• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

IGN's Next Gen Console Watch ran a poll of reader interest in next gen consoles before and after the Zenimax acquisition news. These polls typically have a lot of traffic, more than a Twitter poll, and I think it's interesting to see the difference despite many thinking it would have no effect.

After Zenimax acquisition
8E6AB4z.png

Before Zenimax acquisition
GfjqJYF.png

No doubt the needle will move further as Xbox exclusive games like TES6 and Starfield get shown.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mmnow

IGN's Next Gen Console Watch ran a poll of reader interest in next gen consoles before and after the Zenimax acquisition news. These polls typically have a lot of traffic, more than a Twitter poll, and I think it's interesting to see the difference despite many thinking it would have no effect.

8E6AB4z.png

GfjqJYF.png

No doubt the needle will move further as Xbox exclusive games like TES6 and Starfield get shown.
You see a lot of people here talking down Xbox's output, even though the One has had an amazing final year.

That's an image problem more than a game problem. Buying Zenimax showed that sort of gamer that Microsoft is serious about next gen.

I imagine the next 12 months are gonna be really good to Microsoft in terms of image correction.

Last edited:

Sony has instructed German/Austrian retailers (Mediamarkt, Saturn, Conrad etc) that no PS5 stock will be available for walk-ins on 19th November - and not to make any waiting lists for those turning up at brick and mortar stores, as all sales will be likely online only until further notice.

Xbox Series X/S will have stock available for walk-ins as normal. Pre-orders remain sold out.

8E6AB4z.png

GfjqJYF.png

Very impressive they were able to gain that much thanks to the announcement, actually. Honestly thinking, as long as MS don't royally screw something up massively (and same for Sony), this will be a much closer gen even in terms of traditional hardware sales alone.

I'm gonna hold on to my 1.25:1 to 1.5:1 ratios for now, it'll be interesting to see if I'm forced to reduce those further in the future.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief

8E6AB4z.png

GfjqJYF.png

It's interesting...the group they are polling is largely enthusiasts too. I believe that the Series S at $299 w/ Game Pass w/ EA Play & Bethesda + Free to Play is going to do really well. I've had a few "ultra casual" friends reach out to me to ask some questions about it. These are folks who own a PS4/Xbox w/ maybe a half dozen games. Usually a Bethesda RPG, an EA Sports title that is usually a few years out of date, a few free to play games like Warzone/Fortnite, GTA, and whatever random game that came packed in with the console. This console is exactly what they are looking for.

lefty1117

Gold Member
Reason tells me that most of what will be available on the Xbox, I can play on my PC, so buying a playstation makes sense to get access to those exclusives. But my heart is pushing me more and more towards Xbox. Is it Microsoft ecosystem loyalty? Excitement over the recent acquisitions? Is there something to be said for playing something on your PC in the bedroom and then continuing it later on the xbox in the living room?

Very impressive they were able to gain that much thanks to the announcement, actually. Honestly thinking, as long as MS don't royally screw something up massively (and same for Sony), this will be a much closer gen even in terms of traditional hardware sales alone.

I'm gonna hold on to my 1.25:1 to 1.5:1 ratios for now, it'll be interesting to see if I'm forced to reduce those further in the future.

I've heard a lot of people say Bethesda games, for example, aren't system sellers but the figures tell a different story. Microsoft has been doing so many right things lately, but buying Zenimax was the biggest game changer potentially in Xbox history.

I'm not sure how it's going to end up, but the needle has already moved to the point where more will buy an Xbox than won't. Imagine how much more it'll move when games like Doom, The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Prey, Dishonored, Wolfenstein and Starfield start pumping out trailers with Only On Xbox on them.

Orky

Banned

8E6AB4z.png

GfjqJYF.png

wow. That was fast! Crazy.

Tim hinting we'll be getting a Starfield trailer, which will confirm Xbox console exclusivity, by the end of the month. He's a fanboy, but he's called a number of next gen things way in advance (tflops target, price, release date etc) and seemingly does have a few legitimate connections.

Kagey K

Banned

Damn that auto HDR is doing some work. I’m more impressed than I expected to be with it. Panzer Dragoon and Sunset Overdrive really showing off how much it can improve the look of some games.

Also really impressed with how smooth Control was running, that was certainly not my experience with it and may encourage me to go back and finish it.

I find funny that she/he is korean xbox user and trash Playstation. It is odd to see it

Not so much these days, Xbox is getting pretty big in Korea thanks to xCloud

See this post;

South Korea Xbox Series S/X pre-order sold out in less than three minutes, staggered over three days

xCloud cited as a huge factor

Plus MS had an aggressive advertisement strategy there too;

SK Telecom (South Korea's largest wireless carrier) have partnered with, and actively push, Xbox in the region now which is making big waves.

Edit: Another guy to keep an eye on is YuJeong Kim, an Xbox MVP in SK who literally dedicates his life to harassing devs of Xbox games into adding Korean language support, and canvassing for Xbox

reksveks

anyone got any idea about the rumoured xbox blog post tomorrow that Geoff mentioned in today's stream

Last edited:
anyone got any idea about the rumoured xbox blog post tomorrow that Geoff mentioned in today's stream

Could it be something to do with this?

Xbox Wire Russia tweeted "next week, five is coming" and the official Xbox Russia Twitter responded curiously...

OX3UKHl.jpg

Mr.ODST

Persona 5? *I wish* on a serious note, read on some of the industry chats it could possibly be SEGA but something leads to maybe a sort of big announcement?

Kagey K

Banned

I have a feeling with all those preview consoles out there and them updating the preview that we might get a blog post and then a loosening of the restrictions for Youtubers every week until launch so there is constantly a run up of new news coming out.

Top Bottom