• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox business Showcase Announced for February 15

jwaxeman

Do they realize going multiplatform won't save them ? and saying this announcement on the podcast even more failure.
Dunno what you mean by "won't save them," I mean sure in terms of hardware, they need to do something more radical to carve out a niche. But Microsoft is perfectly capable of making a boatload of money publishing games, especially multiplatform.

Draugoth

Gold Member
BREAKING!

The cover art for the podcast has just leaked, and In the interests of all involved it looks like Phil has secured a podcast host that will absolutely not let him get away with spouting propaganda unchallenged.

D0mrNU6.png

eklzIAH.jpeg

Shin-Ra

Interestingly, that's exactly the framerate it will run at on PS5. 9TF can't cope.

/s
Depends if they keep the realtime CE/Anniversary graphics switching 😉 and if you like punching dead bodies until the blood spatters layer up nice ‘n deep!

Porting even just one game from MCC could be opening a whole new can of worms.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Halo Infinite on Playstation would be a big shock, regardless of the games quality it would be nuts seeing Halo on any other platform.

Halo is a step too far.

That's Microsoft's flagship franchise. It's Mario. When you think of Halo, you think of Xbox.

I have no inside knowledge, but I'm 100% sure Halo will never be on a Sony or Nintendo console.

Halo is a step too far.

That's Microsoft's flagship franchise. It's Mario. When you think of Halo, you think of Xbox.

I have no inside knowledge, but I'm 100% sure Halo will never be on a Sony or Nintendo console.

It’s already on PC, mobile/cloud.

The narrative is “when everyone plays, we all win” right?

Last edited:

Astray

Gold Member
Halo is a step too far.

So was Sonic.

Ev1L AuRoN

If Phil just denies the rumors, I'll be pissed, that can be solved with a single tweet. To call it business showcase, I'm expecting Microsoft to announce some big changes, maybe a megaton like game pass on Switch, although I'm doubtful of that ever happening.

Halo is a step too far.

Maybe, but I don’t think most people feel this way anymore. Halo today is nowhere near what Halo used to be, and now all the console companies have games on other platforms. Even Mario you mentioned, I can play on my iPhone. Idk what Sonys version of Mario is but you can probably play it on PC.

I think MS should put it and anything else on PS/Switch. Whatever gets revenue pouring in and Xbox hardware and services going.

IDKFA

So was Sonic.
Sega went bust. That's why Sonic now appears on every platform because there is no SEGA console. Microsoft are not going bust.

Maybe, but I don’t think most people feel this way anymore. Halo today is nowhere near what Halo used to be, and now all the console companies have games on other platforms. Even Mario you mentioned, I can play on my iPhone. Idk what Sonys version of Mario is but you can probably play it on PC.

I think MS should put it and anything else on PS/Switch. Whatever gets revenue pouring in and Xbox hardware and services going.

Not going to happen. Halo is the crown jewel, even if it hasn't been at its best for a number of years, it's still the franchise associated with Xbox.

Mario having a free mobile game isn't the same. The equivalent would be Nintendo porting their mainline Mario games onto PlayStation and/or Xbox, which we can agree is absurd. Same applies here.

XXL

bender

What time is it?
There isnt a dedicated port team for it, although maybe the MCC devs have a group going.

But there is a team working on the next project, and saying its coming to more platforms isn't new information in the slightest.

Halo CE on Switch when?

please-cat.gif

IDKFA

There isnt a dedicated port team for it, although maybe the MCC devs have a group going.

But there is a team working on the next project, and saying its coming to more platforms isn't new information in the slightest.

Wow. Okay. It sounds like you're the real deal according to Topher Topher in which case apologises for doubting you.

Halo on PlayStation would be wild. Maybe Xbox is going full third-party?

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Depending on how you look at this, none of this is bad. As you said, its good for the industry.

But let's not pretend here... because what may be good for the industry, and good for Microsoft, may just not be good for Xbox. And if these rumors turn out to be true, that's exactly what happens.

If there is a shift, its that they start making "some" of their games available on other platforms. Now what the ignorant and/or naive fail to see, is that the only reason they do that at all is that whatever they have been doing to this point (releasing exclusively on Xbox/PC and gamepass), simply has not worked. Those platforms are not enough to sustain them. Hence why a need for a strategy change.

And if that is true, and the reason why this change is happening, then why does anyone think it would stop at just the games they announce this week? Like doing it just for these 2 or 3 games suddenly solves all their problems and they can pack up all the dev kits they have acquired and send them to storage? That's even more stupid than not seeing what kinda Pandora box day 1 gamepass was opening.

But that is not even the interesting part... what is interesting, is that with some common sense, you can extrapolate from here where things go. And if you do so, without any head-in-the-sky reasoning, or fanboyism, you arrive at one conclusion down the road, and that's; that what is good for Microsoft, is not necessarily good for Xbox.

Totally agree. This is about making money and a clear sign that the board of Directors and Microsoft has lost trust in XBOX, with rumors that huge projects are being reassigned to other Microsoft divisions.

If I had to guess, layoffs are coming.

All this back and forth about Halo is showing is that, if it truly is the face of Xbox as some claim, then its slide into irrelevancy can be fully conflated with Xbox's similar slide; a face that aged like milk.

Crash Bandicoot is a Microsoft IP now. I can play a Mario game or Pokemon game on my phone. You can play God of War, Horizon, and Spider-Man all on Steam. These games may be sacred cows for their respective console manufacturers to some, but the folks who feel this way need to wake up and realize that the business of games have long evolved past the necessities of console mascots. We haven't lived in that business reality for at least a decade now.

Mr. Mean

Neo Member
Is this an attempt to be "open and transparent"? I've never before seen a company announce possibly big news and changes via a podcast

TrippleA345

All this back and forth about Halo is showing is that, if it truly is the face of Xbox as some claim, then its slide into irrelevancy can be fully conflated with Xbox's similar slide; a face that aged like milk.

Crash Bandicoot is a Microsoft IP now. I can play a Mario game or Pokemon game on my phone. You can play God of War, Horizon, and Spider-Man all on Steam. These games may be sacred cows for their respective console manufacturers to some, but the folks who feel this way need to wake up and realize that the business of games have long evolved past the necessities of console mascots. We haven't lived in that business reality for at least a decade now.
I am expecting multiple rounds of layoffs to hit Microsoft Games over the next 24-36 months.
Tea Tell Us GIF by TV Land

Last edited:
Top Bottom