• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YTD (Feb): PS5 1.88 m; NSW 1.25 m; X/S 0.55 m

Sony allows Ubisoft+ and EA Play on their platform. I think that the precedence is there for them to allow Game Pass as well, but only in the event that Microsoft goes full third party.
Only if it's in Sony's (perceived or otherwise) interest to do it. If Microsoft say it must be done with an Xbox login then Sony might tell them to get stuffed.

Feels like those acquisitions by Microsoft suddenly make a lot more sense now. If this is part of some trend they saw coming then they used those purchases to try to stem the flow. Or at least make it so that they'd be an unstoppable third party publisher on consoles.

Akuji

Still way better for xbox then it feels.
Feels like a 10 to 1 split.

I have a feeling this will only get worse for xbox.
Hope they correct their course or go away and get replaced by some other entity to provide competition.
A 1 to 10 market with most of the xbox people also having a playstation anyway is not healthy competition and
for europe ( where i am from ) we get to that point pretty soon i would guess.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
The third party stuff is huge. When I got an Xbox it was partially because of Gears and Mass Effect. If it was just Gears I'm not sure I would have done it. Then Tales of Vesperia came out and I also loved it. I have no idea why they stopped money hatting 3rd party stuff it was working.
Because that only gets you so far, especially when a lot of their good fortunes against PS3 were in the beginning. The tide was turning by 2010 and they had begun to inject Xbox with Kinect.

It got much harder to moneyhat against the PS4 because, despite the love of money, pubs aren’t trying to ignore a much larger audience and hurt their franchises.

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Top Bottom