• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

reksveks

I have a feeling with all those preview consoles out there and them updating the preview that we might get a blog post and then a loosening of the restrictions for Youtubers every week until launch so there is constantly a run up of new news coming out.

I definitely think that we will get at least one blog post a week (also where the f is the Initiative hiding) but just assume it to be related to a major talking point so expect one week to be highlighting first party series x optimisations but not sure about the other weeks.

Kagey K

Banned
I definitely think that we will get at least one blog post a week (also where the f is the Initiative hiding) but just assume it to be related to a major talking point so expect one week to be highlighting first party series x optimisations but not sure about the other weeks.
6 mondays left before launch.
1 week could be BC optimizations on patched games, 1 week new features in the UI (capture, share, streaming etc), 1 week showcasing actual new games coming out (likely the last week before launch) Not sure about the other 3, or 2 if they choose to forgo doing one the night before launch.

Bergoglio

1 week could be BC optimizations on patched games, 1 week new features in the UI (capture, share, streaming etc), 1 week showcasing actual new games coming out (likely the last week before launch) Not sure about the other 3, or 2 if they choose to forgo doing one the night before launch.

6 weeks left, zero new exclusive games announcement.

Kagey K

Banned
I would like to see a new xbox game studio with a late 2021 target = 12 months from now.

We are in October and no XO event, nothing scheduled for december.
I misunderstood, I thought you were expecting it to be announced and launch on Nov 10.

TBH I expect The Game Awards to be the next time we see a big announcement from MS. (Though I would be pleasantly surprised if it happened sooner.)

Andodalf

Banned
I misunderstood, I thought you were expecting it to be announced and launch on Nov 10.

TBH I expect The Game Awards to be the next time we see a big announcement from MS. (Though I would be pleasantly surprised if it happened sooner.)

Game Awards Starfield Trailer sounds perfect

Jboemios

Banned
Xbox Series S review from youtubers

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
xboxpope did some Series S designs. I like the Cyberpunk version...

VBp6dyP.jpg

IqVFGL9.jpg

The Series S|X consoles will be really easy to skin/wrap.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
anyone got any idea about the rumoured xbox blog post tomorrow that Geoff mentioned in today's stream

Previous marketing blog posts were at 3pm (15:00) GMT, so I would expect the same now IF there is something. So in 45min

With how far e commerce has come since 2013 this isn't suprising

While true, he does say;

Like, of any pre-order they've ever done for any product.

So that includes Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and PS5 also.

Still really need to know allocations to say anything definitively, mind.

Guys just a big FYI... Make sure to check daily the Microsoft Rewards app online or on the Xbox. Just by browsing Bing, doing a couple of surveys or answering a few dumb questions you can get a lot of rewards points. Plus you can also get tons of points by playing Game Pass games and getting achievements.

A month of Game Pass Ultimate is 12,000 points which is a lot but by doing what I said daily you can get there or get close. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

It’s been a tremendous year so far, and it’s going to get even better with the launch of Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S on November 10. Across four generations and thousands of games playable this holiday, this will be the largest launch lineup in the history of gaming. We’ll be sharing even more details on every game being fully optimized this holiday for the launch of Xbox Series X|S later this month, as well as showing more gameplay from these titles, so stay tuned for more.

Between our growing Xbox Game Studios teams, the massive influx of high-quality content from our new partners at Bethesda, and many more unannounced games in development, the future has never been brighter for Xbox gamers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kagey K

Banned

Something, something, no games. Amiright? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

While educational and informative, I'm not sure if this is something "insiders" should have been hyping up on Twitter. This is how people get expectations too high and then backlash when it's not what they expect.

Something, something, no games. Amiright? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

While educational and informative, I'm not sure if this is something "insiders" should have been hyping up on Twitter. This is how people get expectations too high and then backlash when it's not what they expect.

Then people should learn from it. Unfortunately, like a lot of that stuff, hiveminds form and anyone who questions anything usually receives bile in return. Not worth it.

I knew they would rely on ports of Tactics and Flight Simulator for launch period after Halo delay. I’m just glad The Falconeer is coming out.

TBiddy

They been talking about load time for current gen games but how about framrate are they better for games ?

If the original game targets a locked 30 FPS, the game won't improve to 60 FPS, but it will lock at 30 FPS, even if the original stuttered between 20 and 30. If the original game is unlocked, the game will run at a locked 60 FPS (99% of the time, at least).

If the original game targets a locked 30 FPS, the game won't improve to 60 FPS, but it will lock at 30 FPS, even if the original stuttered between 20 and 30. If the original game is unlocked, the game will run at a locked 60 FPS (99% of the time, at least).
Watch DFs video. Uncapped games are generally hitting solid 60fps.
Cool just wondering for game like fallout4 that have bad framerates in some areas.

German reviewers getting their hands on the XsX, this is a good one as he shows a lot of gameplay, including Sekiro at 4k/60fps.

He also measures the noise while playing Rise of the Tomb Raider at about 33db, so whisper quiet.

Mentions he hasn't had any heat issues and shows off elements of the UI that he probably shouldn't have, too.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Tom Warren playing Apex Legends on the XSX, he is shit at the game btw. Very frustrating to watch

Last edited by a moderator:

German reviewers getting their hands on the XsX, this is a good one as he shows a lot of gameplay, including Sekiro at 4k/60fps.

He also measures the noise while playing Rise of the Tomb Raider at about 33db, so whisper quiet.

Mentions he hasn't had any heat issues and shows off elements of the UI that he probably shouldn't have, too.

What elements of the UI mate? Just watched it and all I saw was the library of games?

Top Bottom