• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Switch 2 continue Switch's success?

Can the Switch 2 continue Switch's success?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lachesis

I think it will be a success in the beginning. Switch has been a big success, and riding off the success of previous one is a big advantage.

But the longevity of that success - is not yet unknown. Depending on games and output, especially their own 1st party games. Metroid will be a decent launch title, as they have been sitting on it for so long… (cross gen?) - but it’s more western audience focused game, and also a bit off their more “all-age” target. Maybe a new 3d Mario, or Zelda (probably a remake) may do the job but will have to see. Who knows what they have in their sleeves? I am guessing some big 3rd party games will get ports from past few yrs for the newer more powerful hardware initially…

In any case - since their eggs are all in one basket unlike WiiU/3DS or Wii/DS or GC/GBA…stakes are much higher. It will be a very challenging and risky one for sure… and I hope they would deliver.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Been thinking about this recently.

If they stick with the same principles as the Switch and add some new features (Full BC with Switch software) then I'm certain this will at least be as successful as the Switch.

Also, please bring back the VC.

danklord

Gold Member
The Mario movie was kind of a world-beating success and it's the first in a new series of features from Nintendo, ensuring the next generation grows up with Mario as their favorite character. Meanwhile, legacy fans continue to grow older and have higher disposable income to dedicate to gaming. Nintendo keeps feeding all demographics with quality content while defending their pricing at every level.

Analysis: you aint seen nothin yet

Last edited:
I don’t think there’s much of any chance that Switch 2 is was going to outdo the original, especially being at a higher price point. Just like with PS5 versus PS4. I think that there’s room for PlayStation and Nintendo systems to do really really well commercially, even if they don’t match their predecessors.

That hasn't always worked out. The Wii U had great games but was a huge flop.
It is possible to make hardware so incredibly unappealing, that even your games stop selling. Nintendo learned that the hard way with Wii U for sure, and to a lesser extent, GameCube.

Last edited:
Top Bottom