• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox announces Xbox Series X Console Wraps

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Anyone know if you preorder one, if they take the money right away or at the date it’s released on?

depends from what store. MS store they will take it right away if I am not mistaken. amazon ? will charge you just when they are about to ship it. ( in general, not sure if its available on amazon )
MS Store never take the money right away, only when shipping, even for preorders.
At least that's how it always worked with MS Store in France, I ordered many consoles and stuff and they only took the money on shipping date.

supernova8

Banned
vDjLpGb.png

Chukhopops

Honestly surprised this is so popular. I had no idea there were so many adults yearning to dress up their console.
I don’t see what’s strange, you have this big monolith in the middle of your TV space that you see all the time, why not make it look a bit better?

It’s a drop in the ocean compared to the cost of a proper wall mount, holes and tubes in walls to pass cables, TV furniture etc.

DaGwaphics

I don't know how I should feel about these kind of things selling so well at these prices. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

This and the plates for PS have to be the easiest money these companies have ever made.

Pallas

Gold Member
Was able to get a Starfield wrap. Got the controller and I’ve been contemplating the headset but I already got a decent headset.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I would just be concerned about the heat disperson, but otherwise looks pretty good. Especially the starfield one.

I've actually never noticed the side panels of my SX get warm, I don't think this should cause any heating issues, as it leaves all the vent openings clear and even adds tiny little legs at the bottom so the heat dispersal from the bottom doesn't get trapped either. The design seems good.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
These look exactly as they were advertised on Xbox website. I don't understand all the 'it's just a sticker' comments.

Clout chasing shitposts. They've made it clear that it's a wrap and not a sticker since announcement but some people are going to be like that.

Last edited:

Belthazar

They saw Sony making money with PS5 plates most likely.

Still don't know if this is better for revenue than dedicated limited edition consoles, but if Xbox is playing copycat to Sony on it they must believe so.

The thing is, with Sony's approach they can kinda do both. They still sell special limited edition full consoles and it still makes some sort of sense as the white plates come swapped for the limited edition ones. Selling a regular Series X that just comes with a wrap on the box would actually add to the cost/price, as it's an extra product on the box.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Not a fan of how this looks. Seems tacky. Hopefully they design the next console with removable/customizable components; I wouldn't mind dropping $$ on a new outer casing for the system, or something along those lines.

DaGwaphics

Bit overpriced but still nice mind

ZfoThdl.jpg

WeUQaOj.jpg

Looks nice, I'm surprised by how good they look in use, wasn't sure when I first saw the ad.

Also, some big sales going on at target that you might be interested in:

:messenger_winking_tongue: Just for laughs.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I wouldn't mind a wrap of some upcoming games. Perfect Dark comes to mind.

Hopefully they are reasonably priced. Beat buying a whole new custom console...cuz no shot I'm doing that.

kiphalfton

If you were to tell me all of Xbox creativity, effort, and R&D goes into their accessories... I would not be the least bit surprised.

Last edited:
Top Bottom