• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen PS4/XB1 |OT| They're master ports all, you can't go wrong

One quick question. I understand that the dlc drops items relating to the classes in the party but does that include rented pawns. I’m ranger and pawn is a sorcerer but have a ranger and mage as support. Got a really strong weapon for magic archer and consider switching but haven’t touched any magic vocation up to this point and I’m nearing late 80s level.

Can anyone explain to me how the online ur dragon works? I know it has a lot of hp, but does he stay alive until the community finally takes him down? Can I keep going back in over and over to do damage?

Finally hit level 200! Didn't think it was possible.

To celebrate this momentous occasion, I would like to pay it forward and gift out some bbi level 3 pre-purified weapons I have stashed.

If we are already friends, send me a message on psn. If not, add me on psn and I'll send out a batch tonight and another batch every 2-3 days until I'm out. Psn name is same as gaf name.

Thanks brother, I appreciate it.

sublimit

Banned
One quick question. I understand that the dlc drops items relating to the classes in the party but does that include rented pawns. I'm ranger and pawn is a sorcerer but have a ranger and mage as support. Got a really strong weapon for magic archer and consider switching but haven't touched any magic vocation up to this point and I'm nearing late 80s level.

Sorry i don't understand your question.

Can anyone explain to me how the online ur dragon works? I know it has a lot of hp, but does he stay alive until the community finally takes him down? Can I keep going back in over and over to do damage?

Yes you can keep going back and fighting him.After you fight him i think you need to rest for one night in order to make him appear again (i'm not 100% sure on that). The damage you do will be uploaded to the servers and eventually someone will manage to kill him.When that happens it enters "Grace Period" when he remains with very low HP for one hour until he respawns again with full health.

Sorry i don't understand your question.

Yes you can keep going back and fighting him.After you fight him i think you need to rest for one night in order to make him appear again (i'm not 100% sure on that). The damage you do will be uploaded to the servers and eventually someone will manage to kill him.When that happens it enters "Grace Period" when he remains with very low HP for one hour until he respawns again with full health.

Was some poor wording so will try again. Been told the bbi weapon drops are based on the parties vocation. Was wondering if this includes rented pawn vocations from other players. The other question was about becoming a Magick Archer since I’ve got a good weapon but haven’t spent a level in either mage or sorcerer and was wondering if this would mean I would make a poor Magick Archer.

Shifty

Anyway I've taken a break for a bit to play other things, at some point I'll be back to farm up those items to at least see the proper ending.

You should! The game goes very interesting places and does a good (imo) job of contextualizing all the crazy bullshit you've had to deal with up until that point.

sublimit

Banned
Was some poor wording so will try again. Been told the bbi weapon drops are based on the parties vocation. Was wondering if this includes rented pawn vocations from other players. The other question was about becoming a Magick Archer since I’ve got a good weapon but haven’t spent a level in either mage or sorcerer and was wondering if this would mean I would make a poor Magick Archer.

Good question about the BBI drops.I'm not 100% sure either but i think it depends on your main character and main pawn vocations.

As for the second question i say go for it.I assume you have maxed out Fighter and Strider so you will at least have good defense and stamina (two stats that MA suffers from). Personally I prefer to go Magic Archer (and Mystic Knight) after i max out Mage and Sorcerer in order to get the best augments from those classes as well as the maximum magic damage and defense stat growths.But that will obviously take a while.

Good question about the BBI drops.I'm not 100% sure either but i think it depends on your main character and main pawn vocations.

As for the second question i say go for it.I assume you have maxed out Fighter and Strider so you will at least have good defense and stamina (two stats that MA suffers from). Personally I prefer to go Magic Archer (and Mystic Knight) after i max out Mage and Sorcerer in order to get the best augments from those classes as well as the maximum magic damage and defense stat growths.But that will obviously take a while.

What’s the growth stats on mystik Archer. Doing the dlc right now and don’t think experimenting with magic is wise during this time so will probably avoid pure magic for the time being. Maxed warrior, strider and assassin and ranger. Left fighter on rank 8 I think. Will probably max it if there’s is a worthwhile augment to get.

sublimit

Banned
What’s the growth stats on mystik Archer. Doing the dlc right now and don’t think experimenting with magic is wise during this time so will probably avoid pure magic for the time being. Maxed warrior, strider and assassin and ranger. Left fighter on rank 8 I think. Will probably max it if there’s is a worthwhile augment to get.

The last fighter augment is Vehemence (increases your strength) which can be stacked with Clout (together they give +30% strength) but i think there are other augments that are more useful for archers.

gioGAF

Was some poor wording so will try again. Been told the bbi weapon drops are based on the parties vocation. Was wondering if this includes rented pawn vocations from other players. The other question was about becoming a Magick Archer since I've got a good weapon but haven't spent a level in either mage or sorcerer and was wondering if this would mean I would make a poor Magick Archer.

- Your vocation and your pawns vocation determine what you get when you purify BBI weapons/armor/gear.
- You can change to Magick Archer, most of their dagger skills are strength based. The bow will be a little weak. I just switched to Magick Archer (I'm level 200, strength based build), and it seems like I do competent damage with a Blackwing Bow + 20%/10% magic augments.

I am running out of Rift Crystals as well, those of you farming BBI, please hire my pawn. She is a Strider with good gear (except for the stupid bow, which seems to keep eluding me).

11.10.17 UPDATE

PSN ID: Akuma_818
Pawn name: Isabel
Pawn level: 200
Pawn vocation: Strider
Addition details: Please take my pawn along for bestiary/geography knowledge.

gioGAF

It looks like I'm the only one left here playing this game.

My pawn is mostly finished, I have all end game gear on her. Got a nice +Stamina, +Strength Master Ring to go along with her Strider Band.

I think I might end up caving and outfitting her with Oblivion gear, it is just too damn strong :-(

I will need those Rift Crystals, so please keep renting my pawn. If you do get a rent from me, let me know how many Rift Crystals you receive. I just want to know how much a rented pawn receives from my "normal" rented pawn loop. Thanks!

It looks like I'm the only one left here playing this game.

My pawn is mostly finished, I have all end game gear on her. Got a nice +Stamina, +Strength Master Ring to go along with her Strider Band.

I think I might end up caving and outfitting her with Oblivion gear, it is just too damn strong :-(

I will need those Rift Crystals, so please keep renting my pawn. If you do get a rent from me, let me know how many Rift Crystals you receive. I just want to know how much a rented pawn receives from my "normal" rented pawn loop. Thanks!

I’m still kicking around. I got lucky with my pawn because I’ve hit 600000rc with people renting her. Just beat the second story boss in the dlc. Having terrible luck with bbi drops. I’m level 115 and read your post again. Not in my price range unfortunately.

ike_

You rented my pawn like 2-3 days ago and I think she came back with ~350,000 RCs so thanks for that! I took Isabel out a little last night but I'll take her on a longer tour tonight.

gioGAF

I’m still kicking around. I got lucky with my pawn because I’ve hit 600000rc with people renting her. Just beat the second story boss in the dlc. Having terrible luck with bbi drops. I’m level 115 and read your post again. Not in my price range unfortunately.
Send me a friend request (info in post above), you don't have to pay anything to rent a friend's pawn.

@ike_
Thanks for the info and the rent. I will keep your pawn in my rotation.

Top Bottom