• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Unit Sales Down YOY - Only 36 Million Xbox's Sold

Gamernyc78

Banned
Inferred no one ever lol since Sony jumped in the online cloud movement before most others with gakai and onlive acquisition.

This shit right here is some next fanboy level of insight 😂🤣🤣🤣.

I'm done.
This whole conversation is irrelevant.

-said no Sony Fanboy ever

But honestly it's true. Fact of the matter is, Microsoft, Google and potentially Amazon is changing the entire landscape of gaming. They aren't flipping the narrative or moving the goal posts like Sony. They are strapping a nuke to the field and hitting the giant red "RESET" button. There is a paradigm shift coming in gaming. Microsoft saw it early on and are touting numbers in terms of users for a reason. Those who think it's because their sales are lower than Sony's...that's a very small part of it. They are preparing themselves for the likes of Amazon and Google, who are much bigger threats than Sony, not in terms of sales or anything trivial like that. Google is trying to get to the aforementioned red "RESET" button first. All 3 of these companies are working on cloud services for their games. Sony is going to either have to align with one of them or get left in the dust. The best they have is Gaikai right now for PSNow. They are going to be 3 years late to the party for backwards compatibility. Them sticking to their guns while everybody else is evolving is not going to be a good thing for them. I'm sure they'll make their money, but when the Playstation is the only real thing they got going for them...it just doesn't seem smart to not keep up.

You guys can rest on your laurels if you want, but if you're a real fan of Sony, you need to be more forward thinking and stop reveling in stats that won't matter in a couple of years.

Inferred no one ever lol since Sony jumped in the online cloud movement before most others with gakai and onlive acquisition.

I'm done.

Ar¢tos

Yes but we know at least up till only a couple months ago the total NPD sales. But this same source has been inconsistent multiple times which was my point. There's nothing new here to suddenly think this is reliable.

Yes, it does. Because you are thinking fanboy wars you aren't interested in the other aspects of the competition selling well. This isn't about the PS4.

A decade ago was 2008. Don't make random crap up. It wasn't until 2012 one could actually argue Halo/Gears/Forza and in 2017 the 360 got replaces by a new consoles with several games that were not that. It's nothing buy system wars myths. The Halo/Gears/Forza nonsense is completely fabricated, also did people forget that people were saying the PS4 has no games earlier this gen? They said that because the Xbox One didn't only have the "same franchises" guy. If you want to troll there's the remains of gamestop system wars, not very active though.
I wasn't even thinking of the PS4. I was thinking of the games!
I'm sure xbox is super profitable as it is already.
We are not shareholders of these companies why should we care for the EXACT number of consoles sold? How is that going to magically and instantly translate into more and better games?

This idea that the best selling console is the best overall is completely silly. Did you know that the Toyota Corolla is the best selling car on the market? Are we all going to really believe it's because it's the best car, overall, because it sells the most? The Xbox may never be the #1 selling console of a generation, but that doesn't mean it doesn't represent the best overall features and hardware like the Scorpio does. Playstation will always hold WW nostalgia due to it's greedy 3rd party stranglehold beginnings against Nintendo. Xbox will remain the Bugatti of gaming hardware. Let Sony have their Toyota.

Three

This idea that the best selling console is the best overall is completely silly. Did you know that the Toyota Corolla is the best selling car on the market? Are we all going to really believe it's because it's the best car, overall, because it sells the most? The Xbox may never be the #1 selling console of a generation, but that doesn't mean it doesn't represent the best overall features and hardware like the Scorpio does. Playstation will always hold WW nostalgia due to it's greedy 3rd party stranglehold beginnings against Nintendo. Xbox will remain the Bugatti of gaming hardware. Let Sony have their Toyota.

:messenger_tears_of_joy: Car analogies, the thread is complete. Sure I guess that would work if most countries didn't let you drive on their road in your 'Bugatti'. The console is about content and Xbox is lacking there in comparison and featurewise it has nothing in comparison. Xbox may have partial BC but Playstation has VR. Also I'm not sure where you are getting 'greedy 3rd party stranglehold beginnings' from. They dominated because they made a cheaper alternative to cartridges with more storage. MS may be the one doing it next with cheap cloud storage and a lower game cut .

TLZ

Banned
Xbox Bugatti and PS Toyota? You're confusing Sony with Nintendo.

You're making thelastword look like a saint :messenger_smirking:

Thiagosc777

I made myself very clear to you already around 2 weeks ago:

Was incorrect because the app existed way before and had uses before Play anywhere existed. Solitaire was one such example.

No, you didn't. You keep repeating this, but you don't say what it means and just complains when others infer the meaning. How does it relate to the total number of active users on Xbox Live?

The only logical conclusion from what you wrote, is that you believe apps such as Solitaire are inflating Xbox Live numbers.

Three

No, you didn't. You keep repeating this, but you don't say what it means and just complains when others infer the meaning. How does it relate to the total number of active users on Xbox Live?

The only logical conclusion from what you wrote, is that you believe apps such as Solitaire are inflating Xbox Live numbers.

If you think that is the only logical conclusion then more power to you.

How it relates to the numbers is that windows 10 is counted and there are other reasons beyond those who play their console games on windows. How that 'artificially inflates' the monthly active users is neither implied or supplied by MS.

Fact is you thought that windows 10 isn't counted because if it was it would be 500M. It is counted and it isn't 500M. What it contributes to the MAU only MS knows and I made no suggestion as to what it contributes.

Fact is you thought there is no reason for a windows 10 user to log in if they are not xbox console users or playanywhere players. There are plenty.

That's it, that's all that was corrected and that's the end of the conversation because I'm not sure where you keep trying to lead it.

Last edited:
So that 36 mill figure not budging and I've seen it for 2 yrs now..hmmmmmm ?! 🤔 hmm, lol

Another 4chan bum trying tooo hard at this point, and it appears clearly how bad he failed and what he's trying to accomplish here.

Last edited:

Thiagosc777

If you think that is the only logical conclusion then more power to you.

How it relates to the numbers is that windows 10 is counted and there are other reasons beyond those who play their console games on windows. How that 'artificially inflates' the monthly active users is neither implied or supplied by MS.

Fact is you thought that windows 10 isn't counted because if it was it would be 500M. It is counted and it isn't 500M. What it contributes to the MAU only MS knows and I made no suggestion as to what it contributes.

Fact is you thought there is no reason for a windows 10 user to log in if they are not xbox console users or playanywhere players. There are plenty.

That's it, that's all that was corrected and that's the end of the conversation because I'm not sure where you keep trying to lead it.

Right there! I got you to admit to your delusions! You did suggest it contributes, something you have denied so far.

So you are saying MS is "faking" numbers of Xbox Live active users by adding random users of Windows apps to the total. Thus me referencing your "playing Solitaire" comments. Yet, you don't even consider 360 users at all in your fanboy "math"

A much simpler and easier explanation (Google Occam's razor) is that the total number of Xbox Live users is in its majority X1 and 360 players with a smaller number of PC players of Play Anywhere titles and mobile. We know they are a minority because some time ago some dev said 90% of the people who played Forza Horizon 3 did so on the X1, despite it being available on the PC at launch.

Now you have concocted this convoluted explanation involving Windows apps in an attempt to insinuate the numbers are fake. Get over it.

Well said..Sony might be in charge keeping Toyota brand this gen, but come nxt gen, Dat Buggtti 2 tho..can you imagine salt panic fest and hate that will cause. Plus if it launches earlier than Sony, ohh. ma. gawd. Suicides across the world.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
It is all hindsight. They were first to the market, they have the data and foundation with it, thus they can expand when the time is right as the tech matures.

It is also an optional service, and one would be foolish to put all their eggs in the all streaming basket. They already offer downloadable games for the PS4 as well for those who want native gaming.

I think it is premature to write it off, because 2 other's are finally getting into that foray and of course going to PR the shit out of it right now.
As it stands now, PS Now is already substandard when it comes to the competition. XCloud releases in beta next year. Gaiki isn't up to snuff. Sure Sony can try and upgrade, but by time they feel the need to, they'll be surpassed and playing catch up to Microsoft, Amazon and Google. Not to mention that Sony can't really afford to go ham on cloud streaming the likes of the rest of the competition.

Sony did well this gen, no denying that. But while they've been making sure their SP titles are on point, they've been lagging behind where the rest of the industry is going. They may have started the game streaming deal this gen, but its a sub standard service. Microsoft alone has the ability to come out smashing from the gate - and probably will.

Three

Right there! I got you to admit to your delusions! You did suggest it contributes, something you have denied so far.

Yes because obviously "plenty of reasons" (gears tactics, age of empires, solitaire, sudoku etc) is the same as "plenty of people who outnumber xbox one and 360".

Your logical reasoning is top notch. Have you considered applying to mensa? The only fanboy math is yours.

Last edited:
"JPR Reports contain “reviews” of various products and information. The content of these Reports represent the interpretation and analysis of statistics and information that are either generally available to the public or released by entities or individuals deemed responsible. The information in the Reports is believed to be reliable but is not guaranteed as to its accuracy or completeness."

Hmmmmmmm

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
All they need is no censorship and to get on the good graces of the Japanese devs Sony is treating like shit and they will have more exclusives. (and no more cancelling games ok?)

You guys have no idea what the gaming market actually cares about lol. I swear I feel like a dad and some of you are like 8-year children with no understanding or context of how the gaming industry works.

Thiagosc777

Yes because obviously "plenty of reasons" (gears tactics, age of empires, solitaire, sudoku etc) is the same as "plenty of people who outnumber xbox one and 360".

Ok, dude. Then stop making vague insinuations and give specifics. Based on what you posted, you sound like a fanboy trying to find excuses for MS high number of active users. You are trying to invent reasons for it to be "fake".

iconmaster

Banned
The information in the Reports is believed to be reliable but is not guaranteed as to its accuracy or completeness."

Hmmmmmmm

That doesn't mean anything, it's just a legal disclaimer.

I'm still seeing a lot of people misunderstanding the data ("Sony hasn't claimed 99 million yet") or simply refusing to believe it. But I haven't seen a single report to the contrary.

Out of genuine curiosity: what evidence is there that Xbox One has broken 36 million in sales? Please, point me to it. If you can find evidence of that (and not an outsider's guesstimate), I'll consider this data debunked.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Well said..Sony might be in charge keeping Toyota brand this gen, but come nxt gen, Dat Buggtti 2 tho..can you imagine salt panic fest and hate that will cause. Plus if it launches earlier than Sony, ohh. ma. gawd. Suicides across the world.

Yup just like xbox 360 releasing earlier and cheaper than ps3 yet when ps3 released it was dominating globally almost every month at an extra 200 plus price tag. Eventually we all know even with decent exclusives like Halo, cheaper console, better online and cheaper price point Sony still caught up and was outselling it worldwide upon release :)

The salt will be epic indeed :)

Sony just announced 86 million, so not sure where this guy has pulled 99 from lol.

Xbox One has hit 40 by now. It seems people seem to have an issue with it hitting 40 for some reason, not sure why, it's not a high number. It's been "around 35 million" for like 2 years now if you believe forum chatter lol. It's like those EA numbers from last year that were debunked by Zhuge quick smart but still get referred to on places like Twitter to this very day.

Xbox hate has grown so strong on the internet that people are upset it's selling poorly. They want it not selling at all.

Some have spun so hard they act as if the amount sold outside of the US was like 15.

To be fair though it's not selling poorly, it's still kind of in line with the 360 at this point for now. So it still selling well just not as well as the PS4.

You guys arguing back and forth are missing the point here. MS know they've clearly lost this gen. They've been eyeing next gen and planning for it hard I bet. All these acquisitions, strategy changes etc, they're all for next gen (Not just plans to release the next box and that's it). I don't know why you're even bothering with numbers like 36 or 40 or 45 like it makes any difference now. Have 50. They're still way behind and makes no difference. Just ride this one out and eye what they're doing for the next big one.

If after all they're doing now for next gen they still f up, then let's talk.

Sales of Xbox consoles are important for many reasons. The issue is you and some others who have said "sales don't matter" are only thinking about console wars. Which isn't how business works. Xbox selling over 40 million and establishing great software sales will be important for them to have a good platform "next gen" as it is now it seems like you're saying they shouldn't do anything since they lost, which would lead to zero momentum going into the next console.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
You guys have no idea what the gaming market actually cares about lol. I swear I feel like a dad and some of you are like 8-year children with no understanding or context of how the gaming industry works.
You tell me how treating other devs like shit cost Nintendo 3rd party support for almost 20 years didn't hurt it while the PS brand grew then. Or how badly MS performed by having mainly western 3rd party support then.

Jigsaah

Gold Member

I'm done.

I'm done.

Who gives a shit if they did it first? Again, the question is what do they do now? They don't have a cloud. Answer the question. What do they do now?

Nobody can seem to answer this...I'm apparently the fanboy just because I'm talking common sense with the evidence we have right now. While you refer to a failed service as being an indication that they are automatically ready for the next generation when streaming is going to be paramount even though they don't have the infrastructure to compete.

If I'm wrong...show me the evidence.

Last edited:
Yup just like xbox 360 releasing earlier and cheaper than ps3 yet when ps3 released it was dominating globally almost every month at an extra 200 plus price tag. Eventually we all know even with decent exclusives like Halo, cheaper console, better online and cheaper price point Sony still caught up and was outselling it worldwide upon release :)

The salt will be epic indeed :)

Actually the PS3 the first few years was outselling the 360 but by such a small margin it was easily recovered with Halo 3 year in 2007. Then after 2008 PS3 started picking up hard. Kinect saved the 360 though.

At the moment we don't know how much either sold but the 360 was a bit ahead the last official numbers. What's funny is people are using sources that used to be frowned upon saying the PS3 won because of impatience. I'm sure we will get real first-party or legitimate 3rd-party sources on sales soon as both are discontinued. Maybe when next gen starts they'll do what they did before and reveal the sales of prior consoles before they announce the new one. May even b
I wasn't even thinking of the PS4. I was thinking of the games!
I'm sure xbox is super profitable as it is already.
We are not shareholders of these companies why should we care for the EXACT number of consoles sold? How is that going to magically and instantly translate into more and better games?

it literally means anything for those that want to see microsoft do well next gen and to help bring more unique games from devs. You don't stop trying after you lost the gen then you have no momentum going into the net one. Sales is important because where Xbox One is at the end will determine multiple things, including what options they have next gen.

I mean listening to you guys Sony would have stopped trying around 2008 after that horrible launch and software issues. Sales aren't only about console wars.

I'm still seeing a lot of people misunderstanding the data ("Sony hasn't claimed 99 million yet") or simply refusing to believe it. But I haven't seen a single report to the contrary.

Out of genuine curiosity: what evidence is there that Xbox One has broken 36 million in sales? Please, point me to it. If you can find evidence of that (and not an outsider's guesstimate), I'll consider this data debunked.

Again you have no reason to believe this report other than your own impatience.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Why are you quoting me again? My original post was about how MS can help itself to new talent in the wake of Sony becoming full of itself and a dude thinking he is an adult by calling others children.

You tell me how treating other devs like shit cost Nintendo 3rd party support for almost 20 years didn't hurt it while the PS brand grew then. Or how badly MS performed by having mainly western 3rd party support then.

Ok we need to stop this revisionist history. Outside of Nintendo consoles no Major console in America (or europe) ever had the top game list dominated by japanese games. There were a few here and there but that was never the case. This belief Software was dominated by japan (outside nintendo consoles) for the Genesis, Playstation, etc is nonsense and was never ever a thing.

Now with that said this gen Microsoft didn't even have the western dev support to make up fo the lack of Japanese support, big japanese support because they lost out on many major japanese games this gen and unlike the 360 they had few timed western exclusives and Sony has quite a few.

iconmaster

Banned
Again you have no reason to believe this report other than your own impatience.

I'll admit to some impatience, but Jon Peddie Research seems reputable. Founded in 2001, and Anandtech has used them as a source for at least a couple years on graphics card demand. It seems like they've been doing industry reporting for a long time and this is just the first time any of their data has hit the gamer radar.

I really think the report might be legit, but again -- I'd love to see literally anything that can contradict it.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Ok we need to stop this revisionist history. Outside of Nintendo consoles no Major console in America (or europe) ever had the top game list dominated by japanese games. There were a few here and there but that was never the case. This belief Software was dominated by japan (outside nintendo consoles) for the Genesis, Playstation, etc is nonsense and was never ever a thing.

Now with that said this gen Microsoft didn't even have the western dev support to make up fo the lack of Japanese support, big japanese support because they lost out on many major japanese games this gen and unlike the 360 they had few timed western exclusives and Sony has quite a few.

What do you think Playstation exclusive games were then? What is Square Enix? Gran Turismo? Namco? Konami? From Software? (now) Sega? Capcom?

The more options for newer consoles the better. Unless you only want to play yearly Madden and CoD?

I'll admit to some impatience, but Jon Peddie Research seems reputable. Founded in 2001, and Anandtech has used them as a source for at least a couple years on graphics card demand. It seems like they've been doing industry reporting for a long time and this is just the first time any of their data has hit the gamer radar.

I really think the report might be legit, but again -- I'd love to see literally anything that can contradict it.

They have been wrong multiple times in the past it's literally your own impatience. It doesn't even match the other sources people have been assuming to be true for about a year and a half now.

Heck before the incident on Gaf here last year or so we even had leakers say the 2 year old "maybe 35 million" was old. Surely low 40's by now.

What do you think Playstation exclusive games were then? What is Square Enix? Gran Turismo? Namco? Konami? From Software? (now) Sega? Capcom?

The more options for newer consoles the better. Unless you only want to play yearly Madden and CoD?

PlayStation has a lot of non-Japanese exclusives so not sure what you're saying here.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
PlayStation has a lot of non-Japanese exclusives so not sure what you're saying here.
Sure right Uncharted, GoW, Zombie Uncharted, Batman Spiderman game, Horizon...

My response was about you saying Japanese companies don't matter outside Nintendo because they don't sell as much as murder simulator 2019.

iconmaster

Banned
They have been wrong multiple times in the past it's literally your own impatience. It doesn't even match the other sources people have been assuming to be true for about a year and a half now.

If you can link to any of that -- times JPR was wrong, or the leakers -- I'll shut up about this. I don't know about those incidents myself, so I have to insist.

If you can link to any of that -- times JPR was wrong, or the leakers -- I'll shut up about this. I don't know about those incidents myself, so I have to insist.

I mean you've posted over 1000 times and been on this forum for awhile and you never though of looking up the source before? Not even the other site? It's been debunked so thoroughly again there's really nothing here but you're own impatience. You didn't even bother to check you just immediately believed it because "it's been soo lonng" which doesn't really work.

Sure right Uncharted, GoW, Zombie Uncharted, Batman Spiderman game, Horizon...

My response was about you saying Japanese companies don't matter outside Nintendo because they don't sell as much as murder simulator 2019.

I didn't say the last part at all. Also when did Spider-man become a murder simulator?

I didn't say the first part either, I said the list of top games on any non-nintendo platform in America (or europe) has ever been dominated by japanese games, so you saying the Xbox not having them "back then" hurt them. I'm assuming your referring tot he PS2 time period, is silly.

joe_zazen

Who gives a shit if they did it first? Again, the question is what do they do now? They don't have a cloud. Answer the question. What do they do now?

Nobody can seem to answer this...I'm apparently the fanboy just because I'm talking common sense with the evidence we have right now. While you refer to a failed service as being an indication that they are automatically ready for the next generation when streaming is going to be paramount even though they don't have the infrastructure to compete.

If I'm wrong...show me the evidence.

Streaming will be paramount? If so, my money is on Google. MS's plan's, from what I understand, involves people buying special hardware for their streaming service. This will reduce latency a bit and improve picture quality. OTOH, Google's competing service doesn't, as long as it runs chrome it'll be able to stream. So, my money is on Google and it has nothing to do with their owning servers worldwide. Vast majority will not buy new hardware for slight increase in quality.

As far as needing to own a global server network for a streaming service, that is bollocks. Netflix doesn't have one. Youtube didn't for the longest time. psnow doesn't. Nvidia game service doesn't. And Nintendo streamed RE7 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey to their Japanese customers despite not owning Japan-wide farms. So, if you are arguing that a company needs their own server infrastructure in order to make games playable, well that is false.

Or is it that the global infrastructure is needed in order to make it cheap enough? Possible I guess.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
I mean you've posted over 1000 times and been on this forum for awhile and you never though of looking up the source before? Not even the other site?

I have tried, really. I've tried to find reliable Xbox One sales numbers and I've tried to ascertain JPR's reliability. I'm not about to dig through ResetEra, though.

I don't expect or require you personally to come up with a link. Your Google Fu may be as limited as mine. But I would love for someone to provide the counter-evidence.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't say the last part at all. Also when did Spider-man become a murder simulator?

I didn't say the first part either, I said the list of top games on any non-nintendo platform in America (or europe) has ever been dominated by japanese games, so you saying the Xbox not having them "back then" hurt them. I'm assuming your referring tot he PS2 time period, is silly.
OFC I wasn't saying Spiderman although you can always just drop people from skyscrapers ...Also I was referring to Nintendo. Original post was about having more choices is better than having next to nothing to offer your customers. Current gen Xbox has little to no exclusives period while the Ps4 had pretty much everything outside of Halo. The companies I mentioned made third party games for Sony when Nintendo was playing bully in the snes era and is what gave the Ps1 the foothold on the gaming world and was something it had struggled with up until the Switch. Again more choices move consoles what one customer won't buy another will and as long as the company doesn't treat em as children they'll buy their systems, accessories and shitty online subscriptions. Also Bloodborne and Persona 5 sold pretty good as well so idk...

mckmas8808

Streaming will be paramount? If so, my money is on Google. MS's plan's, from what I understand, involves people buying special hardware for their streaming service. This will reduce latency a bit and improve picture quality. OTOH, Google's competing service doesn't, as long as it runs chrome it'll be able to stream. So, my money is on Google and it has nothing to do with their owning servers worldwide. Vast majority will not buy new hardware for slight increase in quality.

As far as needing to own a global server network for a streaming service, that is bollocks. Netflix doesn't have one. Youtube didn't for the longest time. psnow doesn't. Nvidia game service doesn't. And Nintendo streamed RE7 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey to their Japanese customers despite not owning Japan-wide farms. So, if you are arguing that a company needs their own server infrastructure in order to make games playable, well that is false.

Or is it that the global infrastructure is needed in order to make it cheap enough? Possible I guess.

Anybody that thinks Streaming games will be the main way people play video games next gen is living in the land of OZ.

Nah, more like a Toyota Avalon vs a Mercedes E Class. If the Xbox One after its third hardware iteration was THAT much more powerful, they would be effortlessly running all games in 4K, 60fps with much better textures which would look superior to any PS4 games.

Features? Honestly, I got both systems and the online and features are close to me, at least for what I use the consoles for.

Nintendo royally screwed up with third parties courtesy of their stricter policies and more expensive cartridge format which ran the third parties away to Sony. That was Sony capitalizing on Nintendo’s mistakes much like Sony capitalized on Microsoft’s mistakes.

I have tried, really. I've tried to find reliable Xbox One sales numbers and I've tried to ascertain JPR's reliability. I'm not about to dig through ResetEra, though.

I don't expect or require you personally to come up with a link. Your Google Fu may be as limited as mine. But I would love for someone to provide the counter-evidence.

I don't understand your stance. here. Because this could be any other source like even Vgchartz and your stance wouldn't change because all you're basically saying is due to impatience you'll believe this. But for years now we've had sources be wrong or have crazy estimates. Why would this one be different? I mean Xbox has an event in a few days who knows maybe we'll get an official number. Gen is almost over maybe we'll get numbers when the new console is announced, if this was like 2 years ago 3-3/5 years into the gen i'd understand the impatience thing but this seems to be an odd time.

Jigsaah

Gold Member

Netflix and Youtube don't stream games and PSNow is crap. So either you beef up to compete with Microsoft, Amazon and Google or you get left in the dust. I'm not arguing that they need their own infrastructure. I'm arguing that if you want to compete in quality to what is being put on the table by other companies...you need your own infrastructure.

Top 10 cloud services. Sony is no where to be seen.
https://clutch.co/cloud

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Netflix and Youtube don't stream games and PSNow is crap. So either you beef up to compete with Microsoft, Amazon and Google or you get left in the dust. I'm not arguing that they need their own infrastructure. I'm arguing that if you want to compete in quality to what is being put on the table by other companies...you need your own infrastructure.

It is not crap, and you can download PS4 games like GamePass if you want local native play, nor do you need PS+ for multiplayer games on it... so they have (3 services) all in one currently, and not three seemingly separate subscriptions on the mountain of GaaS being pumped out by the competition.

Just because they (Sony) are not talking, does not mean they are not watching and tooling themselves. They have the foundation and experience already, so to not at least take that into consideration is just being disingenuous. MS/Google are talking the talk, because they are newly entering the arena. I am also sure they will invest and put out a great service, and continue to if the demand is there. And let's be honest, MS does have the best PR/Marketing out of any company out there.

Last edited:

NickFire

Anybody that thinks Streaming games will be the main way people play video games next gen is living in the land of OZ.

Spot on. From the outset, I think it's highly questionable that there will be available technology to run next generation games at native 1080P (and 4k), with fast response time, and with minimal lag via streaming, to 10-100 million people all at once. And to the extent there is, on what planet does anyone think Comcast, Verizon, etc., would be willing to support that kind of data flow (even if they could) without charging the price of several consoles per year in tolls?

For those hoping for 120fps next gen consoles I'm afraid that won't happen until around 2026-7. Off shelf makers are artificially ballooning prices, and Sony/MS are too scared to go custom or to go over $400 in tech graphically.

Unless Samsung enters into the console market. Put that 3DO hardware division they brought and never used to good use. lol.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
There's opinions but this is a straight up false statement. There's around 300 games you can't get on PS4 on Xbox One. Not as many as the over 500+ on the PS4 but that's still a lot of games.
I like BC but those aren't new games. Not many last gen games I want to play but see options are nice. I want more Xbox (original) bc though!

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Then what are these 300 games i can't play on the Ps4? Any good?

Then what are these 300 games i can't play on the Ps4? Any good?

Thats up to opinion. but based on your psot I still don't think you read the second half of mine. because i also said there were 500 games not on the Xbox on PS4.

You can look them up and it will be up to you if you like them or not just like the otherway around. You may like different genres than I do.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Wow+what+the+heeho+_5547d016e563efed54df97bc6018e641.gif

Ok then...

mckmas8808

Spot on. From the outset, I think it's highly questionable that there will be available technology to run next generation games at native 1080P (and 4k), with fast response time, and with minimal lag via streaming, to 10-100 million people all at once. And to the extent there is, on what planet does anyone think Comcast, Verizon, etc., would be willing to support that kind of data flow (even if they could) without charging the price of several consoles per year in tolls?

It's weird to hear gaming journalist that live in San Francisco act like everybody has the same quality internet that they have. Or that there aren't such things as Data Caps. As of now when speaking about the Google Assassins Creed thing, people aren't taking into context that it's a BETA that 1000s are using and not 10s of millions.

The whole push to make Streaming video games as the lead way to play games will always be weird to me. Like why would anybody actually want that?

I dont have to give you shit. Nothing about this is reliable and they don't even disclose where they got their numbers from.

Jayjayhd34

The question here is if the Bugatti was cheaper than the Toyota then would it still sell less ? Of cause not, the fact is people buy what they can afford your comparison makes no sense since you can buy XB1 for cheaper than that of a ps4.

iconmaster

Banned
I dont have to give you shit.

I see why you think the request was directed at you, since you were the one I quoted; but I meant it as a general invitation. However...

they don't even disclose where they got their numbers from

is simply incorrect. They do, in the report (emphasis mine):

"We used company financial reports to arrive at the shipments and installed base of gaming consoles. Every quarter we collect shipment data from AMD, Intel, and Nvidia on their processors. We segment the market into three categories (High-end, Mainstream, and Entry-level – see Figure 9: GPU market segmentation, page 12). That data goes into our GPU report, Market Watch, and our graphics board report, AIB (add-in boards) Because Intel’s processors are so ubiquitous we used Steam user data to arrive at the usage of their heterogeneous processors for gaming. We conclude that in 2018, 6.4% of desktop and notebook machines used for gaming are using Intel integrated graphics. We produce a bi-annual report on the PC Gaming Hardware Market and have developed a gaming buying influence factor for the three segments."

Last edited:
Top Bottom