal with framerate drops. For a game like Assassin's Creed Valhalla, I would actually have worse image quality and performance on PC than PS5.
  • Games still frequently have weird issues that need research to fix. Stutters, issues with vsync and fullscreen... it's endless and infuriating. I have extremely limited free time to play games. Do I want to spend that time googling and trying to fix obscure technical issues, or just playing the damn game?
I'm as much of a graphics whore as the next person. I love ray tracing, games like Teardown are incredible. I'll probably always have a PC for games that are only available there. But at the moment I would never choose to play PC over PS5.

It's interesting to compare the differences between PC and consoles across generations:

With the PS360 it was really no contest: not long into the gen you could play games at 1080p60 with improved graphics while consoles were stuck at 720p30. That was a big difference. Add to that the clunkyness of the console software experience with often slow, laggy OSs and it was pretty much all upside for the PC.

With the PS4 gen the console experience started to improve a lot with things like suspend/rest mode and share features, but a lot of games were still 30fps, and with games at 1080p or lower there was still a tangible benefit to being able to run at higher resolutions on PC. And of course consoles still used mechanical hard drives. Remember those load times? Not on a PC with an SSD!

Now with the PS5 gen, basically everything is 60fps and dynamic 4k on console. To actually beat that to a noticeable degree on PC you need an incredibly expensive system, easily 3-4x the cost of the console. What's the point of higher resolution? You can't even tell without a magnifying glass. You wanna step up to 120fps on modern AAA games? With 4k/max settings? Good luck. And then you have all the modern conveniences and special features of consoles and there's pretty much no benefit and countless drawbacks to PC.

Last edited:

JackMcGunns

When I can buy a decent GPU, actually I've been itching to build a new rig. Maybe by end 2022 things are back to normal?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
When I can buy a decent GPU, actually I've been itching to build a new rig. Maybe by end 2022 things are back to normal?
Do you check prices regularly? I advise you to join some telegram channel or something like that, I snagged a 3070 at msrp last year by joining a channel that had a bot that warned it's users about items going on sale.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
When a PC works well, it is absolutely great. When it doesn't, you want to throw the damn shit outa the window.

I bought a new CPU/motherboard last week: Core I9 12900K plus a MSI Z690 motherboard. That was a nighmare to get to run because the BIOS is so buggy. It happened multiple times that the PC wouldn't boot and only a red or white led light would light up on the motherboard. Only when I started using a beta bios that was linked on the MSI supprt forum did things get better. (That beta bios isn't available on the main MSI web site. I pity the people who try to get this board working using the original BIOS from September).

The only game I tried so far (Immortals: Fenyx Rising) ran like dog shit on my 12900K plus RTX3080. Turns out the games is on a list of games that aren't compatible with the new 12th gen Intel CPUs. I could get it to run using a BIOS clutch that turns off the new efficiency cores using a hotkey.

This kind of shit is exactly the reason why I'd rather play on my PS5 than my PC. On the PS5 it just works.

JLB

Banned
whynotboth.gif

But in reality, I work on a PC, and dont want to be playing on the same place. Its depressing. Ill be a console player always. And yeah, Steam link whatever is not that simple / convenient.

GymWolf

whynotboth.gif

But in reality, I work on a PC, and dont want to be playing on the same place. Its depressing. Ill be a console player always. And yeah, Steam link whatever is not that simple / convenient.
If you don't mind having an hdmi cable around the house, it's pretty simple to transform a pc into a console with minimal fuss.

I have the pc in the same room as the big oled so it's easy peasy for me.

I thought that steam link was pretty easy, but i never used it.

Never left. Love my 3060ti /ryzen 3600 /16gb build.

I may have went ps4 more last gen but still had a pc (albeit prebuilt i3 w/ 7870 and then 1060) I used it for strategy games, xbox exclusives (lol), old games, indies, etc..
It was the first gen since the ps1 that I didn't have a kick ass pc. It was competent and lasted almost a decade.

Fast forward to 2020 and I couldn't get a ps5. I was having issues with Mount and Blade 2 (love mount and blade warband so this was a must), as it would lag on battles. Seen that it was my sandy bridge i3 from 2011 that was the problem. I had bought a 1650 super to see if it could help, it didn't (but did on other games). This game was cpu dependent due to amount of units on screen.

So built me a ryzen 3600, 16gb 3.6ghz ddr4 , m2.ssd , with mesh front case and 6 rgb fans, 700w psu. Mount and blade 2 was no longer an issue. About the same time my ps4 started sounding like a jet and overheating the room 10 degrees warmer. In the summer this was not good. So I started playing more console games on pc. No mans sky wasn't able to be maxed textures and ultra at 1080p or i would get drops into the 20fps , averaging around 49-50.
Bought a 2060 rtx in Nov 2020 and it ran everything perfect. Seen that a new upper mid range card was coming the 3060ti, and that evga has a stepup program. Enrolled for that and in 8 months, got a 3060ti. This card is amazing for 1080/1440p.

So after going from a old sandybridge i3 to a 12 thread cpu and 3060ti i was back. PS4 was on the fritz, switch covered mobile gaming, and i couldn't get and still can't get a ps5 (thanks a lot you asshole scalpers !! )

Love it steam and gog sales, loaded up with Dark soul games, Days gone, grim dawn, rimworld, and tons of city builders, roguelikes, 4x and grand strategy games.

Add a 8bitdo controller, a Logitech g513 mech keyboard , g502 hero mouse, and I am set.
Keeping my 1650 super in case 3060ti breaks and i have to send it in. Don't want to not have a backup gpu in this climate.

Its nice that now ps4 games are coming over to pc. I still want a ps5 to play on the couch, but i can wait it out.

What i am really conserned with is ps3 games. My ps3 isn't the best shape and they are getting expensive now. Where else can I play silent hill collection and mgs games as they weren't on ps4 or pc (outside of the mgs 1+2).
As far as i heard there is no good ps3 emulation yet.

PC has been relegated to Web Surfing mostly. Log in every week to get the free games on Epic Game Store but Don't install many of them.
Played through Farcry 6 on PC and wish I had bought it on Series X instead. It would have been a better experience, I think.
Old i7 3770 GTX1080. Loud Case fans in a HDTV small case. It's served me more than well over the years but will eventually strip the SSD's and put it out to pasture.
I'm sticking with Series X for at least till PC components play catch up on the SSD side and 8 cores are needed in games.
Then I will start looking into PC again. Probly 2024 or around there.

JackMcGunns

Do you check prices regularly? I advise you to join some telegram channel or something like that, I snagged a 3070 at msrp last year by joining a channel that had a bot that warned it's users about items going on sale.

Not regularly enough I guess. I haven't tried using an app like Hotstock, but it probably makes sense. Thanks for the head up.

Mossybrew

Always been primarily a console gamer, PC has never been my main focus. Only dabbled in it periodically over the years for stuff like MMOs you couldn't play on console.

tygertrip

If you don't mind having an hdmi cable around the house, it's pretty simple to transform a pc into a console with minimal fuss.

I do the same. My PC is hooked up, console style, to my 82" Samsung. Wireless keyboard, wireless mouse, wireless game pads. My son and I have been playing comfy couch co-op Ghosts N Goblins Resurrection on PC in glorious 4K!

JLB

Banned

Nah. PC is always cumbersome. Hibernate, inconvenient windows updates, inconvinient driver updates, popups, and a million other shits. When I want to play with my Xbox series X, I press the Xbox button and in 5 secs im playing. TV turns on immediately, no cables, no fuss for real.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
There are so many times I consider going to consoles instead. It's so convenient to hit the Xbox/PS button, have the console and TV started by the press of that button, jump straight into an interface built for gaming, hit A/X and a start a game.

To this point it's great but every time I tried I get sucked back to reality. Loading times are abysmal on last gen consoles. I could probably deal with that, but seing on Digital Foundry how many games STILL struggle to maintain (almost) a perfect frame time at 30fps makes we wonder. Wanted to order Mass Effect Legendary Edition on PS4 but seing that even the PS4 Pro can't maintain 30fps all the time because the dynamic resolution isn't going low enough, I think I'll grab the PC version.

Just yesterday I played Outriders on Xbox One X. I noticed a serious drop in visual quality (lack of details in textures and ground coverage) and lack of image quality. The worst is the double buffered 30fps v-sync though that introduces a very noticeable input lag. Playing on the same TV, the PC version capped at 30fps via RTSS and it's smooth as it should be. Rarely any frame drops, more responsive, less input lag, better image quality due to DLSS (quality setting up scaled to 4k).

On the other hand I have this weird behavior that the game (and some. others) love to switch to windowed mode either on start up or changing resolutions in the graphics options.

So I ultimately still need my keyboard and mouse at my side to handle the OS/interface of Windows.

Also, I love haptic feedback and adaptive triggers of the DualSense and the supported PC games list is very very short. So I'm really torn between those worlds but find myself always coming back to PC despite its inconveniences.

I wish Windows would provide an OS like on console. Boot up in an interface that is tailored for gaming and can be controlled with a game pad flawlessly.

And even if Valve would finally update their Big Picture mode and you could somehow boot straight into that, then you'll still have this shit of handling Origin, Ubiconnect, Epic or GOG.

But maybe that's where I belong... between both worlds and picking the version of a game that runs best on either platform.
true that.
I am playing guardians of the Galaxy on pc. It runs fantastic but I am reminded why I like playing games on console:
-I am playing this with HDR and on a controller (xbox controller). So for screenshots I have to reach to keyboard and then these are very washed out... because windows does not have hdr viewere or hdr wallpapers.
On ps5, I just hit the screenshot buttong, Screenshots are saved in HDR and when I copy them to usb stick, the photos are convered to proper png sdr format without being washed out, so I can use as wallpapers on pc.
It's also easier to take a video of any point in a game. So photo mode is pointless for me on pc
-I also miss the dualsense haptics and ps5 3d sound. But other than that, the pc verison is excellent in this case.

That said, I like the feeling of playing on console. No matter if it's a bit worse framerate or resolution.
Besides, I likemy physical games. Buying a steam game is starting to feel to me like a waste of money for some reason recently.. even if it's cheaper than ps5 version lol. I know it's idiotic. I am even thinking about buyging physical ps5 version of "the forgotten city". I loved that game and finished it on pc gamepass
And right now, ps5 has no loading times in many games. I love that.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I went back. i Liked the Xbox but it’s impossible to find and we needed another in the house so gave mine up for a pc. Plays all the same stuff and it’s easier to get. Also have a huge steam library I wasn’t using.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
No.
I like having ps5 exclusives day 1 and i like the "it just works" nature of consoles.

Last edited:

MacReady13

Apart from Horizon 5 i'm not playing my Series X at all so I'm probably going to sell it and build a new gaming PC. My PS5 is getting all my attention and I can't see that changing in the future.

GymWolf

Nah. PC is always cumbersome. Hibernate, inconvenient windows updates, inconvinient driver updates, popups, and a million other shits. When I want to play with my Xbox series X, I press the Xbox button and in 5 secs im playing. TV turns on immediately, no cables, no fuss for real.
No offense but this sound like your average console player from 15 years ago...

I'm an absolute noob when it comes to solving pc problems etc, people can testimony how fucking stupid my questions are in the pc build topic, and i still have almost zero problems on pc.

Hibernate? i don't know what it means.

Inconvenient driver updates? like the one that adds\improve incredible tech like DLSS? it's super easy to install drivers for the gpu and windows take care of the other hardware without me even noticing his work. do you think that i have to manually upgrade drivers for every part of the pc on a weekly basis? think again.

Popups? uh?

I think you have a very old fashion idea of pc gaming, i can assure you that if it was a complicated way of playing, i would never even use a pc because in the end i'm a lazy fuck when it comes to this stuff, gaming is relax for me, not studying to solve problems.

Sure there is the occasional windows update that broke something or a broken game that you have to fix by lowering down some settings etc, but on console you can't even fix that and you have to wait for official patches, cyberpunk is just one of the latest examples, pc players enjoying the game for the most part, console players enjoying the majority of bugs and shitty performances.

95% of times i just click on the game icon and play, and the better your pc is, the less time you have to waste on settings because you can just bruteforce everything.

And let's not even talk about games prices (i literally bought elden ring for 35 euros, good luck finding that price on console day one) or not being forced to play with a specific controller or paying for internet gaming in 2021...

I play on both platforms and i have no problem bashing or praising both.

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
Yea cause EVERY single game offers those features, and lets be real even the ones that do have to make a ton of sacrifices to to hit 120fps and still struggle to do so.
Not every game within the first year of the console release but I don't see Call of Duty not having 120 FPS moving forward....or Fortnite....or...Apex Legends....

Vanguard at 120fps and FOV works flawlessly with minimal dips that majority of folks can't even tell. With VRR in the future I think we'll be just fine. Games also look great.

yurinka

No, I continue playing most of my time in the consoles and have no reason to shift to the PC.

Last edited:

tygertrip

This USED to be true. Nowadays, consoles have inconvenient updates all the time. At least my PS4 and Switch do. I don't know, my PC only updates when I want it to... When I'm sleeping! Of course, I have to wait on steam to update games sometimes, just like a console does. I understand, some people probably can't deal with the initial set-up, and get confused easy when it comes to anything techy. Consoles are awesome for them. Claiming consoles don't have "inconvenient updates" is just silly though.

tygertrip

true that.
I am playing guardians of the Galaxy on pc. It runs fantastic but I am reminded why I like playing games on console:
-I am playing this with HDR and on a controller (xbox controller). So for screenshots I have to reach to keyboard and then these are very washed out... because windows does not have hdr viewere or hdr wallpapers.
On ps5, I just hit the screenshot buttong, Screenshots are saved in HDR and when I copy them to usb stick, the photos are convered to proper png sdr format without being washed out, so I can use as wallpapers on pc.
It's also easier to take a video of any point in a game. So photo mode is pointless for me on pc
-I also miss the dualsense haptics and ps5 3d sound. But other than that, the pc verison is excellent in this case.

That said, I like the feeling of playing on console. No matter if it's a bit worse framerate or resolution.
Besides, I likemy physical games. Buying a steam game is starting to feel to me like a waste of money for some reason recently.. even if it's cheaper than ps5 version lol. I know it's idiotic. I am even thinking about buyging physical ps5 version of "the forgotten city". I loved that game and finished it on pc gamepass
And right now, ps5 has no loading times in many games. I love that.
Oh man, the 3D sound thing is a sore point for me. I had an A3D card in my PC over 20 years ago. Shit was AMAZING. After Creative buried that tech, I didn't experience it again until I got a PSVR. I'm really glad to see Sony is making a point to have it standard for PS5 games.

SNG32

I use my PC for fighters, emulators and Japanese games. Anything for online multiplayer is still going to be on console. To avoid the modding and cheating on PC.

tygertrip

I'm an absolute noob when it comes to solving pc problems etc, people can testimony how fucking stupid my questions are in the pc build topic, and i still have almost zero problem on pc.

Invonvenient driver updates? like the one that adds\improve incredible tech like DLSS? it's super easy to install drivers for the gpu and windows take care of the other hardware without me even noticing his work. do you think that i have to manually upgrade drivers for every part of the pc on a weekly basis? think again.

Popups? uh?

I think you have a very old fashion idea of pc gaming, i can assure you that if it was a complicated way of play, i would never even use a pc because in the end i'm a lazy fuck when it comes to this stuff, gaming is relax for me, not studying to solve problems.

Sure there is the occasional windows update that broke something or a broken game that you have to fix by lowering down some settings etc, but on console you can't even fix that and you have to wait for official patches, cyberpunk is just one of the latest example, pc players enjoying the game for the most part, console players enjoying the majority of bugs and shitty performances.

95% of times i just click on the game icon and play, and the better your pc is, the less time you have to pass on settings because you can bruteforce everything.

And let's not even talk about games prices (i literally bought elden ring for 35 euros, good luck finding that price on console day one) or not being forced to play with a specific controller or paying from internet gaming in 2021...

Everything you said is true. He is acting like it is still 1994 and he needs to make boot-disks with custom config.sys files and shit. I think a junk PC blasted his bussy somewhere down the line! 😂

Went from PC gamer to ps5 but it hasnt taken over, im juggling between ps5, pc, and switch. Im not sure if I see one taking over. They all have there place. Thats coming from a minimalist, if I had to chose 1 I would probably just get a Nintendo console, ...maybe.

thatJohann

After a year with the PS5, XSX alongside the Switch, I realized I just want to keep the Switch. I don’t have time or patience for all the big budget lengthy bloated games anymore, and there’s nothing left to play for me, especially on PS5, it’s collecting dust.

Filben

am playing guardians of the Galaxy on pc. It runs fantastic but I am reminded why I like playing games on console:
Yeah, don't get me started on HDR. Since I have an 2070 Super I can't run 4k/120 and HDR. So I always have to switch to 1440p for 120hz and HDR, but then the interface in games isn't as sharp as it could be. Or I run 4k/60hz HDR, but than games running faster than 60fps isn't covered by freesync /gsync anymore.

For Screenshots you have to use the Xbox game bar, then it works like on console. But the game bar doesn't allow single hot keys, so in order to take a proper HDR screenshot you than have to press two buttons on the keyboard simultaneously.

Just read all of that again and don't think this isn't inconvenient... 😞

Kenpachii

When a PC works well, it is absolutely great. When it doesn't, you want to throw the damn shit outa the window.

I bought a new CPU/motherboard last week: Core I9 12900K plus a MSI Z690 motherboard. That was a nighmare to get to run because the BIOS is so buggy. It happened multiple times that the PC wouldn't boot and only a red or white led light would light up on the motherboard. Only when I started using a beta bios that was linked on the MSI supprt forum did things get better. (That beta bios isn't available on the main MSI web site. I pity the people who try to get this board working using the original BIOS from September).

The only game I tried so far (Immortals: Fenyx Rising) ran like dog shit on my 12900K plus RTX3080. Turns out the games is on a list of games that aren't compatible with the new 12th gen Intel CPUs. I could get it to run using a BIOS clutch that turns off the new efficiency cores using a hotkey.

This kind of shit is exactly the reason why I'd rather play on my PS5 than my PC. On the PS5 it just works.

Never adopt first gen tech, rule n1. But yea that bios sounds like absolute trash.

Last edited:

Kappa

whynotboth.gif

This really. Wfh is life changing but a consequence is that i dont wanna be at my pc after 5

Ya quick resume and haptics are nice but have you ever remastered your own damn games? You should after GTA trilogy.
BF2042 just flows so much better with a kb&m, nowadays devs don't even bother making proper console menus and I don't remember messing with deadzone settings in the past as much I did this gen.
And now games like Gotg and Forza are comfortably pulling away from console graphic presets.
Also who needs E3 when we got nvidia database leaks.

giphy.gif

Damn it feels good to be back.
I click once the ps Button, 3 second later one time X and then one more time X and I am playing the game I was playing from the moment I left it last time. I bought this machine for 500€ and i can play and enjoy 1 or 2 hours after work. I want to play the games not play the specs. If I want similar experience I have to pay over 1k. I better buy with the extra 500 something for me, Nvidia/Amd does not need my money.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Nah my PC is a Piece of Crap.
Fucker struggles to play 4k videos let alone 4k games.
I mean I could put the money I spent on my TV & Home Theatre system and have something really high-end...
ryan reynolds hd GIF

JLB

Banned

I'm an absolute noob when it comes to solving pc problems etc, people can testimony how fucking stupid my questions are in the pc build topic, and i still have almost zero problems on pc.

Inconvenient driver updates? like the one that adds\improve incredible tech like DLSS? it's super easy to install drivers for the gpu and windows take care of the other hardware without me even noticing his work. do you think that i have to manually upgrade drivers for every part of the pc on a weekly basis? think again.

Popups? uh?

I think you have a very old fashion idea of pc gaming, i can assure you that if it was a complicated way of playing, i would never even use a pc because in the end i'm a lazy fuck when it comes to this stuff, gaming is relax for me, not studying to solve problems.

Sure there is the occasional windows update that broke something or a broken game that you have to fix by lowering down some settings etc, but on console you can't even fix that and you have to wait for official patches, cyberpunk is just one of the latest examples, pc players enjoying the game for the most part, console players enjoying the majority of bugs and shitty performances.

95% of times i just click on the game icon and play, and the better your pc is, the less time you have to waste on settings because you can just bruteforce everything.

And let's not even talk about games prices (i literally bought elden ring for 35 euros, good luck finding that price on console day one) or not being forced to play with a specific controller or paying from internet gaming in 2021...

Thanks for taking the time to answer. but soveirgn bullshit. They idea that a pc is as simple as a console is nonsense.
Not saying that playing on pc is wrong or hard, ur console is completely hassle free i comprisson.

Last edited:

gypsygib

I'd definitely consider console given the GPU prices and near impossibility of finding one that's not a 100% mark up from an already marked up retail price. But years of kb/m for FPS games have rendered me incapable of aiming with any degree of skill in FPS games on console.

I was playing Halo Infinite and Warzone on my nephew's xbox and it was horrendous. I was like a drunk person with the amount of over/under aim and my inability to line up person even when not moving was kinda pathetic. I can no longer aim well enough for online FPS on console so that's a significant genre of games that I just wouldn't be able to play.

GymWolf

Thanks for taking the time to answer. but soveirgn bullshit. They idea that a pc is as simple as a console is nonsense.
Not saying that playing on pc is wrong or hard, ur console is completely hassle free i comprisson.
Pc is more complicated and you have more things to think about before starting playing, yes.

But you talk like pc is some sort of aerospace shuttle...it is not, when you know the simplest things to do in every game it become pretty much hassle free.

And please, console have their problems and waste of time aswell.

Between crappy unreliable rest mode, the slow ass copy from disk, ps5 that can't even deal correctly if a game has both a ps5 and ps4 version and the console continue to try to download both version even if you are playing on a specific console, console breaking in mass like the rrod or the yellow light of death on ps3...
Console

And like i said, if a game has shitty performance or it is broken, your only chance on console is to wait for a patch that sony\m has to check first with longer release times, on pc you scale down a couple of settings and you can somehow fix performances, also patch on pc are faster usually, and let's not even talk about mods that straight up fix flaws and bad mechanics in some games.

And let's be honest here, console are not plug and play anymore since big day one patches and slow ass copying became a thing, if you think that at day one i need to wait to play on my pc more than what i wait on my ps5 you are severely wrong.
The only difference is that pc stay on all day because it serve many purposes so day one patches\game preload are already done in the background, and since rest mode is crap on ps5 and i don't like to keep a console always turned on it ends up with me waiting in front of the screen when patches get released or when i install something from the disc compared to pc where i only buy digital (because digital prices on pc are not a scam like on console during launch period).

Last edited:

GymWolf

Yeah, don't get me started on HDR. Since I have an 2070 Super I can't run 4k/120 and HDR. So I always have to switch to 1440p for 120hz and HDR, but then the interface in games isn't as sharp as it could be. Or I run 4k/60hz HDR, but than games running faster than 60fps isn't covered by freesync /gsync anymore.

For Screenshots you have to use the Xbox game bar, then it works like on console. But the game bar doesn't allow single hot keys, so in order to take a proper HDR screenshot you than have to press two buttons on the keyboard simultaneously.

Just read all of that again and don't think this isn't inconvenient... 😞
Can you explain this in a better way please? Can't you just lock the framerate 60 from the nvidia control panel or rtss so games can't surpass that limit?! Or maybe i don't understand the problem.

I'd love to know why developers continue to provide us with no options on console, despite having consoles that are basically PC's and are finally powerful enough to run a range of decent settings...

They even sold the consoles on the premise of having some options like VRR and 120 fps. They know people want options now. This idea thT console gamers don't want to have to worry about settings is an antiquated one.

"Having options is not what I want on a console". Simple solution- don't go into the options menu then since the default mode will already work just fine. Having the ability to change a few settings doesn't affect those of you who don't care about that and would make a huge difference to those that do. It's that simple.

Consoles are still treated like crap on multiple levels. Have to pay $60/year just to play online; Solution: for those that don't want your shitty "free ps plus monthly games" allow us to play the games we paid for online! Have to pay $10 more for the same games that are cheaper on PC. Solution: this one's self explanatory- why the fuck do we have to pay more in the first place?

Another recent trend that sucks for console but is good for PC: Cross Play: games are now starting to all be crossplay, however most of them have the DEFAULT setting as non-input based matchmaking. They may give us the option to turn cross play off but by having it on by default means most people will just accept it, thus making people who don't want to have to go up against m+k have significantly fewer people to play against on console than we ever did prior to Cross play.

Like in BF 2042 I can't find lobbies if I turn cross play off because they thought having the default setting of controllers playing against m+k was the way to go. It should be the opposite! Let people opt INTO non input based crossplay if they don't mind being at a severe disadvantage!

Not gonna happen with those insane prices. Got my Series S for 200 bucks and it plays anything. For 200 bucks i can only get a 8 year old Haswell i5 with 8GB and a 1030 that even struggles to play World of Warcraft or Fortnite.

Top Bottom