• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox will bring Game Pass streaming to TVs ‘in the next year’, it’s claimed (VGC)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Unexpected U Turn Makes A Mess GIF by ViralHog

Your logic just made a u turn bro.

I think my posts have been pretty straight forward and easy to comprehend that I couldn't care care less about billion dollar corporation finances, nor do I concern over them as such:

For the consumer, not for the companies.

Don't know where you're trying to pivot it but that's about the extent of my replies to that subject.

If I could stream the digital games I own I'd buy an XPuck to take with me when I travel.

A cheap, portable Xcloud device would make for a good companion piece during travel, aye.

You can believe whatever you want, most of the things you are saying don't make any sense, I won't go any further with this unproductive discussion.

I'm glad you edited out the portion about GamePass being behind Sony's similar service, because we all know that only happened once Sony merged its two subscription services, the direct competitor PS Now is woefully behind with only 3.2 million reported subscribers as of last year.

Last edited:
I'm glad you edited out the portion about GamePass being behind Sony's similar service, because we all know that only happened once Sony merged its two subscription services, the direct competitor PS Now is woefully behind with only 3.2 million reported subscribers as of last year.
You are in my ignore list so I'm lucky I saw this, you just keep lying, you can't help yourself. it's still in my post, I didn't edit it out. It's just the reality of things, why would I edit it out? PS+ was always a more popular gaming subscription service even before it was merged with PSNow (PSNow barely added to PS+ numbers).

I edit most of my posts so that I make things clear in an attempt to avoid people that go out of their way to misinterpret things.

Last edited:

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
...Both offer the same thing.
Not really. they offere kind of similar thing but not a all the same thing.

A service or a software, which you as a customer use their games on.
You use the word software to refer to the digital store?

Even that is not really the same thing.

Without steam or xcloud software, you wont be able to access it.
Your still need A hardware tho. And
steam ≠ Xcloud. At all.

Without your system, they wont be able to connect with you.
This is weirdly phrase.

The product is the after thought.
Maybe for Xcloud. Not for Steam.

Unlimited, as in there is too much potential to reach wider audience. Only thing that holds them down, is their support for these regions. Everyone in the world has a tv. That is the untapped market.
That not the definition of unlimited. You should have said what you said after:

More potential to reach a wider audience..

And even reaching the whole world the growth ain't gonna be exponential at all.

kingfey

Banned
It's funny, that all they had to do was to spend a massive amount of money and now before anything actually came out of it it's already seen as such a massive success.
How do you invest in without spending money?
MS had plenty of time, to use their gainst spending, yet they didnt. Its why xbox was always behind. It didnt have MS big support like it does now. Its something, which they should have done a long time.

The Xbox One actually sold really well for a while before it lost it's pace, it is still to soon to say that the Series S/X will improve that much over what the Xbox One was able to do.
The sales of xbox one means nothing. Xbox had bigger issues. Xbox one was shit console, which was weaker than ps4. It was also expensive. Xbox also lacked the studios, which were meant to develop 1st games for the console.
The lack of investment on 1st party, basically killed xbox one.
Xsx on other hand is different. 23 studios, with potentially 30 in the future means, that more 1st party studios will develop games for the console. That is what MS should have done for xbox one. Not that tv crap.

amepass is still behind both Sony's and Nintendo's gaming subscription services by a good margin.
This is idiotic statement. Gamepass =/= online subscription like ps+ or nintendo online. That is just fanboy narrative to make gamepass weak. If you want to compare it something, compare it to EA play, Uplay, or Psnow. Those are gamepass like subscription.

Every MS game has being releasing on PC for much longer than 4 years now (their PC store is still pretty much irrelevant on the PC space to the point where they had to start releasing their games on Steam and giving Valve a cut of every sale).
Windows store is shit on PC period. Plus steam is the most popular PC platform. MS putting their games there, means that they will attract more gamers. How is that a bad thing?

xCloud has been release already for some time and it's hardly made any waves.
10m people played the beta. That is more than what PSnow managed to get in 8 years.
I understand you want to undermine these success, but none of these metric are bad. Xcloud is in beta. Its not its own seperate service yet. and the moment they made it, it crushed xbox network infrastructure, which explains why xbox is having outage these 2 days.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
You are in my ignore list so I'm lucky I saw this, you just keep lying, you can't help yourself. it's still in my post, I didn't edit it out. It's just the reality of things, why would I edit it out?

I edited my post because it's really hard to argue with someone that makes no sense talking as if server infrastructure is all that matters in the gaming market. Absolute nonsense.

Ah you edited it in the middle of more stuff so it's easier to not read, doesn't make it any less wrong though.

Also you shouldn't be able to see my post if I'm on your ignore. Not sure how you're getting around that :messenger_tears_of_joy:

This is idiotic statement. Gamepass =/= online subscription like ps+ or nintendo online. That is just fanboy narrative to make gamepass weak. If you want to compare it something, compare it to EA play, Uplay, or Psnow. Those are gamepass like subscription.

Yep. Game Pass is an analog to PS Now. That specific comparison is 25m vs 3.2m.

PS+ is an analog to Live Gold. That's 40 something million on PS+ and I can't find any last reported Live Gold numbers, just Live.

Last edited:
This is my last reply to you, as I would rather do anything else with my time.

Talk about wanting to control the narrative, you ignore every other gaming subscription service just to make Gamepass more successful than it actually is. Do you realize that the lack of value provided by PS+ just make Gamepass look even less successful in comparison? If online requirement matters that much why didn't MS stick to Live Gold? They sacrificed Live Gold and made all this effort for an extra $5?

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Not really. they offere kind of similar thing but not a all the same thing.
Samething. Only the games and how you acquire them are different.

You use the word software to refer to the digital store?

Even that is not really the same thing.
Software as in Steam and xloud app. You need to download those 2, to access what they offer first.

Your still need A hardware tho. And
steam ≠ Xcloud. At all.
You own the hardware. Steam and xcloud dont require you to buy their product. You as the user owns these product. Your device is the medium.

Maybe for Xcloud. Not for Steam.
Its for both. You will have to get steam/xcloud to access those product. Without them, you cant access them, hence why its after though. After you get them, is where the similarity ends.
But the process is still the same. Download/access the software which is called steam/xcloud.

That not the definition of unlimited. You should have said what you said after:

More potential to reach a wider audience..

And even reaching the whole world the growth ain't gonna be exponential at all.
That is what unlimited means. There is no limit to how much you can reach. As long as people have phone, PC, tablet, Tv , these systems wont be slowed down.

CS Lurker

Cloud gaming is amazing. It's incredible how low latency it is. GeForce Now with 75Mb bitrate has a pretty good image quality.

Let's fucking go, Microsoft. I just love gamepass + xcloud.

kingfey

Banned
Talk about wanting to control the narrative, you ignore every other gaming subscription service just to make Gamepass more successful than it actually is.
Gamepass isnt an ONLINE SERVICE. Users are required to use that service, to use online mode. Please learn that 1st.

Do you realize that the lack of value provided by PS+ just make Gamepass look even less successful in comparison?
PS+/Xlive gold/Nintendo online are basically online subscription mode, which YOU as a user of these consoles, have to get, in order to use the online components. Nobody cares about the games they offer, because people dont buy them for these games. Without them, you cant access any online function.

Gamepass/psnow/EAplay/Uplay are gaming subscription, which offers alot of games for a set of price. You as a consumer have the option to subscribe to these services. No one is forcing you to subscribe them.

2 entire services. Anyone that mixes them, is just using it for fanboy wars. That doesnt work in real life.

If online requirement matters that much why didn't MS stick to Live Gold?
Do you see how dumb you are getting from posting this? Live gold is still exist. Its not going anywhere. I have to pay for live gold, If I want to play COD online matches. That the ps+ of Xbox. Please dont embarrass yourself more.

They sacrificed Live Gold and made all this effort for an extra $5?
Are people this dumb?

If you have normal gamepass, you are still required to pay for xbox live gold. Gamepass ultimate is for those gamepass users, who dont want to pay xbox live gold separately. If you dont own gamepass, you are still required to pay for xbox live gold.

Please research more, before you post dumb stuff.

kingfey

Banned
Yep. Game Pass is an analog to PS Now. That specific comparison is 25m vs 3.2m.

PS+ is an analog to Live Gold. That's 40 something million on PS+ and I can't find any last reported Live Gold numbers, just Live.

That is always been the case. People started this narrative, once Spartacus was announced.

Everyone was comparing psnow to gamepass, and ps+ to xbox live gold.

Sadly, once Spartacus announcement was real, certain people started to run this narrative on twitter. and now we have people here, who are using these narrative.

Lognor

Banned
Years back, Sony got rid of PS Now functionality from TVs (even their own Bravias), now MS is trying to get it in TVs with Xbox. Interesting.
Sony had ps now on tvs? I don't know that many ppl knew that. Lol. I'm sure ms will do a much better job of marketing this

If you have normal gamepass, you are still required to pay for xbox live gold. Gamepass ultimate is for those gamepass users, who dont want to pay xbox live gold separately. If you dont own gamepass, you are still required to pay for xbox live gold.

Please research more, before you post dumb stuff.
You are the one who needs to do research. Gamepass ultimate already includes Live Gold. Why would anyone buy Live Gold instead of Ultimate if Gamepass is this great service and the difference is like $5? Isn't Gamepass worth $5 to all these alleged millions and millions that have just Gold?

There is a massive overlap in users from both services and it's the reason why MS doesn't even bother to make any effort with the Games with Gold thing.

It's pretty obvious why MS hasn't made the Live Gold number of subscribers public for years and years now. What would you be saying about PSNow if Sony was hiding the numbers? That it was a wild success? Come on... who are you trying to fool?

Last edited:

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
Samething. Only the games and how you acquire them are different.
Same thing means with no difference. And there is a substantial difference between Xcloud and Steam Beyond just 'acquisition of games'

Software as in Steam and xloud app. You need to download those 2, to access what they offer first.
I think you are confusing Xcloud with Game Pass.

You own the hardware. Steam and xcloud dont require you to buy their product. You as the user owns these product. Your device is the medium.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Its for both. You will have to get steam/xcloud to access those product. Without them, you cant access them, hence why its after though. After you get them, is where the similarity ends.
But the process is still the same. Download/access the software which is called steam/xcloud.
James Franco Reaction GIF

Just DROP the valve/steam analogy ain't working.
That is what unlimited means. There is no limit to how much you can reach.
As long as people have phone, PC, tablet, Tv , these systems wont be slowed down.
Unlimited means literally With no Limits. There is a term called:

Market Saturation.

Bro...what are you smoking?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Good for you man, I'm glad you enjoy gaming over the cloud so much. No need to call me a fanboy just because I don't like cloud or think it will be successful, Sony has a cloud service too since 2014, nobody ever cared about it, as nobody cared for Stadia and as nobody will care for xCloud most likely (the service has already being launched for a while I am yet to meet a single person that is interested in it).

Sony's cloud service is trash. That's why nobody cared. Just like how nobody cares about the Vita but 3DS and Nintendo Switch is so successful.

Sony's cloud service is trash. That's why nobody cared. Just like how nobody cares about the Vita but 3DS and Nintendo Switch is so successful.
xCloud is trash too (hardly any different from PSNow, just look at any comparison made recently) and nobody seems to care as well.

I'm the one people call a fanboy but PSNow is and always was trash but xCloud is somehow great... hum... very suspicious.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
You are the one who needs to do research Gamepass ultimate already includes Live Gold. Why would anyone buy Live Gold instead of Ultimate if Gamepass is this great service and the difference is like $5? There is a massive overlap in users from both service and it's the reason why MS doesn't even bother to make any effort with the Games with Gold thing.
Being included doesnt mean the service doesnt exist. Its an option for gamepass users, who are using normal gamepass.

There are 3 gamepass tier.
1st tier is gamepass xbox, which doesnt have xbox love gold.
2nd tier is gamepass pc, which is only exclusive to PC.
3rd tier which is gamepass ultimate. It combines xbox live gold, which normal gamepass users pay for, and adds gamepass pc, gamepass xbox, ea play pc, and ea play xbox.

MS isnt canceling people's xbox live gold. Its just upgrading existing normal gamepass users to 3rd tier gamepass ultimate.

If you arent gamepass user, you are paying for xbox live gold. If you arent gamepass ultimate user, you are still paying for xbox live gold.

That is basic news, which you can find it using internet.

The core feature for all Game Pass subscriptions is access to tons of games at one monthly price. While subscribed, you can download and play games from a list of over 100 fantastic titles on your PC or Xbox console (depending on the subscription). For the standard Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass, that’s exactly what you’re paying for: access to this library.
However, there is one key feature missing that most console gamers will need: Xbox Live Gold. This is required to play games online with your friends. This subscription alone costs $9.99 a month. Granted, you no longer need Xbox Live Gold to play free-to-play games online, which includes heavy-hitters like PUBG, Fortnite, and Halo: Infinite.

kingfey

Banned
xCloud is trash too (hardly any different from PSNow, just look at any comparison made recently) and nobody seems to care as well.

I'm the one people call a fanboy but PSNow is and always was trash but xCloud is somehow great... hum... very suspicious.
You are calling it a trash, because people call psnow a trash? Can you make a sense of your logic?

People like xcloud, because they can access it using browser, phone or tablet. Psnow cant do these now. Its why people like xcloud.

Being included doesnt mean the service doesnt exist. Its an option for gamepass users, who are using normal gamepass.

There are 3 gamepass tier.
1st tier is gamepass xbox, which doesnt have xbox love gold.
2nd tier is gamepass pc, which is only exclusive to PC.
3rd tier which is gamepass ultimate. It combines xbox live gold, which normal gamepass users pay for, and adds gamepass pc, gamepass xbox, ea play pc, and ea play xbox.

MS isnt canceling people's xbox live gold. Its just upgrading existing normal gamepass users to 3rd tier gamepass ultimate.

If you arent gamepass user, you are paying for xbox live gold. If you arent gamepass ultimate user, you are still paying for xbox live gold.

That is basic news, which you can find it using internet.

The core feature for all Game Pass subscriptions is access to tons of games at one monthly price. While subscribed, you can download and play games from a list of over 100 fantastic titles on your PC or Xbox console (depending on the subscription). For the standard Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass, that’s exactly what you’re paying for: access to this library.
However, there is one key feature missing that most console gamers will need: Xbox Live Gold. This is required to play games online with your friends. This subscription alone costs $9.99 a month. Granted, you no longer need Xbox Live Gold to play free-to-play games online, which includes heavy-hitters like PUBG, Fortnite, and Halo: Infinite.
Man I don't know what your problem is but your posts don't seem to make any sense, it's like you are just talking to yourself or something, repeating the same thing again and again as if we all didn't already know all of it. There is nothing complex about how Gamepass or Gold works.

MS hides the number of Xbox Gold subscribers, you can be like you and assume that it's a massively successful service like PS+ for no reason or you can be like me and assume they hide the numbers because if made public it would just be embarrassing. MS spends years and years pushing for people to move from Gold to Gamepass, offering 1$ deals and everything yet you think. Gold is pretty much irrelevant at this point, they'll kill it anyway now.

You are calling it a trash, because people call psnow a trash? Can you make a sense of your logic?

People like xcloud, because they can access it using browser, phone or tablet. Psnow cant do these now. Its why people like xcloud.
It's trash like any other cloud service, it's very comparable to PSNow.

I'm wonder how do you know why people like xCloud? I'm also wondering if people like xCloud and if they do why is it still so unsuccessful?

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
I think you are confusing Xcloud with Game Pass.
Xcloud is using gamepass games, which MS agreed with devs. It doesnt have majority of gamepass games, due to licenses.

Unlimited means literally With no Limits. There is a term called:

Market Saturation.

Bro...what are you smoking?
What do you think the limit for xcloud is? Having access to what it supports is limitless.
Those TVs, tablets, PC and phones exist in the wild. That is limitless access, until xcloud reaches that saturation level. Until then, it has limitless access.

Xcloud doesnt exist everywhere now. People havent even tapped to the service.

ArtHands

Nope, XCloud certainly isn't trash at all, unlike PSNow. For one, XCloud is available on significantly more devices, supported in more countries, better games and better value. PS Now is a stillborn.

Nope, XCloud certainly isn't trash at all, unlike PSNow. For one, XCloud is available on significantly more devices, supported in more countries, better games and better value. PS Now is a stillborn.
I think it's trash, you think it isn't. Cool. I don't see how one could be trash and the other could be great while both are so similar.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Man I don't know what your problem is but your posts don't seem to make any sense, it's like you are just talking to yourself or something, repeating the same thing again and again as if we all didn't already know all of it. There is nothing complex about how Gamepass or Gold works.
Because you dont understand shit. I explained this to you in easy way. Gamepass isnt xbox live gold. Its a separate users, which users have the option to subscribe to it. How more clear can this get?

MS hides the number of Xbox Gold subscribers, you can be like you and assume that it's a massively successful service like PS+ for no reason or you can be like me and assume they hide the numbers because if made public it would just be embarrassing.
This is just console war argument. No one cares about MS xbox live gold numbers. What matters is that Both Ps+ and xbox live gold being mandatory for online service. Any user from these 2 consoles will have to get these services, if they want to play online mode. You cant play call of duty or fifa online without these 2 services.
Please understand that.

MS spends years and years pushing for people to move from Gold to Gamepass, offering 1$ deals and everything yet you think. Gold is pretty much irrelevant at this point, they'll kill it anyway now.
Am I talking to a wall here?

Dude, didnt I just explain this to you now? You are not forced to get gamepass. people who get gamepass, will have to pay for xbox live gold, if they are using the basic gamepass. Gamepass ultimate is for those who use gamepass, and pay for xbox live gold. It has nothing to do with regular xbox live gold users. These people pay for that service, because they have no choice, if they want to play online mode.

Because you dont understand shit. I explained this to you in easy way. Gamepass isnt xbox live gold. Its a separate users, which users have the option to subscribe to it. How more clear can this get?
To make it clear, please tell me the number of Gold subscribers that I'm not taking into account when comparing Sony's gaming subscription numbers to MS game subscription numbers.

Do you think that Gamepass isn't worth it to many people that have Gold? What does that say about Gamepass and how atractive it is if people on Xbox won't bother paying for the 1$ conversion or paying the extra for Ultimate?

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
He wont understand this point at all. He is hell bent on his point.

Ask MS for those numbers. I am not their CEO.
I see, that's how it is then. Suddenly you don't know what you are talking about anymore? But you were so sure of yourself. I somehow am a fanboy because I'm not taking Gold into account but you don't actually know how relevant it is but wants impose that I should be thinking highly of how relevant it is?

I'm not the one spin things here to make Gamepass look bad, you are the one trying to spin things to make it look good.

Last edited:

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
Xcloud is using gamepass games, which MS agreed with devs. It doesnt have majority of gamepass games, due to licenses.
Yep...Steam ≠ Xcloud at all.

What do you think the limit for xcloud is? Having access to what it supports is limitless.
No.
Those TVs, tablets, PC and phones exist in the wild. That is limitless access, until xcloud reaches that saturation level. Until then, it has limitless access.
The word you a trying to use is:
"Potential market'.
Xcloud doesnt exist everywhere now. People havent even tapped to the service.
Even if it would. Xcloud's reach is not unlimited.

kingfey

Banned
I see, that's how it is then. Suddenly you don't know what you are talking about anymore? I somehow am a fanboy because I'm not taking Gold into account but you don't know how relevant it actually is but wants impose that I should be thinking highly of how relevant it is.

I'm not the one spin things here to make Gamepass look bad, you are the one trying to spin things to make it look good.
for fuck sake, are you this much ignorant?

Gold is equal to PS+ and Nintendo plus, because they basically do the same fucking function. How hard is that for you to understand it? They are forced subscription, which you have to get it, if you want online play. Its that fucking simple.

Gamepass is not a forced subscription. You arent required to get it, in order to play online games. Its a choice.

Choice=/=forced.

please learn that.

No one is trying to make gamepass look good here. Its just that, you are comparing it to a service, that doesnt do the same thing it does. Just because you want to tout about numbers. Which us regular gamers, dont give a crap.

ArtHands

I think it's trash, you think it isn't. Cool. I don't see how one could be trash and the other could be great while both are so similar.

I have already laid down various facts here. Since you're going to ignore facts, then your opinion is invalid.

Last edited:
for fuck sake, are you this much ignorant?

Gold is equal to PS+ and Nintendo plus, because they basically do the same fucking function. How hard is that for you to understand it? They are forced subscription, which you have to get it, if you want online play. Its that fucking simple.

Gamepass is not a forced subscription. You arent required to get it, in order to play online games. Its a choice.

Choice=/=forced.

please learn that.

No one is trying to make gamepass look good here. Its just that, you are comparing it to a service, that doesnt do the same thing it does. Just because you want to tout about numbers. Which us regular gamers, dont give a crap.
They are all gaming subscriptions, that's what I said to begging with. You are the one trying to make specific distinctions because my statement bothered you so much. Deal with it, show me where is the lie in my initial statement (there isn't one).

PS+ is not a forced subscription, you only pay it if you want (you don't even need it to play the most popular multiplayer games like Warzone and Fortnite). The last time we got Gold numbers years ago you still needed Gold to play F2P games something that was never necessary on PS, MS just recently dropped such requirement. It's pretty resonable and fait to assumet that those Gold numbers have tanked since then with their focus changing to Gamepass and with it not being required for F2P games anymore, that is exactly why they don't make the numbers public anymore (when previously it was pretty much their main metric of success for their platform).

For the last time, it's not my fault MS hides the number of Gold subscribers, go complain to them.

I have already laid down various facts here. Since you're going to ignore facts, then your opinion is invalid.
You honestly think that your opinion that PSNow is trash and xCloud is great is a fact? Lmao. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
They are all gaming subscriptions, that's what I said to begging with. You are the one trying to make specific distinctions because my statement bothered you so much. Deal with it, show me where is the lie on my initial statement, there isn't one.
Forcing users to pay for online mode, only benefits the console owners. Console players dont have a choice like PC players. They are forced to pay for this service. That is what online subscription means. They arent earned users. The number would favor the console, which has the most online games. Since that means more people paying for online service.

Gamepass, psnow, ea play, uplay are all a choice subscription, which the user has the ability to subscribe to them, without facing any consequences. This is earned users. The service owners work hard, to attract those customers. If people dont like your service, they can leave, which means you are losing users, and you cant penalize them.

For the last time, it's not my fault MS hides the number of Gold subscribers, go complain to them.
This your arguments means nothing. What you are essentially comparing is forced users vs earned users. They wont yield the same numbers.

Its why people compare ps+, xbox live gold and nintendo because of what they do.

Anyone who is comparing these services to other service, is arguing in a bad faith.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
It's just my opinion. Do you think that them having to make the service available for free helps your point?

Plenty of people like you were absolutely sure about Stadia and it couldn't have flopped harder.
Not too many people were bullish on Stadia on this forum that I could remember. In fact, it was quite the opposite.

kingfey

Banned
Not too many people were bullish on Stadia on this forum that I could remember. In fact, it was quite the opposite.
Stadia was DOA, during that conference presentation.
YouTube was full of people, shitting on stadia.

Last edited:

ArtHands

They are all gaming subscriptions, that's what I said to begging with. You are the one trying to make specific distinctions because my statement bothered you so much. Deal with it, show me where is the lie in my initial statement (there isn't one).

PS+ is not a forced subscription, you only pay it if you want (you don't even need it to play the most popular multiplayer games like Warzone and Fortnite). The last time we got Gold numbers years ago you still needed Gold to play F2P games something that was never necessary on PS, MS just recently dropped such requirement. It's pretty resonable and fait to assumet that those Gold numbers have tanked since then with their focus changing to Gamepass and with it not being required for F2P games anymore, that is exactly why they don't make the numbers public anymore (when previously it was pretty much their main metric of success for their platform).

You honestly think that your opinion that PSNow is trash and xCloud is great is a fact? Lmao. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

I have solid facts to back up my opinion. Unlike you.

I am certainly not shock to see him trying to twist the narrative to suit his argument.

Last edited:
I'll take your word for it... "cloud is the future" people were hyping up Stadia all over the internet, then just like every other cloud service it gets released and no one cares.

We'll see ourselves in the same place two years from now saying how no one ever actually hyped xCloud or some other excuse. All this untapped market of people that are just waiting for cloud gaming to be just right to finally start playing traditional console games will die of old age by the time we run out of excuses.

This your arguments means nothing. What you are essentially comparing is forced users vs earned users. They wont yield the same numbers.

maybeeeee-try.gif

Sony and their unearned users... so unfair.

Last edited:
Also, consoles are very expensive. I had to work myself overtime for 2 months, just so I can get $300 ps4 for my little brother. We had to share that console, until I got a job, which paid me $16 an hour.

Not everyone has the money to afford console's.

TBF if you can afford a $1000 4K TV, or a high-end smartphone on a subscription plan, you can probably afford a console.

Especially in MS's case with the All-Access plan they offer, let alone other retailers who offer similar plans for all systems to qualifying customers (as long as your credit isn't shot to shit, you'll qualify).

kingfey

Banned
TBF if you can afford a $1000 4K TV, or a high-end smartphone on a subscription plan, you can probably afford a console.

Especially in MS's case with the All-Access plan they offer, let alone other retailers who offer similar plans for all systems to qualifying customers (as long as your credit isn't shot to shit, you'll qualify).
Tvs here is cheap. Only those higher classes pick 4k.
55inch TV is like $300 here.

Not a proper 4k tv like those true 4k TV, which cost alot.

Ozriel

M$FT
PS Now had this in 2014, I doubt that people will bother buying a gamepad to play over the cloud.

Cloud gaming is not being held back by technology at this point, there just no demand for it (as already proven by multiple failed services).

Makes as much sense as saying that nobody wants to play games on mobile phones since the Sony Xperia Play failed in 2011.

Tech and average internet speeds are in a different space than they were in 2014. It’s all about execution

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Sony had ps now on tvs? I don't know that many ppl knew that. Lol. I'm sure ms will do a much better job of marketing this
Sony ditched PS Now in A/V equipment two months after GP launched.

Sony to discontinue 'PS Now' & 'PS Video' apps on most devices​

16 Feb 2017

Sony scales back​

Sony is scaling back its video and game streaming ambitions to focus on only a few select devices. This will surely come as a disappointment to users who are using a Smart TV to stream games from the PlayStation Now service.

On August 15, 2017, Sony will remove the PlayStation Now app from the following devices:
  • PlayStation 3
  • PlayStation Vita and PlayStation TV
  • All 2013, 2014, 2015 Sony Bravia TV models
  • All Sony Blu-ray player models
  • All Samsung TV models
  • All 2016 Sony Bravia TV models (on April 1, 2017)

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
PS Now had this in 2014, I doubt that people will bother buying a gamepad to play over the cloud.

Cloud gaming is not being held back by technology at this point, there just no demand for it (as already proven by multiple failed services).
Big difference, PS Now didn't do any numbers since its launch. I think it was a few million? Like 3 million subs?
When gamepass was at like 20 Mill?

Now with free to play games like fortnite the reach is massive.

Something like that.

The good news for Sony is all this hard work MS is doing will ultimately help sonys streaming when it launches in June. Fans are going to subscribe just to support sonys version of game pass.

Ozriel

M$FT
It's funny, that all they had to do was to spend a massive amount of money and now before anything actually came out of it it's already seen as such a massive success. Same goes for xCloud, it doesn't actually need to achieve anything it's already a massive success by default just because they own Azure or something... complete nonsense.

The Xbox One actually sold really well for a while before it lost it's pace, it is still too soon to say that the Series S/X will improve that much over what the Xbox One was able to do. Gamepass is still behind both Sony's and Nintendo's gaming subscription services by a good margin. Every MS game has been releasing on PC for much longer than 4 years now (their PC store is still pretty much irrelevant on the PC space to the point where they had to start releasing their games on Steam and giving Valve a cut of every sale). xCloud has been release already for some time and it's hardly made any waves.

You can believe whatever you want, most of the things you are saying don't make any sense, I won't go any further with this unproductive discussion.

I actually lost it at your claim that it’s ‘too soon’ to say Xbox is in a much better place this gen 😂

Can’t also see the sense in comparing Gamepass to PLayStation Plus.

xCloud has been release already for some time and it's hardly made any waves.

As a beta, and part of Gamepass Ultimate. And now they’re set to ramp up marketing, starting with the free Fortnite and next with the streaming puck and TV apps.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Big difference, PS Now didn't do any numbers since its launch. I think it was a few million? Like 3 million subs?
When gamepass was at like 20 Mill?

Now with free to play games like fortnite the reach is massive.

Something like that.

The good news for Sony is all this hard work MS is doing will ultimately help sonys streaming when it launches in June. Fans are going to subscribe just to support sonys version of game pass.
Agreed.

Google says PS Now was 3.2M in May 2021 (the last time Sony stated it). So maybe right now it's around 4M. It cant be that high or else Sony would be promoting giant numbers. The service was launched in 2014. So in 8 years, it's done around 4M across a giant user base of 100M+ PS consoles + PC access as PS Now is playable on PC.

Xbox with half the installed based as PS and the service coming out in 2017 has 25M as of Jan 2022 (so right now maybe it's at 26-27M).

I can see why Sony ditch PS Now on other devices in 2017. At end of 2018 it was at 700,000 according to this article. So in 2017, their sub count was probably only 500,000 (which makes sense due to the 40% growth rate). Incredible. In 4 years, they only had a sub count of 700,000.

Last edited:

ArtHands

Well, thing is your opinion is invalid now, considering you're ignoring facts that they are not similar. Too bad.

MonarchJT

Banned
It's just my opinion. Do you think that them having to make the service available for free helps your point?

Plenty of people like you were absolutely sure about Stadia and it couldn't have flopped harder.
Sony were with no new games and released the service that was working so so in selected few countries ...stadia although excellent in terms of tech it had an unreasonable price practitioner you had to buy the games. Microsoft is well positioned at the tech level ... and has an infinitely higher number of servers than psnow ... it does not have the limitations of presence in selected countries like the Sony experiment and unlike stadia and psnow it has games at launch and gamepass and now also free famous games that do not need a subscription to access it. Do you think it is the same situation?

Last edited:

Fredrik

I know you want to channel your inner fanboy with that highlights, but understand this. MS would not give a shit if they sell xbox or not.

They are doing their games day1 on pc. They have gamepass pc day1 for all their games.

As for me, All I care about is playing video games. And if Xcloud allows me to play it for $15 a month, then I will gladly pay for it. I will not be restrained by a console anymore.
Feels like I’ve gone through a time-machine. I see nothing here that hasn’t already been said or done before.
Seriously, what’s new here?

The service with the best streaming, reach, consistency and easy of use was Stadia, a service people laughed at and never used.
Forgive me for not being hyped about something worse 3 years later.

Problem with Xbox Cloud is the streaming quality and server infrastructure. They need to fix that first or people’s first experience will be bad, like it has been for me. And it’s not that easy to fix.

Microsoft may solve the games library issue Stadia had but it doesn’t matter if the server infrastructure and streaming tech isn’t up to the standard we’re expecting. Sony tried that approach with PS Now many years ago, how did that go?

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I have a feeling Xbox games will go streaming via subscription only without any digital/physical download in the future.

Last edited:

reksveks

I have a feeling Xbox games will go streaming via subscription only without any digital/physical download in the future.
I have a feeling that they won't.

Can link Spencer talking about the continued need for local gaming solutions. It also doesn't really fly for pc gamers, you would be taking the cost of HW for very little up-side.

Last edited:
Top Bottom