• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Smith to Star in Tencent Free-to-Play Survival RPG Undawn

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
When Tencent's Undawn launches on June 15, players will be able to team up with each other to defeat mobs of enemies on mobile and PC.

Tencent confirmed Will Smith's role in Undawn with a YouTube video highlighting the character and some brief interactions that he has in the open-world environment developed by Lightspeed Studios. The video begins with Smith's character gearing up to protect himself against a wave of enemies swarming him that are dispatched with an AR before slamming one to the ground. A much larger monster with orange spikes on its back narrowly misses the gun-wielding Smith who slides out of the way in time to defeat the enemy and reveal the detail that went into his character design with a zoomed-in shot.

bitbydeath

duel-slap.gif

StereoVsn

increase stun chance, critical hit
unlock new slapping combos
slapping speed and range ++
elemental slapping

equipping gloves increase slapping stats!!!
Let's not forget possibility to spec into the backhand slap tree specialization.

Possibilities are endless.

slap-dave.gif

That youtube pic looks quite close to I am Legend poster. But this just happens to be Will Smith and is not officially associated?

nemiroff

Gold Member
I can't stand celebrities in both movies and games, especially because I have an issue with "unseeing" / disassociating. If I play this game my brain will be mostly preoccupied with "The Slap Man!".

SJRB

Gold Member
Watching Lirik play this right now and this game is fucking wild. It's a bizarre blend between Days Gone and the Division, I guess? There seems to be a ton going on but everything is as shallow as a puddle. And it looks like dogshit because it's both on PC and mobile.

There was an objective to go to the base and sleep, and I swear to god an NPC started singing and it turned unto a fully animated Disney sequence.

Amazing.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Will Smith cannot longer recover his prestige, since the Oscars.

I totally lost him with the slap.

He ruined his career himself.

Dude thinking he's Negan 🤣

yep... sounds like hollywood have blacklisted him lol

Yeah but part of it is pretty messed up when you think about some of the people they never blacklisted or protected for a long time, like Woody Allen and Roman Polanski.

Also was kinda weird to see the movie review score outlet (whichever one gives the star reviews on movies you find on the Dish TV or Direct TV, Cox etc. movie listings on film channels) lowered the Bad Boys For Life and Men in Black 3 scores from 4 starts to 2 1/2. And that happened after "the slap". Kinda shows how shoddy those review scores are and that they are predicated more on popularity, marketing, and good optics more than the actual quality of the film (and in games, we see the same issue with, say, Metacritic).

Like it took those idiots over three decades to give The Thing the 4 stars it deserved when they gave it 2 1/2 because Hollywood hated John Carpenter. So dumb.

Game is solid. If you like walking dead survival stuff it’s nice to have in your pocket. I’ve not seen Will yet. I didn’t even know he was in the game.

Lunarorbit

Damn that's some bad facial animation. I wouldn't have known that was will Smith unless the article told me.

So a lazy I am legend character model fighting a lazy abomination character model. No thanks.

Close your concentration camps China then maybe I'll play one of your games

Top Bottom