• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Aladin

It would be a real dick move if MS brought Apple TV to Xbox, but then Apple refused to bring GP on Apple devices.
Apple quotes privacy concerns. There are ways in which MS can modify development kit so that apple is sure game is not violating privacy norms without going into code.

MS is surely doing the above. If it was helpless, it would have gone to the court. The downside might be that old titles might not make it to the apple gamepass even with a patch, developed on older software dev kit.

Andodalf

Banned

Gamepass just keeps getting better. When you consider it's just 5$ over the price of Gold, You're now getting hundreds of Games, including new releases, for less than the price of one game a year

Apple quotes privacy concerns. There are ways in which MS can modify development kit so that apple is sure game is not violating privacy norms without going into code.

MS is surely doing the above. If it was helpless, it would have gone to the court. The downside might be that old titles might not make it to the apple gamepass even with a patch, developed on older software dev kit.

It is effectively going to court with Apples lasting antitrust battles

Aladin

Gamepass just keeps getting better. When you consider it's just
Gamepass just keeps getting better. When you consider it's just 5$ over the price of Gold, You're now getting hundreds of Games, including new releases, for less than the price of one game a year

It is effectively going to court with Apples lasting antitrust battles
It has not directly approached courts yet, right ?
Epic is a small company, corporates like ms apple hold no grudges, leverage is what counts.

Last edited:

Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami, and Yakuza Kiwami 2 free for XBL Gold members until the 4th.

Definitely play Yakuza 0 first, it's top tier IMO.

The launch of the Xbox Series S and X is just around the corner. The team has done a significant amount of work to ensure Gears 5 maximizes the power of these devices…hello 120 FPS! We’ll give a complete breakdown of all the updates soon but in the meantime we have a Title Update coming sometime in the last two weeks of October to help us prepare the launch of the new Xboxes.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
20201001_125356.jpg
xmKCwm5.png
K0NFL2a.png
jZWEA9D.png

Last edited:

Hopefully this doesn't bolster conspiracy theories that MS paid SEGA to negate cross-platform saves between PS4 and PS5 for the game, because that's already kinda been floated around in several spots.

...which is funny considering the games people use to refute that idea are all service-based games with cloud game save systems that work around that limitation. Whatever that issue is on Sony's end I hope they can fix it sooner rather than later.

This is Microsoft getting people used to seeing the Xbox logo alongside the Sega logo.

Also, you gotta make sure those future acquisitions are stay healthy before you add them to the stable :messenger_winking:

Lol yeah I still think something's going on between. Maybe not an acquisition, but I can easily see MS and SEGA doing a modern-day version of the partnership they had back with the OG Xbox. That netted quite a few sequels that likely otherwise may not've been (or wouldn't have came out when they did or in the same way that they did).

If it means a new Gunvalkyrie (or remake), Outrun 3, new Crazy Taxi or sequel to JSR Future (or all of the above) that'd be extremely awesome IMO. MS providing co-funding and marketing, and resource assistance in return for ecosystem exclusivity sounds like fair game.

But really, that kind of partnership should get us a Fighters Megamix sequel, only this time with characters from Xbox 1P in there, too. Banjo and Kazooie, Master Chief, Doom Guy with the BFG etc. mixing it up with Sonic, Kiryu, Akira, Janet etc. in a next-gen VF-style engine? Sign me up!

splattered

Hopefully this doesn't bolster conspiracy theories that MS paid SEGA to negate cross-platform saves between PS4 and PS5 for the game, because that's already kinda been floated around in several spots.

...which is funny considering the games people use to refute that idea are all service-based games with cloud game save systems that work around that limitation. Whatever that issue is on Sony's end I hope they can fix it sooner rather than later.

Unless this is like them not letting Dualsense work on the PS4 and the Dualshock not working on PS5... trying to force people into buying the PS5 version of the game because your save won't transfer.

GinSama

Ms is really killing it...for the first time the fifth generation that im super divide.
I need to wait actually because both consoles are super attractive to me.

Bethesda being now with ms is amazing...the fact that the new xbox is becoming a powerhouse in terms of rpg developers is super appealing for me....

I think i will wait for the beginning of the year.

Looks to be a retail until as well, It doesn't have the "Product name placeholder"

Think the recent batch are retail units, yes. Lemarr Wilson said his has a full retail unit, with everything unlocked, but MS had included legal instructions forcing embargoes on unboxing, the UI and basically anything other than BC (also not allowed to say when the embargoes for each feature will end)

Just the fact MS got in there before Sony is impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I didn't realize that xCloud now works on Bluestacks. I tried it out with with a few games and it was passable. For some reason it really lags in fullscreen mode, so windowed seems to be best. Cool to play around with until MS releases the official app for PC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom