• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox announces Xbox Series X Console Wraps

looks cool as hell. I like that it's a better quality than just some vinyl sticker. Kind of reminds of an old school, puffy Trapper Keeper cover.

Have to admit that the Starfield branding has been looking awesome. I don't have a Series X but use an Xbox controller to play games on the PC and that Starfield controller looks incredible. Came extremely close to buying one, but literally have no need for it.

Chukhopops

If you mean PS5 covers, sure, but this is like wrapping your console in a thermally insulating layer in case it gets cold.
I’ll be curious when this gets reviewed. But even after using it the whole evening my XSX isn’t hot or even warm on its side or front. Only the top part gets hot where the air exhaust is.

Laieon

Definitely pricey for what they are, but I like this a lot more than traditional DBrand-esque wraps for sure.

MarkMe2525

bbbqtst0uzl21.jpg
I had that exact same sticker for my PS1. I can't remember where it was from.

Moses85

I like that in 2023 I get a wrap AND new games. Wrap my Xbox Series X with a Starfield wrap, while in 2023 playing Starfield, Hi-Fi Rush, Forza Motorsport 2023, Sea of Thieves: Monkey Island, Age of Empires 4 for Xbox, Age of Empires 2 for Xbox, Cities Skylines 2, Call of Duty MWIII, Assassin's Creed:Mirage, Alan Wake 2, Armored Core 6, Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty, Minecraft Legends, Hogwarts Legacy, Diablo 4, Star Wars Jedi Survivor...and Stalker 2 is still tentatively scheduled for this year too. Then there is 2024 😮
Tired Pbs Nature GIF by Nature on PBS

reinking

Gold Member
I would be first in line for a Starfield Trapper Keeper.
I love the Starfield aesthetics. I bought the controller and the headset. I am just not into this console cover design. Trapper keeper? I would proudly carry it around the office and use it in every face-to-face meeting.

Bry0

I’ll be curious when this gets reviewed. But even after using it the whole evening my XSX isn’t hot or even warm on its side or front. Only the top part gets hot where the air exhaust is.
Considering the thermal design, and that air is taken in from the bottom and pulled out the top, none of the heat from the console is expelled from the plastic sides, which is an insulator anyway. The impact is very likely little to none.

Quantum253

I just looked it's a high-end fabric. Kind of looks like a fabric cell phone case with a velcro latch. Interesting concept for sure. Its been awhile since the 360 changeable faceplates

Last edited:
Reactions: TLZ

TLZ

Banned
This is actually very interesting in all honesty. Nifty idea without damaging the console with adhesive.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Any pictures from the backside?

You can see how it wraps on the back in the OP tweet.

rNchRIC.jpg

This is actually very interesting in all honesty. Nifty idea without damaging the console with adhesive.

And, like face plates, get different "themed" consoles without needing to fork over $500 for them.

Last edited:

nordique

They saw Sony making money with PS5 plates most likely.

Still don't know if this is better for revenue than dedicated limited edition consoles, but if Xbox is playing copycat to Sony on it they must believe so.

I mean, have you heard of this system called the Xbox 360?

Roni

Gold Member
You can’t be serious
I am, and a bunch of people who thought just like you did: "Oh, someone responsible at the company is on this. No need to worry!" were proved wrong.

Expecting large institutions to behave responsibly is naive, dangerous and the main reason why humanity is the way it is today.

Last edited:
Yea, that's not going to look good in person. More like you wrapped your console in a trapper keeper. And for $50 you'd think they'd have it clasp with magnets to help it look as sleek as possible, but instead are using Velcro? Ok.

DeepSpace5D

Idk I find it weird looking in the back part where much of the black console is still exposed, and you have a strap like the back of a baseball cap.

I mean I get it based on design, you need the vents to not be covered. But it looks off to me.

Top Bottom