• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X sales increased by with 1335% after the showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
We have to believe that the presentation held last night convinced many people to make the purchase. Not for the new Xbox Series S, but for the Xbox Series X, which rose to the top of Amazon sales by taking first place, with an increase of 1,335%, just that .

Article is in french

Imtjnotu

from 13-1300

Lets Go Nba GIF by Storyful

feynoob

Banned
Is this just Starfield or something else? Because otherwise I didn't think the conference was all that great.
It's mostly starfield plus MS dumping down huge shipment.
It's a tactic to increase the sales alot, as everyone is paying a lot of attention to this show.

They did something similar last 2 showcase.

jm89

I'm assuming they are talking about the movers and shakers list?

A item could be selling 1 item and then sell 5 and that will give it around 400% boost and push it right to the top of that chart.

Movers and shakers temporary boost is meaningless for long terms sales.

Last edited:

T-Cake

I imagine a lot of people with shitty / low end PCs that are fans of Bethesda games or RPG games in general are dipping into Series consoles as it's by far the most budget friendly way to experience Starfield.

I'm going the GeForce Now route with Game Pass Ultimate before I shell out on a console.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
How do you expect me to ask them.
My French is garbage and I will get kicked out by the French people.

On other hand, you are expert in Frenchm
I mean, France is like 80/20 if not more in favor on PlayStation.

So, 1335% on 10 consoles, while better considering the place, does nothing for us without numbers.

It's like when they bragged about Japan "being their fastest growing market" a year or two ago when they sold 3,000 consoles instead of 500 that month. A place they don't talk about much anymore.

Quantum253

It would have gone even higher if they had a limited edition Starfield Series X. Carry the same design over and include the Starfield controller. Things would have pre-orders sell out. The only thing that makes me think they didn't is that console availability is still off and they are trying to get basic consoles back in stores. To this day, I still haven't seen a Series X on the shelf at a store.

Dunnas

I'm assuming they are talking about the movers and shakers list?

A item could be selling 1 item and then sell 500 and that will give it around 500% boost and push it right to the top of that chart.

Movers and shakers temporary boost is meaningless for long terms sales.
Actually, 500 would a 49,900% increase over 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom