• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding TGS 2019 Gameplay Session Volume 1 gameplay walkthrough | Breaking Down The Gameplay Video | Gameplay Session Volume 2

scalman

giphy.gif

hoverboard looks pretty dope. think it has Tony Hawk style balance mechanics?
means you cant travel like that wit all bags there . lol would be funy try to climb on top bags and balancing it

molasar

Banned
No one knows the answers to these questions apart from the shoddy architects that built this thing. Even then we're not completely sure because the head honcho doesn't fully get the game himself. But I'll have a go, purely from conjecture.

Mostly a mailman simulator
Rare encounters
Less micromanagement, more of the good stuff
Moon is one of the locations
Can't see a reason for them not to be
Maximum one per hour, minimum one per game
Strange question
Depends if you've enjoyed MGS writing
Strange question
Long bits of walking, long bits of playing in menus, long bits of boring cutscenes

The key word was 'everything' in my post. I only posted it because those who already do not like the game act like they know everything about it.
I was not looking for answers taken from common knowledge about the game.
BTW, I am still on a neutral side here.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: LMJ

scalman

remember how much you was walking runing in MGS 5 ?? so no surprises here i think. but then remember how large is Horizon Zero Dawn map and i was there mostly walking too, or days gone lots bike driving, then again as we saw on gameplay you can drive if you find transport there no problem too. so its a choice. other games dont give you much choice

#Phonepunk#

Banned
remember how much you was walking runing in MGS 5 ??
yes not that much TBH. all of the mission areas are only a minute or two walking distance of the helicopter drop offs. even then they give you instant vehicles you can call in anytime you want within the first few missions. you had cars, trucks, tanks, the walker gear, etc. many many options for traversal. that game didn't suffer from too much walking. in fact the very first mission gives you a horse that even does stealth.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The demo showed a bunch of mechanics but simply judging from what's been shown in other trailers, its barely scratching the surface of what the actual game is like to play. Especially so as the way it was presented was very much low-stakes compared to the apocalyptic and menacing contexts shown at other times.

And the stakes matter a great deal when there are so many survival-type mechanics to deal with. For example a wilderness area can be both beautiful and relaxing, and an inescapable nightmare if you find yourself in a weakened state with night closing in...

II_JumPeR_I

As expected looks so boring. Last Kojima game that was worth the hype IMO was MGS3. He lost it after that.

MGS5 was a chore to play and people blame Konami on everything but at the end it was Kojima not getting shit done.

Javthusiast

Banned
As expected looks so boring. Last Kojima game that was worth the hype IMO was MGS3. He lost it after that.

MGS5 was a chore to play and people blame Konami on everything but at the end it was Kojima not getting shit done.

Hey, how you gonna do Peace Walker dirty like that. xD

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i had a blast. played that game for 1000 hours. main missions ruled, you might cover more territory in one mission than you do in the entire MGS4. the side ops were a massive improvement over Peace Walker's reused maps, putting tanks, armored squads, and roaming helicopters all over the place: the "empty" space between main missions, on the side of mountains, in the sand dunes, at the ancient temple ruins, etc. the FOBs were incredible, but had a bad reputation, and people slept on them cos of some MT nontroversy. never did figure it out but I bet the playable area in the 6 FOB maps is close to the entire Plant chapter of MGS2. then there was Ground Zero's awesome Gitmo map, which I played for 50 hours. all that in a game he never finished. i don't think we have to worry about there being enough to do in this one.

Last edited:

scalman

reviews as allways worth nothing . boring = dont buy. noone asks anyone to buy game that its not for you and then cry river

GymWolf

200.gif

Nier Automata beautiful? It has the worst palette of colors I have ever seen in a videogame. The graphics are crap and despite the typical flashy emo anime protagonists, the enemies and the gameplay mechanics are boring and insipid.

Meaningful? It doesn't do anything new, it's not even that ambitious as a videogame.

Inspiring? It's female protagonist has inspired some hentai doujins, I'll give you that.
You talk like that because you have to finish the game 24957 times to get the good stuff, it's your fault...

Last edited:
I liked the second video more than the first, not my cup of tea, but at least today I laughed a lot and I had fun
Now I Won't see anything more, and will think if I'll go day one or not, but if I buy it, will be blind from now on

scalman

everyone waited for more gameplay , Kojima : hold my pee , ill show you what you do in your room now and how you pee outside , because its important

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I was kinda hoping it would be less reliant on gameplay mechanics and just walking across difficult terrain and watching a lot of story and meeting interesting characters.
But then again - I am a person who puts on podcast and drives around in Fuel(2009) to watch the views and relax.
That said - I still cannot wait to see it on my shelf.

Last edited:
Top Bottom