• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Resident Evil’ Series Canceled By Netflix After One Season

Skifi28

Mexican guys named Leon? 🤷‍♂️
sTAMLkj.jpg

skneogaf

I love resident evil but whatever that thing was supposed to be is not resident evil.

So many fans of resident evil stayed away and rightly so!

The only problem is netflix will think resident evil as a brand can't do good numbers but if done right I believe it will be a hit.

Last edited:

Fbh

Resident Evil : Cancelled after 1 season.
Cowbow Bebop: Cancelled after 1 season
Jupiter's Legacy: Cancelled after 1 season
Cursed: cancelled After 1 Season

It's sure going well with these crappy live action adaptations at Netflix.

I'm sure One Piece of all things will be different
Funny GIF

“All Hail the King”?

Considering Anderson’s films were just OC Mary Sue fan fiction for his girlfriend/eventual wife to play at the expense of all the actual RE characters as well as an infinite number of other moronic changes to the original material, hail it?

Office Space No GIF
Name a more successful and more fun series of video game movies. Let go of the lore and give in to the Alice.

tumblr_n4knu7OpCC1tx7h82o1_500.gif

d39e5x9-adacb295-f13b-4222-b103-07ed8a307c99.gif

Bernardougf

Gold Member
For the next time I suggest them that instead of focusing on listening what their diversity & woke propaganda team say, they could ifocus instead on making a faithful and respectful adaptation that matches the original vision of the IP and what the fans of that like and expect from it.
I bet that the writers never ever played a single game

I think it would been canceled regardless of its viewership.

My theory is that netflix, desperate for shows, rebadge some failed rejected script that nobody wanted with the RE branding because the franchise has better brand recognition.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Netflix studio heads: I think I've got it. It was black enough, but it wasn't gay enough. And next time, let's get Jada Pinkett Smith to play Albert Wesker, AFAB as Alex. Them nerds will love that we paid attention to the deep game lore.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It was just meh - not stupid enough to watch ironically like the movies, not serious or good enough to be a genuine worthwhile watch.

I can imagine the Netflix team telling themselves when they made this series:

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC
episode 11 le GIF

While the rest of us:

Fail Jalen Rose GIF by SHOWTIME Sports
sadly this will keep happening because
gordon ramsay shrimp GIF by Fox TV

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I don’t understand why it’s so difficult to make a decent Resident Evil movie or show.
That's because video games are tied to gaming. And gaming is always tied to being kiddie or cheesy in some way. It's not too often you'll get a video game adaption turned into something serious with top notch actors and directors.

At best, they are close to superhero TV shows and movies in their intentions (same ilk), but with much worse actors and budget.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Well, there you fucking go, Netflix.

Maybe next time you dozy cunts want to adapt an IP whose main audience is predominantly young dudes, you might want to think about making the adaptation for the same fucking people.

I'm trying to figure out which publication is going to be the first to blame this on misogyny, incels and racists. I want to say Buzzfeed.

Show looked god awful. Also the fact that netflix keeps cancelling shows before they reach a series finale just makes me not watch any netflix shows until there is in fact, a series finale. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on this either. I see a new Netflix exclusive series that even looks pretty good I don't check it out because who knows if it's ever going to reach a conclusion.

Stupid ass company needs completely new leadership.

fart town usa

Gold Member
It's so dumb, it's all right there in the first game.

You could have 3/4 of the season be a True Detective type mystery and then the last few episodes are the Mansion Incident, budget doesn't even need to be outrageously high. Mansion set design would be the most expensive part of production. Season 2 could be RE2/3.

People would go nuts, seeing the Bravo Team members and audiences becoming attached to them, seeing them die one by one would be so tragic. Keep people invested.

It's RE though so we're cursed to have shit adaptations.

Last edited:

Hari Seldon

Resident Evil : Cancelled after 1 season.
Cowbow Bebop: Cancelled after 1 season
Jupiter's Legacy: Cancelled after 1 season
Cursed: cancelled After 1 Season

It's sure going well with these crappy live action adaptations at Netflix.

I'm sure One Piece of all things will be different
Funny GIF
Sandman is fucking GREAT tho.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It's so dumb, it's all right there in the first game.

You could have 3/4 of the season be a True Detective type mystery and then the last few episodes are the Mansion Incident, budget doesn't even need to be outrageously high. Mansion set design would be the most expensive part of production. Season 2 could be RE2/3.

People would go nuts, seeing the Bravo Team members and audiences becoming attached to them, seeing them die one by one would be so tragic. Keep people invested.

It's RE though so we're cursed to have shit adaptations.
I agree.

The biggest budget for this kind of show (outside of employees) would be whatever it costs in CGI or costumes for zombies and monsters. The rest of the movie.... cast, clothes, setting etc.... are modern day normal stuff. You can save a lot of movie on settings and props being a show which would skew to dark settings, some shitty cabins, a creepy forest etc....

Top Bottom