• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X sales increased by with 1335% after the showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oppoi

seduction flirting GIF
TAebjuk.jpg

ABnormal

Competition is good, i hope this moves consoles. Xbox will probably never outsell playstation again. But excitement about the brand and consoles moving might puts some pressure on complacent Jim to actually show some cool stuff at their next presentation
Yes, competition is the best thing possible, in any market. It brings the very best out, at the best price.

If only Microsoft would spend to create new games to be added to the market, instead of just buying and seizing already existing IPs from the competitor. In that way nothing new is added to the market, and it's good only for short-dicked Xbots who are eager to have some victory, even if cheating.

It's still good that there's MS, but nearly everything it does is harmful for videogames growth and market.

Let's hope they will start to create an identity with new projects and investments on them. Christ... with 70 billions they could produce five games of the magnitude of GTA5, for the next THREE GENERATIONS. But it's clear that investing on new games is far from being the most importanti thing whithin XBox.

LastBattle

If the Blizz Act deal is concluded, this and Starfield will indeed do a lot of damage. But xbox always find a way to fuck up. They would have the blueprint that shows how to win and they would still fuck up somehow.
That’s what I’ve been thinking since yesterday. With Starfield and what’s coming + Activision (big if for Activision), Sony could be in trouble second half of the gen. But you’re probably right. Xbox will probably drop the ball somehow haha!

But he didn't say that. He said that if Starfield received an 11/10 that gamers wouldn't switch ecosystems and sell their PS5 for an Xbox because they have hundreds if not thousands of games in their digital library. And it makes sense. I have 800 games in my Xbox library. If I didn't already have a PS5 with hundreds of games, I wouldn't leave my Xbox ecosytem because an 11/10 came out on PS5. I would BUY a PS5 along with my Xbox to play that 11/10 game, but my library is on my Xbox.

People owning all three systems is a minority. MS did this to themselves. They missed the boat last gen, and they will never catch it at this pace. People's libraries of digital games keep growing and growing and growing on their PS. They aint dumping that shit.

The best MS can hope for is reeling in more PC players and ALL NEW gamers. Your best customer though is the return customer. They spend the most money. Sony has that printing money for them. It has MS scrambling for a different niche.

Thanks for someone saying the truth. Xbox is pretty much destined to be the "other" console at this rate, unless there are multiple hits of Starfield proportion that are exclusive.

Banjo64

cumsessed
But he didn't say that. He said that if Starfield received an 11/10 that gamers wouldn't switch ecosystems and sell their PS5 for an Xbox because they have hundreds if not thousands of games in their digital library. And it makes sense. I have 800 games in my Xbox library. If I didn't already have a PS5 with hundreds of games, I wouldn't leave my Xbox ecosytem because an 11/10 came out on PS5. I would BUY a PS5 along with my Xbox to play that 11/10 game, but my library is on my Xbox.

People owning all three systems is a minority. MS did this to themselves. They missed the boat last gen, and they will never catch it at this pace. People's libraries of digital games keep growing and growing and growing on their PS. They aint dumping that shit.

The best MS can hope for is reeling in more PC players and ALL NEW gamers. Your best customer though is the return customer. They spend the most money. Sony has that printing money for them. It has MS scrambling for a different niche.
It’s false.

We all know it.

80% of people just buy CoD/FIFA/Madden/GTA.

You think these people care about their digital library?

You think the norm is to have 100s or 1000s of digital games in your library?

It’s just a cop out from Phil because he’s failing to persuade people that Xbox is a better proposition that PlayStation.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Its pretty funny that some folks round here are more bullish on Xbox's prospects than Phil Spencer is!

Can Phil stop saying stupid shit like ‘Good games don’t sell consoles’ now? They showed what look like good games and consoles are selling well…

In all fairness, I think he was just a bit overwhelmed from the Redfall backlash and had a moment where he spoke out in frustration.

Great to hear that consoles are being sold and gamers are looking forward to what Xbox are doing.

Last edited:

SeraphJan

Hope they keep up with the good line ups, good game sells system, its common sense.

If they can keep up with consistent quality games in the following years, Series X might just have a real competition with PS5. I would love to see a reverse PS3/360 scenario.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
It’s false.

We all know it.

80% of people just buy CoD/FIFA/Madden/GTA.

You think these people care about their digital library?

It’s just a cop out from Phil because he’s failing to persuade people that Xbox is a better proposition that PlayStation.

Sad thing is, Xbox absolutely could stand toe to toe with Playstation under proper management. Hell, I can guarantee I could do a better job.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Really isn't difficult. Put some eyes on your companies and make sure they don't turn out shit like RedFall and Halo, while also making sure that games have realistic pipelines and proper fucking gameplay designed before you release a trailer.

Competition is good, i hope this moves consoles. Xbox will probably never outsell playstation again. But excitement about the brand and consoles moving might puts some pressure on complacent Jim to actually show some cool stuff at their next presentation
It should never outsell PlayStation. Xbox sells to both console and PC. If Sony released their games day and date on PC, they wouldn't sell as many consoles.

The good thing us that Xbox doesn't need to outsell PS to be successful.
If Sony sell 100 million PS5, and MS sells 80 millions Xbox Series, MS would be laughing all the way to the bank.

Kvally

Banned
You think the norm is to buy console A, see a game come out for console B and sell console A when console A already has great games?

Can Phil stop saying stupid shit like ‘Good games don’t sell consoles’ now?
He never said that.

he’s failing to persuade people that Xbox is a better proposition that PlayStation.
He just needs to pursuade people to buy an Xbox, not leave PlayStation. To do that, he needs great exclusives and a great line up of games in Game Pass for an affordable price.

I bought an Xbox for games like Starfield, Halo, Forza. I bought a PS5 for games like Spider-Man, Gran Turismo and God of War.

We are getting great games from all of them, so that means they get my money.

Tomeru

Is this just Starfield or something else? Because otherwise I didn't think the conference was all that great.
I maybe wrong, but I swear there is a borg quote that says something like "understanding is not a requirement for assimilation".

But yeah, starfield.

Banjo64

cumsessed
You think the norm is to buy console A, see a game come out for console B and sell console A when console A already has great games?
No I don’t, but that’s the stupid hypothetical situation that Phil plucked out of his ass.

He just needs to pursuade people to buy an Xbox, not leave PlayStation. To do that, he needs great exclusives and a great line up of games in Game Pass for an affordable price..
💯

Bkdk

If they get xbox for starfield then all they would get is the early access version, pc offers the other 60% of the experience and playing starfield on console will be missing out big time over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom