• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Resident Evil’ Series Canceled By Netflix After One Season

amigastar

giphy.gif

Ragnarok

I don’t understand why it’s so difficult to make a decent Resident Evil movie or show.

This particular show was somehow the worst of them all though. The main characters were so unlikeable that i can only assume the writers were actively trying to piss off the viewers.

Not like there’s already a black female character in RE who is actually likeable yet underdeveloped , oh wait….

Also black washing Wesker was so dumb. Of all the characters to race swap, Wesker was the worst possible choice.

yurinka

For the next time I suggest them that instead of focusing on listening what their diversity & woke propaganda team say, they could ifocus instead on making a faithful and respectful adaptation that matches the original vision of the IP and what the fans of that like and expect from it.

taizuke

Expected.

I will say it had it's moments. Episode 4 in my opinion was the best one (though that's not saying much). It even had a John Wick moment and featured a villain with almost same amount of silliness as the games.

I give this show a "Some'ol bullshit" (Double Toasted rating) but I give a "fuck you" to whatever that Welcome To Racoon City movie was.

Fun fact the actress playing older Jade was in the Charlie's Angels reebot and is also the main protagonist in Forspoken.

Kev Kev

Much like the Cowboy Bebop live action, I just don’t know who the target audience was…?

It certainly wasn’t for the fans with all the insane changes and additions they made. Young men who don’t play video games? Mexican guys named Leon? 🤷‍♂️

Get someone in there who likes the source material and make it for the millions upon millions of fans who love the RE games and the story, and just make THAT. So ridiculous that such morons are allowed to fail over and over again when the answer is that fucking simple.

Last edited:
Top Bottom