• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase Announced for June 11 before the Starfield Show

Hype check time!

• Phil won't let us down, he always delivers!

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • It won't be difficult to surpass the Sony shitshow in any case.

Votes: 65 47.8%
  • Phil my boy, this is your last chance of redemption.

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • It will suck, can't convince me otherwise.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • First-party stuff only or bust!

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Topher

Gold Member
this is microsoft we're talking about here. You're setting yourself up for disappointment anticipating anything more than starfield and maybe forza.

Don't worry. Between Redfall and this shit "PlayStation" showcase........it is impossible for my expectations to be any lower.

At least Nintendo knows what the fuck they are doing still.

Gone

Banned
And Microsoft cannot possibly have a worse show than that.
IN8cJwA.jpg

Darsxx82

We know for sure Starfield is there, Forza will be there, I hope to hell Avowed is there. Fable is a toss-up.

Let's see. The ball is in MS's court now.
Sure Hellblade 2 Will be there too. I don't know if it will be a game to everyone's liking but graphically it will be a powerful game.

There are third-party timed exclusive games that could be there and unannounced projects.

There are many projects in development and some with several years since their announcement. But, as seen in the case of Sony, the question is whether or not they are ready to be shown, since it is more than clear that AAA games require more and more years of development.

Wulfer

It's certainly possible MS fumbles the ball, but it would take an effort to put out a worse show.
Did Sony have a show today? Sorry, I could get past Splatoon and Mario with swords. Spiderman did what Spiderman does it impressed. I thought MS would have to be looking at what they need to balance the show after Sony's. Now, I'm concerned they'll pull content out because it isn't needed.

Last edited:
Did Sony have a show today? Sorry, I could get past Splatoon and Mario with swords. Spiderman did what Spiderman does it impressed. I thought MS would have to be looking at what they need to balance the show after Sony's. Now, I'm concerned they'll pull content out because it isn't needed.
Bro these shows were set in stone weeks ago. The "This is how PS4 shares games," is likely the last spur of the moment video we're going to ever see.

Wulfer

Bro these shows were set in stone weeks ago. The "This is how PS4 shares games," is likely the last spur of the moment video we're going to ever see.
That's isn't how the videogame industry operates. There is always room for surprises especially if you have almost a month to prepare for something. I myself loved seeing Alan Wake II!

Last edited:

splattered

I don't have high hopes for this show but i wouldn't mind being surprised... i'm sort of falling out of love with videogames lately though. I play stuff like Fortnite sometimes with my kids for fun more than anything on my own. Getting old and this gen is just really ... i dunno.

Vognerful

Just finished watching the Sony show. Things that caught my attention:

• Immortals of Aveum
  • Phantom Blade
  • Sword of the Sea
  • the Talos principles
  • MGS of course
  • Granblue Fantasy
  • Marathon

all in all, I would say PC players are eating well.

Bridges

Sony show was not the reckoning I was expecting it to be, Microsoft has a prime chance to actually have the better showing for the first time in a long time. If they finally show a first party lineup worth caring about they're golden.

Now let's all watch as they fail to do so.

feynoob

Banned
Obviously not, but gameplay fundamentally will be the same.
Which is what is was referring too.
It will be much improved due to the delay.
But mostly, it will be like skyrim showcase. Full dive of the game and what you can do.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Obviously not, but gameplay fundamentally will be the same.
Which is what is was referring too.

Well, yes, it will be fundamentally the same first and third person RPG with shooting and jet packing and some space flying. The years delay wasn't to change the kind of game Starfield is.

But, hopefully, it will have a good showing for what it is.

All Microsoft would need is an actual gameplay demonstration of starfield and Avowed or fable and it will already be better than the garbage sony show we got. Microsoft have a good chance to get some positive mindshare here. They need to take this chance.

Last edited:

Bkdk

All MS has to do is show starfield. avowed, fable, cyberpunk dlc and don't show qte gameplay and they will have a better showing than sony. They could just make it a 30 mins show and don't waste viewers' time if they don't have anything more to show.

xbox has a historical chance to get some ground. Sony showcase was really fucking bad.
Sadly in most of those cases, xbox follows sony lead in dire times.

Hope this time they will deliver.

The bar is so fecking low.

Xbox can literally just open and close the show with a 1 minute gameplay clip of Hellblade 2 and it would be x10 times better than PS Showcase.

This is by far the worst PS Showcase this gen and we were made to wait 2 years for the shower of shit they served up today.

Fredrik

One not-E3 show down, okay-ish. Again I won’t board any choo choo hype train thing and set me up for disappointment. Hoping MS watch the reactions from the Sony showcase and understand that even hardcore fans can and will roast them if they mess up and don’t show enough 1st party stuff. Just over two weeks left.

Sanepar

One not-E3 show down, okay-ish. Again I won’t board any choo choo hype train thing and set me up for disappointment. Hoping MS watch the reactions from the Sony showcase and understand that even hardcore fans can and will roast them if they mess up and don’t show enough 1st party stuff. Just over two weeks left.
That is usually the diff, xbox fans in general accept anything with few exceptions(like me), I'm a fan of both, Sony was a total disaster and MS has ball on it's court one more time.

Fredrik

That is usually the diff, xbox fans in general accept anything with few exceptions(like me), I'm a fan of both, Sony was a total disaster and MS has ball on it's court one more time.
It was not a total disaster, I saw a handful of games I wanted to play and more will come. And let’s be real, MS still has to hit it out the park to even begin to change anything. Disappointed PS fans won’t rush out to buy a XSX because of this show even if MS show something extremely cool. Pay attention to how the core PS fans here talk after Microsoft’s and Bethesda’s show and throw some quotes in my face if I’m wrong.

Xbox can easily win the showcase show this year. If it anything like the one from last year and that everything that is shown is 90% game pass day 1. They easily win this. Phantom blade and dragon dogma was the only thing hype me up on PlayStation showcase.

adamsapple

Don't forget that they announced a Fallout 4 next-gen patch last year.

We'll probably get a release date for it, or maybe even a 'and it's live tonight' update for it at the Xbox showcase.

Also looking forward to that, having recently replayed Fallout 3 at 4K/60 FPS on Series X.

Mr Hyde

Is CDPR gonna show off Phantom Liberty on this showcase? Or was it Summer game fest? Would be nice if they have some sort of complete edition in the works.

adamsapple

“The Xbox Games Showcase is your look at the new games from Xbox Game Studios, Bethesda, leading creators, and partners from around the globe coming to Xbox, Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass.”

New game*s* from XGS, Bethesda ...

A man can dream about a new Wolfenstein.

Salivating Homer Simpson GIF

Last edited:

adamsapple

That music a distinct Fable vibe to it... don't play with my heart, Phillip X. Spencer.

That's because it *is* music from Fable.

It's either a very heavy handed hint or a deliberate troll, lol.

Based on whatever we've gotten on Fable last year, it feels like its way too early for the Fable reboot to have a public showing. But I'm welcome to be surprised.

Last edited:
Top Bottom