• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox's Aaron Greenberg: "We have a lot planned to show for 2023, you will not have to wait too long for what’s next for us. Timing is key."

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articl...y-exciting-year-to-come-in-2023/1100-6509916/
The Game Awards came and went with little to no major updates from Microsoft and Xbox. Fans raised their concerns, and Xbox marketing executive Aaron Greenberg reacted to the feedback by assuring people that Xbox has an "incredibly exciting" year to come in 2023.

Why not tease or show these games during The Game Awards? "Timing is always key," Greenberg said, suggesting Microsoft is holding back announcements for a later, more strategic date. "But don't worry, you will not have to wait too long for what's next from us."

Aaron says timing is key, but what better timing than at the end of a year with no major releases to reassure your fans and to create hype and momentum going into 2023?

If Nadella and Phil are smart, they will have something ready before the end of the year to give a taste of what's to come. They can't leave 2022 without at least some CG trailers and some promises going into next year.

Now the question is, is Aaron telling the truth of Microsoft having a "lot" to show? I ask because why would there not be a conference then if the first part of this "a lot" we won't have to wait "too long" for?

i feel like there needs to be a staff shakeup sometimes.

reinking

Gold Member
https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articl...y-exciting-year-to-come-in-2023/1100-6509916/

Aaron says timing is key, but what better timing than at the end of a year with no major releases to reassure your fans and to create hype and momentum going into 2023?

If Nadella and Phil are smart, they will have something ready before the end of the year to give a taste of what's to come. They can't leave 2022 without at least some CG trailers and some promises going into next year.

Now the question is, is Aaron telling the truth of Microsoft having a "lot" to show? I ask because why would there not be a conference then if the first part of this "a lot" we won't have to wait "too long" for?

i feel like there needs to be a staff shakeup sometimes.

I think he means they will have a lot to show when the ABK deal goes through. Other than that, same old same old.

feynoob

Banned
The Princess Bride Boo GIF by filmeditor

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
blah blah blah.

How do they not show up with anything for the game awards? Im glad that Xbox twitter has finally turned on them. They watch Sony games win award after award and still show up with two exclusives. Like wtf are their studios doing? Where the fuck is hellblade?

LordCBH

I just want to see Fable and Avowed. I will buy a fucking Xbox for those if they look as good as I hope so I can play them from my easy chair in the living room.

Kacho

God I hate whoever runs that Game Pass account on Twitter. lol

I think we've reached the end of the line with these excuses, greeny. "Wait and see guys. The games are coming!" ain't gonna cut it anymore.

Furthermore, the games you show have to be good. People are hungry for some proper AAAs.

samoilaaa

blah blah blah.

How do they not show up with anything for the game awards? Im glad that Xbox twitter has finally turned on them. They watch Sony games win award after award and still show up with two exclusives. Like wtf are their studios doing? Where the fuck is hellblade?
obsidian keep saying soon when people ask about avowed , its been 2 years since that teaser ( not even a full trailer ) , thats fucking bullshit

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I personally wouldn't waste announcements at the cringe awards either. A movie star studded environment favors AAA cinematic game advertising featuring famous actors. It's clearly got an audience, but it doesn't really cater to Xbox's strengths, or Nintendo's frankly, or most AA / indie games.

Last edited:
I was too busy looking for my name during all the Steam Deck giveaway countdowns. But I have a memory of Phil Spencer sitting down during that entire 3-hour ordeal.
So Microsoft was there in a hopeful hey were still relevant way.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I personally wouldn't waste announcements at the cringe awards either. A movie star studded environment favors AAA cinematic game advertising featuring famous actors. It's clearly got an audience, but it doesn't really cater to Xbox's strengths, or Nintendo's frankly, or most AA / indie games.
Yeah, why would you waste an announcement on a show that's watch by millions and millions of gamers around the world with all eyes front and center?

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
So it was a good time to show another Gamepass ad and not a good time to show games?

Nonsense. There was no better time than yesterday. Shut the fuck up and start delivering.

PuffyCan

Well we already know some games that are coming, hopefully we'll get more at E3:
Starfield
Redfall
Minecraft Legends
Forza Motorsport
Ghostwire
ARA history untold
Age of empires 4

Even if we only get hellblade in the second half it would be a good year.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Maybe because they aren't at every show? They showed off a lot at E3 this year. Where was Sony at E3? MS has shown 4 games for 2023. Sony has shown 1, which is Spider-Man 2. And that was absent last night.
Then why bring Phil over? I mean if he would be there just like that, why not, but he was announced by Keighley or whatever his name is

NickFire

I'm gonna pretend to be a leaker today, and you can all totally rely on me.

They are holding off until the Super bowl halftime show because MS paid off NFL. Rihanna is out of the show. Instead, Phil will be playing all of the 2023 titles on his phone, using GP of course. Then he's gonna sing an acapela version of Pon de Replay, and a guy dressed as Master Chief will drive him back the locker room in an Xbox branded golf cart (available now for $7999.00 with 1 month of GP included).

Top Bottom