• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild vs. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Votes: 442 58.3%
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Votes: 316 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inanilmaz

hollow-brainlet-wojak-mens-premium-t-shirt.jpg
Why do you post a picture of you where i shout in your head you dumbass 💀🤫

Wunray

Is this you acknowledging that BOTW needs all the help it can get against The Witcher 3?
Yes, it's a fucking masterpiece with the highest community goty win streak let alone critic streak too. I mean It did actually beat bloodborne after all on a, let's admit it, Sony leaning forum.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
For contests involving The Witcher 3, it has received votes in the amounts of 185, 209, 342 for an average of 245.
For contests involving Breath of the Wild (including this one), it has received votes in the amounts of 220, 205, 291, 436 (currently) for an average of 288. (Ignoring the current contest, its average is 239).

Last edited:
For contests involving The Witcher 3, it has received votes in the amounts of 185, 209, 342 for an average of 245.
For contests involving Breath of the Wild (including this one), it has received votes in the amounts of 220, 205, 291, 436 (currently) for an average of 288. (Ignoring the current contest, its average is 239).
It should be noted though that these contests have been longer.

JimboJones

I'm just celebrating a game I love by posting some cool clips I've made. Here's another...

I always played with DD, thought the constant marking people was a little tedious even if DD markers disappear eventually.
That's why I wasn't a big fan of the start of the game.

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
I always played with DD, thought the constant marking people was a little tedious even if DD markers disappear eventually.
That's why I wasn't a big fan of the start of the game.

If I'm playing with headphones I usually turn marking off. But when playing on the TV speakers I leave it on. DD was heavily used by me as well in the beginning. Kojima hyped him a lot! But I was using D-Walker the most lately.

Why not just start at night with your chosen camo?

I usually play the most from free roam, instead of going to the ACC after every mission I choose to stay in the field and simply call in the resources I need.

I didn't plan that video, since it turned out good I saved it and posted it. Could've probably cut it a bit better, but it is what it is...

Might as well drop another one, just for fun:

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
If I'm playing with headphones I usually turn marking off. But when playing on the TV speakers I leave it on. DD was heavily used by me as well in the beginning. Kojima hyped him a lot! But I was using D-Walker the most lately.

I usually play the most from free roam, instead of going to the ACC after every mission I choose to stay in the field and simply call in the resources I need.

I didn't plan that video, since it turned out good I saved it and posted it. Could've probably cut it a bit better, but it is what it is...

Might as well drop another one, just for fun:

These are fun to view. I've played that Tank Chapter more than any other mission in that game. It's a good one. Took me a while to get an "S".

The first update I'd make to this game, would be a "subsistence" setting for every mission.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Sekiro da real winner in my heart anyway so I should stop being so invested here but still fuck botw so overrated smh my damn head.
Same. Even though I've been a BB fan for years, Sekiro took that spot.

Maybe they would not have counted, but Diablo 3 and Guilty Gear Xrd never even showed up in the brackets, two more of my personal Games of the Generation.

BotW is solid but I'm not much of a Zelda fan. The overworld felt dangerous, and advantages felt appropriately scarce. I think something like Sheikah Slate Arrows (infinite but weak arrows) would've addressed the complaining about breakable weapons. In either case, the Zelda series finally stopped forcing hours of NPC interaction and puzzle-solving and simply let me loose on the map. It is the best 3D Zelda in the franchise, in my opinion.

Roni

Gold Member
These are fun to view. I've played that Tank Chapter more than any other mission in that game. It's a good one. Took me a while to get an "S".

The first update I'd make to this game, would be a "subsistence" setting for every mission.
Pitch Dark is very special to me, I had an almost religious experience while playing it for the first time, given how immersed I felt.

carlosrox

Banned
Easily BOTW. That game will be remembered decades later.

Yeah I'm surprised MGS has made it this far and has this many votes.

Isn't the game like famously unfinished?

Sutherland is hardly in it?

Isn't it offensively MTX laden?

I've heard a lot of good things about the gameplay but I've not heard nearly as many good things as I have about BOTW as a whole.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm surprised MGS has made it this far and has this many votes.

Isn't the game like famously unfinished?

Sutherland is hardly in it?

Isn't it offensively MTX laden?

I've heard a lot of good things about the gameplay but I've not heard nearly as many good things as I have about BOTW as a whole.

MGS V is one hell of an experience. Although it technically is unfinished, I would call it unpolished more than anything. It didn't need more stuff, it needed less. The story could have been told more concisely, it could have been less concerned with the overarching lore of the series, even the maps could have been smaller. But the gameplay is absolutely phenomenal, it still holds beautifully and it plays like an absolute dream. It's IMO a step below the clearly elite stuff like BOTW, TW3, Bloodborne, Mario Odyssey and so on. But it's a terrific game all the same and like every MGS before it, it just sticks with you.

You could say it was...

13to.gif

A DIAMOND IN THE RUFF

Pitch Dark is very special to me, I had an almost religious experience while playing it for the first time, given how immersed I felt.
I voted for BotW and that won't change and I gave you shit for a few of the videos of MGSV you posted, but your enthusiasm is making me want to reinstall MGSV and give it another shot. Gonna mod out all the bullshit though, hated those stupid timers and repeat missions.

One positive thing I'll say about MGSV is that the load times are super short and I can put it on an ol' HDD instead of trying to make room on my SSD's.

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
I voted for BotW and that won't change and I gave you shit for a few of the videos of MGSV you posted, but your enthusiasm is making me want to reinstall MGSV and give it another shot. Gonna mod out all the bullshit though, hated those stupid timers and repeat missions.

One positive thing I'll say about MGSV is that the load times are super short and I can put it on an ol' HDD instead of trying to make room on my SSD's.
Go for it! I'm sure you'll have a blast! I modded the game on PC as well, introduced the possibility of rain in Afghanistan, made it possible to drop weapons while on the field... Mostly quality of life stuff.

Top Bottom