• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox + Starfield Showcase | OT | Phil'shank Redemption | 3:00 am AEST | 2:30 am ACST | 1:00 am AWST (12 June) United States – 10:00 am PT | 1:00 pm ET

Do you think the Xbox Showcase will be good?

• Yes

Votes: 143 50.2%
  • No

Votes: 54 18.9%
  • It will destroy Summer Game Fest 2023

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • It will destroy the terrible PlayStation Showcase 2023

Votes: 61 21.4%
  • Starfield will be Game of The Year regardeless

Votes: 16 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Draugoth

Gold Member
nHA2WFl.jpg

Hawk269

Thought the show was really great. Some missteps here and there, like they should of showed a full lap of actual racing for the Forza segment...since they have done that with every Motorsport entry. I thought Avowed looked really good....a lot of mixed graphics in it to where it looked like Skyrim, it looked like Assassins Creed, it looked like Outer Worlds. I kind of liked the different styles of graphics presented. Overalll a great show and Starfield really was impressive.

eNT1TY

Expected way more out of Senua's Sacrifice visually, Playground ate Ninja Theory's lunch and even that was just comparable to a high budget contemporary AAA from a top tier studio. Avowed looked garbo, was really looking forward to a better showing for that one. Flight Simulator 24 was phenomenal. Starfield visually also didn't look too hot, some parts were almost comparable to Outerworlds and even ME: Andromeda while others showed a clear jump but i can forgive that due to the scale of the package as whole, also character models look Bethesda as fuck (i.e. not great). Playground is pure pedigree, the art team is talented as fuck. Not Persona looked kinda neat artistically.

FlyyGOD

Thought the show was really great. Some missteps here and there, like they should of showed a full lap of actual racing for the Forza segment...since they have done that with every Motorsport entry. I thought Avowed looked really good....a lot of mixed graphics in it to where it looked like Skyrim, it looked like Assassins Creed, it looked like Outer Worlds. I kind of liked the different styles of graphics presented. Overalll a great show and Starfield really was impressive.
Forza has its own showcase this week.

Norse

More Xbox Game news coming Tuesday at an after show recap. Supposedly more forza and fable info as well as some games that werent shown at showcase.

sncvsrtoip

Better than Sony show but still mediocre. Many trailers without real gameplay. Biggest disappointment was hellblade 2, noticable downgrade and not gameplay. Starfield looks nextgenish in some vistas and very mediocre on others tough very good for bethesda game thats for sure, frames looks quite rough.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Anyone, please @ me when the controller orders go live, I don't want to miss it.
It's up on the MS Store, ordered mine from the Xbox on MS Store France (75€ as expected), here is the US link :

Deluxe upgrade is also up when you have Game Pass (35$) :

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The Rare you knew and want is gone, sorry mate. It is about time people face that fact and deal with the developer actually enjoying what they are making. It'd be like getting upset that Bungie isn't making any Halo, but they are clearly succeeding in Destiny.

"Succeeding". No. Bungie is just getting routine paydays by whales and people with sunk cost fallacy.

ProtoByte

Overall, I think I would give this Xbox Showcase an 8/10, but I am leaning towards an 8.25/10. For reference, I gave the PlayStation Showcase last month a 6.5/10.
Way too high for both events imo.

But anyway, this is about MS/Xbox and overall, yeah, I'd say they delivered on a pretty solid showcase. This should help them see a bump up in console sales and subscriptions, though with current (known) trajectories and momentum.
You think so? While it was hardly a disaster, I don't see anything that moves the needle here. I see the same old thing we see every other show from Microsoft. 2022 was an anomaly focusing on just a "12 month stretch", but otherwise, it's the same thing. A bunch of games, a lot that are already out, some that are close by, a good number thatbare far out, and nearly all of them looking okay at best.

Before anyone brings uo the warz accusations, I would say this is an objectively better show than Sony's, though not by very much, and in small part because we have greater expectations on that side of things.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It's up on the MS Store, ordered mine from the Xbox on MS Store France (75€ as expected), here is the US link :

Thanks, already got my order in for the controller.

Will look into the upgrade closer to release.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Thank you for the link premium edition ordered with 5 day early access

Lets Go Nba GIF by Storyful

mhirano

If I buy this Deluxe upgrade beiing a Gamepass subscriber, do I lose access to the upgraded game if my subscription expire?

adamsapple

If I buy this Deluxe upgrade beiing a Gamepass subscriber, do I lose access to the upgraded game if my subscription expire?

Yes, you're just buying "DLC" basically, the base game will still be tied to the game pass sub.

hlm666

When the dune dlc thing for flightsim started for a brief moment as the camera went along the sand dunes I was thinking it was going to be motocross madness 3 reveal. One day they might remember they own that ip and that forizon horizon engine would be perfect for it.

When the dune dlc thing for flightsim started for a brief moment as the camera went along the sand dunes I was thinking it was going to be motocross madness 3 reveal. One day they might remember they own that ip and that forizon horizon engine would be perfect for it.

There already was a Motocross Madness 3 in 2013 and it was less than mediocre. I think when an original studio or developers leave, its just a name thats left. I dont think it would ever be a successful reboot.

Wasn’t really sure what to expect going into this showcase but I’m surprised in a great way. Still nothing that would sell me on Xbox but I’ll certainly play some of these on PC one day. Starfield really looks like a winner. But it was a well rounded showcase that covered a lot of genres.

hlm666

There already was a Motocross Madness 3 in 2013 and it was less than mediocre. I think when an original studio or developers leave, its just a name thats left. I dont think it would ever be a successful reboot.
wow really, I just went and chased down a video. So they turned it into a circuit racer no wonder it failed. Maybe they will add player controlled bikes to the next forza horizon seeing they seem to have taken motocross madness out back and shot it.

wow really, I just went and chased down a video. So they turned it into a circuit racer no wonder it failed. Maybe they will add player controlled bikes to the next forza horizon seeing they seem to have taken motocross madness out back and shot it.

Yeah....same thing happened to Moto Racer series back in the day. For whatever reason they went from street racing to indoor arena exhibition racing and yes it was shit too.

Nydius

Starfield controllers are popping up for preorder on GameStop and Best Buy. $79.99 USD, as expected.

What an opportune time to discover I had $20 in Best Buy rewards that was about to expire on the 13th.

6bkt2tw.png

Most likely. Without access to the full game (which the upgrade doesn't give you a license for), you won't have access to the Deluxe Edition addon stuff.

But Microsoft also said you'd need a full retail version of The Outer Worlds to upgrade to the Spacer's Choice Edition and the Game Pass version wouldn't qualify -- and that turned out to not be true, so anything's possible.

Last edited:

NickFire

I’d say they finally had a summer showcase (in quite a while) that they should be proud of. Starfield shows more and all signs point to living up to the hype. I won’t be able to play it but want to, and it’s more interesting than Spidey 2 IMO. Will be day 1 on Spidey but we know what we’re getting, where Starfield is truly a new experience IMO. I’ve seen people say you can do stuff from it in other games, but I think this one brings them together on console in much more comprehensive package. If it’s got lots of action I’m guessing it gets GOTY. 30 FPS is BS IMO, but I don’t think it will be the end of the world. And I’m guessing it gets a performance mode down the road stealth dropped on X.

I wasn’t as impressed with some of the other games, but I was very impressed that MS showed up and gave so much info bout their games. This presentation felt more like older E3 shows. Sonys wasn’t as bad as some of the hyperbole, but didn’t hold a candle to this in terms of showing off first party IMO.

MS did have a WTF moment(s) though. Way too much CGI in relation to some of the hype. If their people are driving some of the false hype, like the dude whose tweet will rightfully live in infamy this gen about 60 fps standard, they need to muzzle these guys. That stuff just takes away from positives in the end.

adamsapple

Starfield controllers are popping up for preorder on GameStop and Best Buy. $79.99 USD, as expected.

What an opportune time to discover I had $20 in Best Buy rewards that was about to expire on the 13th.

6bkt2tw.png

I keeping telling everyone, get into MS Rewards and you'll be saving hundreds of dollars on all Xbox stuff.

Paid a grand total of $0.00 out of pocket and it's coming on the 14th.

zHpWxfb.jpg

--------------

after the show

lp87itI.jpg

feynoob feynoob

it's time.

Last edited:

K' Dash

I didn't really feel anything with any of the games.

Will give Starfield and Senua a shot for sure and see how it goes, but I don't expect them to hook me.

clarky

Gold Member
It's gonna be soooooo sick. I cannot wait man, the trailer was awesome. It looks much better then I expected and it's a proper huge todd howard rpg. I have to see how I will arrange some days off work during the launch date.
Yeah Starfield really hit a home run, one of the best deep dives i've ever seen. Hopefully Todd brings the goods in a couple of months.

Last edited:

Alan Wake

A great show. My only concern is they didn't show Perfect Dark. At all. That game is likely in development hell. No Indy either, but I wasn't expecting that. And Everwild is... gone? Also a bit weird that Compulsion's new game didn't have a date. And no gameplay. Their last game launched in August 2018.

Other than that, it was just what the doctor ordered. Starfield looks great, and I'm not even into these massive games. Still gonna buy it. Want that Constellation Edition but I'm not sure it'll available in my country.

Top Bottom