• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox's Aaron Greenberg: "We have a lot planned to show for 2023, you will not have to wait too long for what’s next for us. Timing is key."

Barakov

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articl...y-exciting-year-to-come-in-2023/1100-6509916/

Aaron says timing is key, but what better timing than at the end of a year with no major releases to reassure your fans and to create hype and momentum going into 2023?

If Nadella and Phil are smart, they will have something ready before the end of the year to give a taste of what's to come. They can't leave 2022 without at least some CG trailers and some promises going into next year.

Now the question is, is Aaron telling the truth of Microsoft having a "lot" to show? I ask because why would there not be a conference then if the first part of this "a lot" we won't have to wait "too long" for?

i feel like there needs to be a staff shakeup sometimes.

Xbox has become very good at disappointing people. Not as good as Nintendo but they're getting there.

DaGwaphics

I think they are trying to establish a pattern where they quit talking about things too early. Only way you can do that is to plug the leaks and STFU, no other way to accomplish that. LOL

They already have a lot on the table for 2023 just from what has already been announced. If they announce even one more release for the back half, 4 releases would be a solid year and hit the numbers they've been talking about. We should start to get a look at the first half of 2024 by the summer event.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

I can't believe we're about to hit 2023 and Microsoft are still telling us that the games are coming. They are still the exact same as they were in 2017, only they bought like 30 studios since then. Nothing else has changed though.

Starfield, Redfall and Forza are already announced for 2023. How many first-party games do you figure they are going to release in 2023? What does Sony's 2023 look like so far?

XXL

Can we atleast get a fucking release date for something? This shit is getting ridiculous. I'm still mindblown they didn't show anything last night.

fermcr

Talk... talk... talk... and a lot a BS. That's Microsoft!

WHERE ARE THE GAMES, MICROSOFT ???

jerry-maguire-show-me-the-money.gif

KXVXII9X

At this point with Microsoft promising each year that it will be the year for Xbox and never fully delivering, I think the best time is sooner than later.

Constantly teasing stuff and not delivering is not only tiring, but poor PR. Don't just talk without action. CG trailers aren't good enough. We still have very little info about Fable, Everwild, and Avowed, (S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 I can understand).

I do think 2023 will be a much better year just due to how subpar thos one was for Xbox and how many games are being pushed to 2023.

Danknugz

also it would be nice to see them put actual effort into these non-achievements gamepass retro classics like quake2 and 3, instead of seemingly downloading them off abandonia.com, using winrar to repackage, change a few time stamps and calling it a day.

Last edited:

Hot5pur

Microsoft has a really hard time delivering compared to Sony.
I say that as someone who dislikes Sony's approach to games nowadays in that they try to pepper them with emotional walking simulator segments that appeal mostly to fanboys.
As a gaming company M$ relies too heavily on gamepass, which is basically a good way to create a lot of value for the customer, but it doesn't have to do much with gaming.
I know Gamepass is allowing certain games that would have otherwise not been made, but how much of that is happening, and what if they used those resources elsewhere. Whimsical indie titles are good and all, but I'd much prefer AAA bangers.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Aaron, super job as per usual. I'm glad you got a promotion and not a cannon to be fired out of.

If Xbox Division was serious about having constant stream of releases, they should start with that clown.

They haven't had a truly great 1st party exclusive outside of Forza and maybe Flight Simulator for... I dunno, at least 10 years? ... more? Maybe Gears of War 3 12 years ago?

"Timing is key" is just embarrassing to read when put in that context. Figure your shit out, MS. People are done fucking waiting. It's ridiculous at this point.

Last edited:

coffinbirth

"Timing is Key"

A good time would've been last night during the most watched fucking thing in your industry you goddamned bozo. It was basically wall to wall paid advertisements for your competition. I understand not showing your hand and all that, but you guys had fucking NOTHING.

nothing-doing.gif

You couldn't even muster one gameplay trailer. Pathetic.

Not warring, just truly disappointed.

mortal

Gold Member
Aaron Greenberg: "We have a lot planned to show for 2023, you will not have to wait too long for what’s next for us. Timing is key."
Man, I sure as hell hope so.

Xbox's absence very apparent at the VGAs yesterday, with respect to awards and announcements.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Fucking hell just shove a pie in your stupid mouth and actually deliver some games please. I beg. MS just need to shut the fuck up and release acclaimed games. Not just 1 or 2 and then wait for a year. Just release consistently good games without 18 month gaps you nob heads.

Last edited:
People as a whole have bad memories and, just as much, have very little foresight. The general population only cares about the present and immediate past.

A lot of people switched to PS4 from 360 for the same reasons so unless things aren't dramatically better in a few years I can see the same happening.
well i think the fact that everyone's 360 got the RROD, probably helped

zzill3

Banned
Fucking hell just shove a pie in your stupid mouth and actually deliver some games please. I beg. MS just need to shut the fuck up and release acclaimed games. Not just 1 or 2 and then wait for a year. Just release consistently good games without 18 month gaps you nob heads.

That is what they’ve done, though?

Metacritic scores for games this year has xbox with 4 90+ games and 23 80-90 games, while PS has 3 90+ games and 29 80-90 games.

People keep praising Playstation and criticising MS output but they’re really not that far apart, even in what is widely seen as one of xbox worst years ever.

Metacritic scores for games this year has xbox with 4 90+ games and 23 80-90 games, while PS has 3 90+ games and 29 80-90 games.

People keep praising Playstation and criticising MS output but they’re really not that far apart, even in what is widely seen as one of xbox worst years ever.
You don't get it .

GHG

This is why we are where we are I guess.

You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Klosshufvud

MS needed to dramatically restructure its own organization years ago. I am really sceptical of Greenberg and especially Booty. Sony and Nintendo could never have afforded or even tolerated the blunders of MS' Studios management.

Top Bottom