• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox announces Xbox Series X Console Wraps

Vyse

Gold Member
Well I got one. I'm a sucker for the mechanical drawing shit on the sides, and I like how easy the set up is.

I'll let you guys know if it's trash. Says it comes out 10/17.

xbox-series-x-wrap-starfield.jpg
I ordered starfield as well. Going to match my controller!

I imagine a ruler some scissors and some vinyl you've created.

I'm not a nasa scientist but I feel I could make a box
scissors? lol.....will it look like a high quality product though.....probably not..and then theres colouring it to look good aswell.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Seems pricey to me but those Dbrand skins are about the same price so I guess that's what the market will pay.

This seems less fiddly if you want it too so I think if this sort of thing appeals then it's ok?

Audiophile

Gold Member
Don't own an Xbox, but I appreciate a nice product when I see it. These wraps look nice; sturdy and high quality too. Hopefully lots of designs to come and perhaps even a Design Lab like ChuckeRearmed ChuckeRearmed mentioned.

Would be cool if they just let you upload an image, match it to the template and get your own made. Even better if they had an index of user designs (if users choose to make them public) and if certain designs become popular; the designer gets a few percent of the proceeds or something on any sales.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
eh, it looks lame to me
If it had cover plates like PS5 (or even a whole limited edition console) then the texture/graphics would look cool but to literally just wrap the console in whatever material that is... I'm really not feeling it.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
If you mean PS5 covers, sure, but this is like wrapping your console in a thermally insulating layer in case it gets cold.

dbrands whole business is literally based on this and you are shocked MS and Sony do official versions of it?

v4CzwjhEoSH2XGbbeMDz3L.jpg

Esja4ADUYAANN8-.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

twilo99

I loved those! I used to have a good collection of 360 Faceplates (and PS4 faceplates) before they got lost in a move. Pretty sure someone stole them while we were having a break.

What kind of monster would steal something like that !?

They should actually use the designs from all of those and make wraps for the x .. some sort of a “retro” collection or something

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

the_master

I like the idea!

The Starfield one is ok.
But the 2 cammo ones are horrendous. Shocking they do 2 out of 3, uninspired designs.

Looking forward to making custom ones officially (if they’d ever allow that)

Just my luck of late that even the minuscule things don’t go my way, liking the Artic Camo wrap the best and it’s unavailable to buy in Europe for some reason

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
What kind of monster would steal something like that !?

They should actually use the designs from all of those and make wraps for the x .. some sort of a “retro” collection or something

I think someone who thought they were stealing an Xbox. The box was labeled "Xbox Stuff".

Pallas

Gold Member
Anyone know if you preorder one, if they take the money right away or at the date it’s released on?

//DEVIL//

Anyone know if you preorder one, if they take the money right away or at the date it’s released on?
depends from what store. MS store they will take it right away if I am not mistaken. amazon ? will charge you just when they are about to ship it. ( in general, not sure if its available on amazon )

Last edited:
Top Bottom