• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox's Aaron Greenberg: "We have a lot planned to show for 2023, you will not have to wait too long for what’s next for us. Timing is key."

Useless PR to keep people from jumping ship. I don't doubt they have showcases but they've been living on promises for too long.
u think ppl are going to "jump ship" because Xbox didn't have any world premiers on an internet awards show? Ahh yes, let me toss out my console that gives me access to like 800 games, and has backwards compatibility, who just bought Bethesda and Activision.

Unknown?

u think ppl are going to "jump ship" because Xbox didn't have any world premiers on an internet awards show? Ahh yes, let me toss out my console that gives me access to like 800 games, and has backwards compatibility, who just bought Bethesda and Activision.
People as a whole have bad memories and, just as much, have very little foresight. The general population only cares about the present and immediate past.

A lot of people switched to PS4 from 360 for the same reasons so unless things aren't dramatically better in a few years I can see the same happening.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Aaron!

dwight schrute fire drill GIF

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Show all your games with everyone else and get lost in the ocean, show them on their own and then stand out for possibly shitty games.

It's a smart choice.

The media cycle is super fast these days, we won't even remember the coolest games from the TGA in a day or two.

jaysius

Banned
Soon!

It's happening for sure!

Have some patience guys!

Timing is key!

We have amazing things in store for you!

Definitely showing some games for sure at some point probably maybe!

Can't say what or when, but we totally have stuff for you!

Subscribe to GamePass!
3 years for roughly $80 CND with that gold conversion trick, you can't beat it.

feynoob

Show all your games with everyone else and get lost in the ocean, show them on their own and then stand out for possibly shitty games.

It's a smart choice.

The media cycle is super fast these days, we won't even remember the coolest games from the TGA in a day or two.
Those fkers only care about E3 sadly.

It will be too long vaccum, until next E3.

Wish they did events like Sony. Would have been much better, than the shit they are doing now.

'timing is always key'...

where would we be without the wit, the wisdom, the remarkable insight, &, most of all, the reassuring warmth that is aaron greenberg?...

Pop

What he means is, just wait till Microsoft takes over Acti/Blizz...

Microsoft PR has been on repeat for at least 8 years now

It’s the same shit every time they open their mouths though. It’s always next year and that is ultimately what pushed me to PlayStation a few months back. I want to play now, not in years to come.

I also don’t give a fuck about Hello Neighbour or any of that other trash tier Twitch shite for kids. Where is Fable, Avowed and Perfect Dark? You know, the games that people actually want…

It’s the same shit every time they open their mouths though. It’s always next year and that is ultimately what pushed me to PlayStation a few months back. I want to play now, not in years to come.

I also don’t give a fuck about Hello Neighbour or any of that other trash tier Twitch shite for kids. Where is Fable, Avowed and Perfect Dark? You know, the games that people actually want…
Evil Sony is casting a spell against Xbox internal development teams

I'm pretty sure I saw a brief clip of The Last Night in that posted video. Is that confirmation the game finally has an expected release date?

Last edited:
Was anyone really expecting big news or some surprise announcement like a game releasing next month? I mean, are we that offended that there were no major announcements at the game awards? I suspect most people were completely oblivious to this bit of news, including myself, up until this thread. Be right back... I gotta voice my concern over this brand new riveting information lol.

Microsoft does this every year, always say games are coming must be 10 yrs in a row now and still mediocre. When are xbox fans gonna start demanding and stop falling for it

To be fair to Xbox fans, they can't possibly wait much longer anymore because the games delayed to early 2023 were already delayed, and I doubt Microsoft is going to delay those delays again with another delay.

Maybe.

So Xbox fans will finally get something early next year, they're waiting has paid off.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You know what to do MS. Release Starfield now on early access. You love them early access games that get counted as new releases 2 years later, so do it, do it!!!

Last edited:

Flabagast

Promises, always empty promises and nothing to show for it.

I swear Xbox guys have said the exact same thing every fucking year for the last 10 years. It must be so mentally exhausting to be a Xbox fanboy.

Chukhopops

What a terrible sizzle reel. The marketing team over at Xbox are trash tier. Persona 3 portable and Hello Neighbor 2 are supposed to get me excited about what they have in store? It’s never been easier to pass on GamePass…
You really have no idea how popular Hello Neighbor is do you?
Was anyone really expecting big news or some surprise announcement like a game releasing next month? I mean, are we that offended that there were no major announcements at the game awards? I suspect most people were completely oblivious to this bit of news, including myself, up until this thread. Be right back... I gotta voice my concern over this brand new riveting information lol.
It’s funny because Sony skipped all major gaming events recently from Gamescom to TGS.

Now MS doesn’t show anything new in an event drowning in multiplats and everyone is selling their Xbox… again.

Transparent.

vj27

Banned
Nah they could’ve showed it off. I’m seeing people say “they can’t show starfield or redfall because the ftc is focusing on those titles in their lawsuit.” Even though the cma literally just went out their way to say (ftc made these claims off talks with MS and the cma) that was all false. I can see them months prior to the TGA’s being like oh we should probably hold off with our exclusive games since these organizations are shitting on us for making exclusive games.

I can buy that, doesn’t dampen my disappointment but it makes sense. They really just needa pull a Nintendo or Sony state of play and just announce a date for showing off these 2023 games that we’ve barely seen anything of.

Cuz this isn’t a wait till e3 moment like some gaf’rs are saying it is. We literally know the launch window of these games, think we’re all collectively dumbstruck that they ain’t show shit so far when they LITERALLY HAVE THE GAMES TO SHOW lol.

kiphalfton

Well we already know some games that are coming, hopefully we'll get more at E3:
Starfield
Redfall
Minecraft Legends
Forza Motorsport
Ghostwire
ARA history untold
Age of empires 4

Even if we only get hellblade in the second half it would be a good year.

delusions-preston-teagardin.gif

Top Bottom