• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Personal Game of the Summer

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I'd vote BFME2 if not for the irritatingly uber-efficent AI in skirmish mode, and my lack of confidence in playing online matches.

Right now though I'd hand it to Dead Rising. Lots of silly quirks that pay off tremendously with an EXTREME amount of patience and forgiveness. It's the game I hate to love sometimes...but I think I really do love.

brandonh83 said:
I am wondering why I see a Moogle in some of those shots though.

Those are people's XBL pics that are attached to their gamertags....they're like avatars. Your teammates pics along with their squad number are displayed at the bottom of your screen and the green rectangle beside them will light up when they talk.

No moogles in Chromehounds.

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Those are people's XBL pics that are attached to their gamertags....they're like avatars. Your teammates pics along with their squad number are displayed at the bottom of your screen and the green rectangle beside them will light up when they talk.

No moogles in Chromehounds.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I just didn't know that there were avatars of Moogles, but I guess that happened when FFXI was released on 360.

I didn't buy any games this summer but I'll just go with what I'm currently playing (and loving) for the first time:

0004549673182_215X215.jpg

2D Zelda's own. :D

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Tekken Dark Resurrection for PSP. Great graphics, fast load times, tons of unlockables, my personal game of the summer.

Cdammen

muttyeah416 said:
probably NSMB

but i am just completely obsessed with Pheonix WRitgh lately, oh man i lovethat gamne
Posting from the NDS Opera Browser? ;)

New Super Mario Bros. and Phoenix Wright (haven't completed the utmost last trial and it's FREAKING SWEET!!!) for me this summer. And a heap of PC games, I just recently bought Unreal Tournament 2004. ONSLAUGHT!!! :headbang

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hmm, difficult to say.

My favorite might actually be Loco Roco, actually. For some reason, I really really enjoyed playing through it. I would also put Goku makaimura, Prey, and Okami up there.

Dead Rising might still end up as a top contender, but for every bit of fun I have with it, there is frustration on another end. The design just doesn't work well for me, though I'm starting to have some success finally (killed off a number of bosses last night).

Valkyrie Profile 2 was also pretty good.

It's been a pretty good summer overall, though I've been disappointed with the lack of 360 software (basically Prey and Dead Rising for me).

Ryuukan

I'll have to second Super Robot Taisen Original Generation

I needed a break from traditional fantasy rpgs/srpgs

lyre

Error2k4 said:
59215_1.jpg

the live metal system rocks, game looks beautiful on the ds and although I gotta admit no ranking system is :( the Technical Level Finish system is awesome. I still havent finished it tho

Here here. When Sept 12 arrives, this will be mine. But until then and after I beat this sucker, it'll be all Megaman Zero series. Pure awesome and ownage.

Nothing worth while was released this summer, not here in Europe at least. Cause were still waiting for Dead Rising damnit. I dont understand wtf is wrong with the people responsible for this. I mean, my holiday is now, I gotta return to my studies in september.

Anyway, my game of choice this summer is World of Warcraft, just like the summer before it.

Eric P

i'm currently playing syphon filter: dm pretty much exclusively right now.

nearly perfect action game for me.

Symytry

yudaan said:
Here here. When Sept 12 arrives, this will be mine. But until then and after I beat this sucker, it'll be all Megaman Zero series. Pure awesome and ownage.

I also just finished off the last of the Zero games in anticipation of ZX. I played the import shortly after beating Zero 4, and hot damn. I could never go back to play a Zero game again I think...

Rythm tengoku, NSMB and...psychonauts (I know it's old but i hadn't got the time to play it before)
Maybe a little bit of guitar hero sometimes :)
I also bought the american version of Wario ware twisted (can't wait no more for european version) but i've nearly finished it.

yonder

I always play a good JRPG every summer. This year I chose Dragon Quest VIII. It was a good choice. :) I also played NSMB, Final Fantasy I and Phoenix Wright, but DQ8 still takes the prize. There's just something about summer and RPGs...

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
150 hours in Chromehounds now. :(

And I see no prospect of curbing this habit.

Even with Dead Rising out, the online community is still incredibly strong. I can find a 1v1 game or a free battle game ANY time of the day.

hyp

dead rising takes the cake for me. i think it's truly hard to understand where inafune was going with this until the 2nd or 3rd playthrough. its brilliance shines and the "ah-hah!" moment is inevitable. unfortunately, first impressions are probably what kept this game from being a 9/10.

all of the game design decisions make sense now, including the "horrid" save system that everyone and their dog bags on. i even enjoyed the story surprisingly, the endings are so ****ed up. :lol if you need some stress and tension in your life, dead rising is just the game for you. it redefines "survival" in the survival horror genre.

i think second would be rhythm tengoku. i'd explain why, but you really just have to play it to understand.

Definitly most played in my summer hols: Socom Fireteam Bravo.

But Tekken DR is actually the most impressive and fun game I played this summer it's just that FTB is more addicting thanks to its online mode, if only Tekken DR had that :''''(.

Electrii

<======= !!!

I'm baffled by the people saying BFME2, it's such a generic RTS game. a polished one, sure, but it's still just a regular RTS game hiding behind the LOTR license.

shpankey

not an idiot
even though i've only gotten to play the demo so far (a lot though :lol ) it's easily Dead Rising for me. i only await the full version still b/c of a gamefly.com screwup on their end. :(

p.s. those Chromehounds pics above look absolutely incredible. wow. so i'll throw in my pgr3 pics i took earlier to balance the thread some. :)

pgr3_00s.jpg

pgr3_01s.jpg

pgr3_02s.jpg

Top Bottom