• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the ultimate slice of space life game available currently.

StueyDuck

I have always been a Sci-fi guy and not a fantasy guy, a true space game has always been a dream for me.

So after seeing SQ42 and SC updates and expecting to play them 4 or 5 years from now ( I am being facetious but also kind of serious). I keep finding myself in search of that ultimate space sim, the one that provides decent space exploration and fun/interesting discoveries on land and in space that makes you truly feel like someone who is a navigator/survivor on the final frontier.

With Starfield doing a piss poor job at actual space exploration, KSP2 floundering it's launch and seemingly never being fixed, No Mans Sky providing a restrictive repetitive loop with a lot of handholding, what game currently out there provides the best space simulation/exploration for the player?

for me personally the sort of space game i am talking about provides the player with more than just one singular thing like just piloting a ship or just managing a colony/fleet, instead it marries all these into a singular package and allows some sort of player choice, the checkboxes that i would personally use involve some sort of on-foot and ship traversal, planetary exploration, mysteries and the over all unknown of space being chaseable. A good sense of Zero-G, survival in harsh environment of space, resource management and oxygen management and so on.

Personally very few games tick these boxes and are fun, i find that most are on the smaller scale of things, here are some games I would put on the list:
-Outer Wilds
-Space Engineers
-KSP1
-Spore (which could of been amazing if they put more than 2 minutes of work into the galactic conquest mode)
-NMS (as mention prior, i find it very restrictive but striving for the type of game i am looking for)
-Pulsar: lost colony

what do you think provides the player with the ultimate space experience in gaming? is this secretly me looking for more space exploration games to play? absolutely

(can we also talk about how much of a Fuckup KSP2 remains)
kgLudwo.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom