• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YTD: PS5 14.5 m; NSW 9.91 m; X/S ~ 4.15 m

Crayon

I agree on the ps plus selection. When I look at that and gp side by side, it looks like a straight get what you pay for deal. The plus is cheaper but the gp has some newer games. In practice though, they both provide a huge scrolling wall of games. They look suspiciously like my steam library actually.... Anyway- Forbidden west, Returnal, etc are up on there. They are a few years old, sure. But good games are good games and it's not like everyone has played them.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Name a single zenimax game that "saved" them. Nothing they've released has in any way shifted the needle.

They will lose money on the ABK deal. That's a guarantee.
Can you imagine if they had not put Bethesda games on Gamepass in 2020? Since then there has been some E3 with more Bethesda games than Xbox ones. I would think that from a PR perspective they relied heavily on them and Starfield was the perfect example of what I mean by that. This is what I mean by being saved by Bethesda. As for ABK, i they put all the games on Gamepass that they can, then yes they will loose money. But they could make it stay profitable if they wanted to. Not my fault that they have money to loose in their quest for domination.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
See what makes a great console and do that.

I dunno why but I always gravitate towards the least popular console each gen. Dreamcast. OG Xbox. N64. WiiU. GameCube. XB1. Series X. I can’t help it. I love an underdog.

Whoa whoa! OG Xbox was fire.

Tsaki

You can give it fifty years if you’d like. Sounds so absurd and detached from how the market and these devices work, how revenue and profit is generated, that one has to wonder why do you even bother?

It’s never happening.
Sony and Nintendo would never allow them of their own, unless Microsoft alters GamePass in a way where it makes business sense for them (remove 3rd party games from it would be primary). I think what the poster is getting at is that the governments will force Playstation and Nintendo to open their hardware so Microsoft will be able to freely set up shop in every PS4, PS5, Switch, Switch 2 there is without having to take permission. And it could definitely happen. If they throw enough billions in politicians hands it's only a matter of time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom