• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Gamepass lead to bad filler videogames like Netflix has done to tv shows?

Ozriel

M$FT
That's what I mean though, those 6/7 out of 10 games that aren't that great and are only 3-4 hours long people have changed their opinions on because "why not, it's on gamepass". Short low production games seem likely and episodes are a real possibility.

The Gunk is an indie, AA title.

Where’s the logic in your assumptions that the bulk of Microsoft’s AAA teams will switch over to short, AA games? How does that reconcile with Microsoft’s increased investment in AAA content?

Or the well know fact that consumers require quality content to retain subscriptions?

reksveks

Or the well know fact that consumers require quality content to retain subscriptions?
Just want to be pedantic here.

Or the well known fact that subscription services require variety including high production value content to retain subscribers.

That's how I would word it. quality is a more subjective term.

I am now thinking if there is a sports ( aka EPL) analogy to gaming subscription services and if that's just cod/fifa but that doesn't work cause those games have never been 'exclusive' to a subscription service. Bit of a weird tangent that my mind went on.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
how is the gunk a bad game when most people who played it enjoyed their time with it?

Because it's not a 10 out of 10 "masterpiece"?
I didn’t like the Gunk, I love that type of AA 3D game though.

It’s very pretty but the core gameplay loop was just very monotonous.

I wouldn’t say it was a ‘bad’ game though.

Three

“It wasn’t a masterpiece so it was bad”
I'll be sure to run my opinion by you before posting . Jesus, some of you will defend anything just because it's on your plastic boxes subscription service.

The Gunk is an indie, AA title.

Where’s the logic in your assumptions that the bulk of Microsoft’s AAA teams will switch over to short, AA games? How does that reconcile with Microsoft’s increased investment in AAA content?

What the fuck are you even talking about?

I just said episodic content will likely happen on the service at some stage because people subscribed have a different opinion about games that are short and don't push the envelope forward now.

Where did I say anything about AAA teams switching to short AA indie games?

You've lost it in your defensiveness.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Or they could just significantly expand the size of their first party teams to ensure there’s a constant stream of content.

Oh wait, they did.

You do know that Netflix has a weekly content release cycle. MS buying a couple Studios is not what's going to get them enough content. Starfield is in development for how long?

They will not get more people to do games that take 5+ year to develop, its going to be more people with more games at like 1-2years of dev time max. And the quality will suffer. See Netflix. This will only show itself for games starting dev. in 2022, like I said all the Activision games have been started way before the takeover, way before GS was the clear goal. This will change in time.

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
"bad filler video games like netfilx has done to tv shows"

Thats how I feel when I play Quantic Dream games

Boss Mog

Quality is sure to dip when having a great game isn't a requirement to generate revenue on gamepass (and yes, I know there are engagement metrics involved in generating revenue on gamepass). Just the fact that MS thought it would be cool to release their most iconic franchise in little pieces shows you the impact of gamepass. If Halo Infinite had been stand-alone only, I doubt MS would've just had the multiplayer at launch then a bit later the campaign, then a few months later coop campaign and forge. People wouldn't have gone along with paying 60-70 bucks to get a game dished out to them in pieces they'd have to wait months for. But since the game is on gamepass it's okay since it's "free".

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
You do know that Netflix has a weekly content release cycle. MS buying a couple Studios is not what's going to get them enough content. Starfield is in development for how long?

They will not get more people to do games that take 5+ year to develop, its going to be more people with more games at like 1-2years of dev time max. And the quality will suffer. See Netflix.
Or, perhaps they plan on having enough studios to be able to fill the gaps whilst Elder scrolls and other RPGs are being made.

Or are you saying that the age of the large western rpg is done?

Three

What does this even mean?
Exactly as it says. It means 3-4 hour games that aren't that innovative/groundbreaking or that good people are changing their opinions on because "why not, it's on gamepass". Whereas in the past these games would fail or be received poorly. This opens the door for short episodic content games that might not do so well commercially if it weren't for "why not, it's on gamepass".

Last edited:

Södy

I hope we'll see more 10~15 hours games that are better thought than 40 hours games with lots of padding that get boring really fast. I think Game Pass has the opportunity to fix an issue I see in this industry (at least for my taste).

This. I rather play a 10 hour "good" game, than an "AAA masterpiece", that is excellent for 20 hours before repeating the same stuff for 20 more hours until I hate it.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Or, perhaps they plan on having enough studios to be able to fill the gaps whilst Elder scrolls and other RPGs are being made.

I would be saying that the current climate and state of the service is 1.) still in invest mode to maximise subscribers growth not maximum profit margins and 2.) it is not the primary/default way to deliver content to gamers in MS platforms or Xbox… games get out on GamePass, they are not designed for it from conception. Is GamePass friendly/compatible with a GaaS push that is happening already though? Yes.

Do subscription services where customers pay for the service and expect a steady stream of perceptually free content risk devaluing price perception / perceived games costs? Yes. Do game change when they are designed for an economy where people’s perceived value / price they are willing to pay upfront for a game change? Yes.

We have seen it happen on the App Store on mobile, it is the same argument Nintendo also was making about perceived game value. Not sure what about it is surprising: saying that a game that expects to make any revenue after you start playing it is designed differently than a game that starts making revenue when you purchase it should not be a shocking fact. People can deny it until it is common place and then just switch to “it is progress mate, it is how things are, just deal with it” once it is there and cannot be denied anymore.

sankt-Antonio

Put yourself in their position. More games lead to more subscribers. What would you do? Its a business.

The more dev studios they have the more opportunity to release more content. On Netflix 100mill movies get drowned out days after release never to be seen on the front page again, pushed away by more trash. The amount of 100mill movies made by Netflix is 5, amount of trash? A bazillion?

It's just the reality of a service like that. Quality isn't the actual driving force, IP and amount of content is. Do you care about MC scores if you don't have to pay for a game and can just test it out yourself?

Goalus

If they're really going to be the Netflix of gaming, almost all the content MS will fund a few years down the road will be low effort rubbish to pad out the schedule and keep the screen zombies engaged. Thats just how the incentives are aligned with these streaming services.
Game Pass will lead to the avoidance of $70 games that come with predatory microtransactions (which could lead to an 1.6 metacritic user score).

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
Exactly as it says. It means 3-4 hour games that aren't that innovative/groundbreaking or that good people are changing their opinions on because "why not, it's on gamepass". Whereas in the past these games would fail or be received poorly. This opens the door for short episodic content games that might not do so well commercially if it weren't for "why not, it's on gamepass".
Trying a small game because it is on gamepass doesn’t mean anything. Especially when games are still available to buy.

Your concerns could be warranted if games become available via subscription only

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
Put yourself in their position. More games lead to more subscribers. What would you do? Its a business.

The more dev studios they have the more opportunity to release more content. On Netflix 100mill movies get drowned out days after release never to be seen on the front page again, pushed away by more trash. The amount of 100mill movies made by Netflix is 5, amount of trash? A bazillion?

It's just the reality of a service like that. Quality isn't the actual driving force, IP and amount of content is. Do you care about MC scores if you don't have to pay for a game and can just test it out yourself?
Yes or no, the western RPG is dead or not?

Three

Trying a small game because it is on gamepass mean anything. Especially when games are still available to buy.

Your concerns could be warranted if games become available via subscription only
What are you even saying here? You've lost me.

sankt-Antonio

Yes or no, the western RPG is dead or not?
This point is irrelevant, I argue that the quality will suffer in the long run. You will get a thousand RPGs.

Just to get a point across, this is Netflix original content release for a single month.

April 1
Apollo 1o ½: A Space Age Childhood (NETFLIX FILM)
Battle: Freestyle (NETFLIX FILM)
The Bubble (NETFLIX FILM)
Captain Nova (NETFLIX FAMILY)
Celeb Five: Behind the Curtain (NETFLIX COMEDY)
Forever Out of My League (NETFLIX FILM)
Get Organized with The Home Edit: Season 2 (NETFLIX SERIES)
The Last Bus (NETFLIX FAMILY)
Tomorrow (NETFLIX SERIES)
Trivia Quest (NETFLIX SERIES)
Ronny Chieng: Speakeasy (NETFLIX COMEDY)
April 6
Furioza (NETFLIX FILM)
Green Mothers’ Club (NETFLIX SERIES)
Jimmy Savile: A British Horror Story (NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY)
Michela Giraud: the Truth, I Swear! (NETFLIX COMEDY)
The Ultimatum: Marry or Move On (NETFLIX SERIES)
April 7
Queen of the South: Season 5
Return to Space
(NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY)
Senzo: Murder of a Soccer Star (NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY)
April 8
Dancing on Glass (NETFLIX FILM)
Dirty Lines (NETFLIX SERIES)
Elite: Season 5 (NETFLIX SERIES)
Green Eggs and Ham: Season 2 (NETFLIX FAMILY)
Metal Lords (NETFLIX FILM)
Tiger & Bunny 2 (NETFLIX ANIME)
Yaksha: Ruthless Operations (NETFLIX FILM)
April 9
My Liberation Notes (NETFLIX SERIES)
Our Blues (NETFLIX SERIES)
April 12
Hard Cell (NETFLIX SERIES)
The Creature Cases (NETFLIX FAMILY)
April 13
Almost Happy: Season 2 (NETFLIX SERIES)
Our Great National Parks (NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY)
Smother-in-Law (NETFLIX SERIES)
Today We Fix the World (NETFLIX FILM)
April 14
Ultraman: Season 2 (NETFLIX ANIME)
April 15
Anatomy of a Scandal (NETFLIX SERIES)
Choose or Die (NETFLIX FILM)
Heirs to the Land (NETFLIX SERIES)
Mai (NETFLIX SERIES)
April 16
Man of God (NETFLIX FILM)
April 19
Battle Kitty (NETFLIX FAMILY)
Pacific Rim: The Black: Season 2 (NETFLIX ANIME)
White Hot: The Rise & Fall of Abercrombie & Fitch (NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY)
April 20
The Marked Heart (NETFLIX SERIES)
Russian Doll: Season 2 (NETFLIX SERIES)
The Turning Point (NETFLIX FILM)
Yakamoz S-245 (NETFLIX SERIES)
April 21
All About Gila (NETFLIX COMEDY)
He’s Expecting (NETFLIX SERIES)
April 22
Along for the Ride (NETFLIX FILM)
Heartstopper (NETFLIX SERIES)
Selling Sunset: Season 5 (NETFLIX SERIES)
The Seven Lives of Lea (NETFLIX SERIES)
April 26
David Spade: Nothing Personal (NETFLIX COMEDY)
April 27
Bullsh*t The Game Show (NETFLIX SERIES)
The Mystery of Marilyn Monroe: The Unheard Tapes (NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY)
Silverton Siege (NETFLIX FILM)
April 28
Samurai Rabbit: The Usagi Chronicles (NETFLIX FAMILY)
Bubble (NETFLIX ANIME)
April 29
Grace and Frankie: Season 7 - The Final Episodes (NETFLIX SERIES)
Honeymoon with My Mother (NETFLIX FILM)
Ozark: Season 4 Part 2 (NETFLIX SERIES)
Rumspringa (NETFLIX FILM)

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

No... 🤷‍♂️
Tn7ZuQa.jpg

ee0.jpg

Ozriel

M$FT

They will not get more people to do games that take 5+ year to develop, its going to be more people with more games at like 1-2years of dev time max. And the quality will suffer. See Netflix. This will only show itself for games starting dev. in 2022, like I said all the Activision games have been started way before the takeover, way before GS was the clear goal. This will change in time.

Yeah, this just sounds like you’re having a bad fever 😃
Because nothing you’ve posted there has a basis in reality. Imagine claiming that Activision will be changed to an AA developer.

Microsoft doesn’t want or need weekly content, and they certainly haven’t changed the ways they make games post Gamepass. Because - as common sense should tell you - their games still sell millions in retail and will always be geared to retail too.

It should be far cheaper to raise $299 or $499 for an xbox than this weird and baseless scaremongering you’re engaged in.

Did you just describe Gamepass as a ‘streaming service’ ?
😂😂😂
Phil himself compared it to Netflix all the time, this is what his stated goal is: https://www.tomsguide.com/news/xbox-game-pass-phil-spencer-interview

Or they could just significantly expand the size of their first party teams to ensure there’s a constant stream of content.

Oh wait, they did.
The content has not arrived yet, we can expect a lot of gaas type games to fill the release schedule. Just like Halo:I did last year, very short term deal with heavy PR, tons of youtubers "support", short term fun, mostly in the media in the form of console wars.

Barakov

If they're really going to be the Netflix of gaming, almost all the content MS will fund a few years down the road will be low effort rubbish to pad out the schedule and keep the screen zombies engaged. Thats just how the incentives are aligned with these streaming services.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

reksveks

Phil himself compared it to Netflix all the time, this is what his stated goal is: https://www.tomsguide.com/news/xbox-game-pass-phil-spencer-interview

Swisher was not the first to compare Xbox Game Pass to a “Netflix for video games.” Spencer both agreed and disagreed with this assessment.

“Your cloud gaming model’s a Netflix for video games, correct?” Swisher asked.

“From a streaming standpoint, it is,” Spencer replied. “I’d say the difference for us is in the business model of — you can buy every game that’s available on the subscription, which is a little different than a music subscription or a movie subscription"

There is nuance that people want to ignore also Swisher does the initial comparison.

Leyasu

Banned
I would be saying that the current climate and state of the service is 1.) still in invest mode to maximise subscribers growth not maximum profit margins and 2.) it is not the primary/default way to deliver content to gamers in MS platforms or Xbox… games get out on GamePass, they are not designed for it from conception. Is GamePass friendly/compatible with a GaaS push that is happening already though? Yes.

Do subscription services where customers pay for the service and expect a steady stream of perceptually free content risk devaluing price perception / perceived games costs? Yes. Do game change when they are designed for an economy where people’s perceived value / price they are willing to pay upfront for a game change? Yes.

We have seen it happen on the App Store on mobile, it is the same argument Nintendo also was making about perceived game value. Not sure what about it is surprising: saying that a game that expects to make any revenue after you start playing it is designed differently than a game that starts making revenue when you purchase it should not be a shocking fact. People can deny it until it is common place and then just switch to “it is progress mate, it is how things are, just deal with it” once it is there and cannot be denied anymore.
I don’t know what we have seen on the App Store. The perceived devaluing of games because you can download them for a monthly fee is nothing but fanboy bullshit that was repeated after Jim used it as an excuse as to why Sony wouldn’t do it.

If Microsoft or anyone else pulls the opportunity to sell their games, meaning that they are only available on a sub service then throws out shovelware will be toast.

The “concern” is overblown as usual.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
That's what I mean though, those 6/7 out of 10 games that aren't that great and are only 3-4 hours long people have changed their opinions on because "why not, it's on gamepass". Short low production games seem likely and episodes are a real possibility.

But those games existed anyway?

And surely, if there was suddenly more of these games because of how people want to spend their time and choosing to play them on game pass, the quality would have to increase or people wouldn't choose to play them and the number one metric for this stuff is players and MAU. So tbh with you....to me it sounds like nothing but a positive.

It's not like the industry is doing too well with these 5 to 6 year developed games that cost 100s of millions and all copy similar formulas.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
It was brought up a lot in the Halo Infinite reviews,people are willing to overlook flaws because they literally got it for 1 dollar.

That's the problem we will see a lot and maybe even with Xbox Game studios. People will value certain games less, and take half-ass games like Halo Infinite for granted, because they didn't pay full price for them. People can therefore very quickly move on to the next game without giving a shit about the other product.

Leyasu

Banned
This point is irrelevant, I argue that the quality will suffer in the long run. You will get a thousand RPGs.

Just to get a point across, this is Netflix original content release for a single month.

April 1
Apollo 1o ½: A Space Age Childhood (NETFLIX FILM)
Battle: Freestyle (NETFLIX FILM)
The Bubble (NETFLIX FILM)
Captain Nova (NETFLIX FAMILY)
Celeb Five: Behind the Curtain (NETFLIX COMEDY)
Forever Out of My League (NETFLIX FILM)
Get Organized with The Home Edit: Season 2 (NETFLIX SERIES)
The Last Bus (NETFLIX FAMILY)
Tomorrow (NETFLIX SERIES)
Trivia Quest (NETFLIX SERIES)
Ronny Chieng: Speakeasy (NETFLIX COMEDY)
April 6
Furioza (NETFLIX FILM)
Green Mothers’ Club (NETFLIX SERIES)
Jimmy Savile: A British Horror Story (NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY)
Michela Giraud: the Truth, I Swear! (NETFLIX COMEDY)
The Ultimatum: Marry or Move On (NETFLIX SERIES)
April 7
Queen of the South: Season 5
Return to Space
(NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY)
Senzo: Murder of a Soccer Star (NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY)
April 8
Dancing on Glass (NETFLIX FILM)
Dirty Lines (NETFLIX SERIES)
Elite: Season 5 (NETFLIX SERIES)
Green Eggs and Ham: Season 2 (NETFLIX FAMILY)
Metal Lords (NETFLIX FILM)
Tiger & Bunny 2 (NETFLIX ANIME)
Yaksha: Ruthless Operations (NETFLIX FILM)
April 9
My Liberation Notes (NETFLIX SERIES)
Our Blues (NETFLIX SERIES)
April 12
Hard Cell (NETFLIX SERIES)
The Creature Cases (NETFLIX FAMILY)
April 13
Almost Happy: Season 2 (NETFLIX SERIES)
Our Great National Parks (NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY)
Smother-in-Law (NETFLIX SERIES)
Today We Fix the World (NETFLIX FILM)
April 14
Ultraman: Season 2 (NETFLIX ANIME)
April 15
Anatomy of a Scandal (NETFLIX SERIES)
Choose or Die (NETFLIX FILM)
Heirs to the Land (NETFLIX SERIES)
Mai (NETFLIX SERIES)
April 16
Man of God (NETFLIX FILM)
April 19
Battle Kitty (NETFLIX FAMILY)
Pacific Rim: The Black: Season 2 (NETFLIX ANIME)
White Hot: The Rise & Fall of Abercrombie & Fitch (NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY)
April 20
The Marked Heart (NETFLIX SERIES)
Russian Doll: Season 2 (NETFLIX SERIES)
The Turning Point (NETFLIX FILM)
Yakamoz S-245 (NETFLIX SERIES)
April 21
All About Gila (NETFLIX COMEDY)
He’s Expecting (NETFLIX SERIES)
April 22
Along for the Ride (NETFLIX FILM)
Heartstopper (NETFLIX SERIES)
Selling Sunset: Season 5 (NETFLIX SERIES)
The Seven Lives of Lea (NETFLIX SERIES)
April 26
David Spade: Nothing Personal (NETFLIX COMEDY)
April 27
Bullsh*t The Game Show (NETFLIX SERIES)
The Mystery of Marilyn Monroe: The Unheard Tapes (NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY)
Silverton Siege (NETFLIX FILM)
April 28
Samurai Rabbit: The Usagi Chronicles (NETFLIX FAMILY)
Bubble (NETFLIX ANIME)
April 29
Grace and Frankie: Season 7 - The Final Episodes (NETFLIX SERIES)
Honeymoon with My Mother (NETFLIX FILM)
Ozark: Season 4 Part 2 (NETFLIX SERIES)
Rumspringa (NETFLIX FILM)
What, a thousand 5-10hr rpgs? Ok

Ozriel

M$FT

Best practice is to read articles you share. Phil says in the article that he agrees and disagrees with the Netflix, and only in the cloud gaming context.

But this is a moot point. The OP didn’t just compare Gamepass to Netflix. They claimed Gamepass IS a streaming service. It’s not. It’s a subscription service targeted at game download, with a subset of the games being streamable.

The content has not arrived yet, we can expect a lot of gaas type games to fill the release schedule. Just like Halo:I did last year, very short term deal with heavy PR, tons of youtubers "support", short term fun, mostly in the media in the form of console wars.

Calling GaaS games like Call of Duty ‘fillers’ makes no sense.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I don’t know what we have seen on the App Store. The perceived devaluing of games because you can download them for a monthly fee is nothing but fanboy bullshit that was repeated after Jim used it as an excuse as to why Sony wouldn’t do it.

The first one talking about that was actually the late Iwata at GDC I believe (might be wrong on the venue), but happy to agree to disagree with you on this. What I have seen on the iOS App Store is the almost impossibility to sell software/games without a Free to Play model which led to software moving to either massive MTX based monetisation and content broken in batches and/or subscriptions (app rental). Asking $5-10 for a game on the App Store unless it is a massive IP is a lost cause… but we can pretend we love the App Store games economy and content…

But hey, you try to make a AAA big title on iPhone and Apple TV with great controller support and sell it for $29-59 and call me when the sales start rolling in ;).

Last edited:

noise36

Netflix is winning heaps of awards, best thing that ever happened to the quality and quantity of TV and movies.

If that happens to gaming, we are winning!

Last edited:
Calling GaaS games like Call of Duty ‘fillers’ makes no sense.
Really? Look at what's coming, the second project for each studio (or the first one if the game if far away).

Best practice is to read articles you share. Phil says in the article that he agrees and disagrees with the Netflix, and only in the cloud gaming context.

But this is a moot point. The OP didn’t just compare Gamepass to Netflix. They claimed Gamepass IS a streaming service. It’s not. It’s a subscription service targeted at game download, with a subset of the games being streamable.
Did you just describe Gamepass as a ‘streaming service’ ?
😂😂😂

- The important aspect of Netflix is not the streaming, it's the recurring income, like cable TV or any other subscription based service.
- However, in a sense you are perfectly right, they are making GamePass more like Prime video. A service where you get to pay to get the "core", however you can still pay for individual movies (in the case of gamepass you can "buy" the game for a discount, pay to play "before release", buy DLC, season passes, etc.). If this is not a form of GaaS I don't know what is.

Leyasu

Banned
Toshibanest, I still don't get your point.
Of course you don’t.

You were trying to say that because people will try a smaller game, devs and publishers will change the games they make.

What I tried to say was that I don’t think that you are right and there’s no evidence to support this. If they pull the plug on game sales and everything is only available on a subscription service then you could be right

Still I will concede to not knowing the future so you could be right.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
The first one talking about that was actually the late Iwata at GDC I believe (might be wrong on the venue), but happy to agree to disagree with you on this. What I have seen on the iOS App Store is the almost impossibility to sell software/games without a Free to Play model which led to software moving to either massive MTX based monetisation and content broken in batches and/or subscriptions (app rental). Asking $5-10 for a game on the App Store unless it is a massive IP is a lost cause… but we can pretend we love the App Store games economy and content…

But hey, you try to make a AAA big title on iPhone and Apple TV with great controller support and sell it for $29-59 and call me when the sales start rolling in ;).
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Seriously, this is not one of your best posts

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Sure, any subscription service for media could fall into this trap if poorly curated.

Remember the Wii shovelware? One could buy an endless collection of games for $1 - $5 each but they all sucked ass.

Edit: I need to emphasize it could happen, not that it will. The games on Game Pass so far have been mostly great and I don't intend on cancelling my sub any time soon

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Seriously, this is not one of your best posts

Sure, I do not win the coveted Leyasu award and you might be right that the loss of perceived game value on the App Store has no effect on games (the same App Store where Apple found value in setting a subscription service to offer games without IAP’s :LOL:) there and it is totally unlike a service where people play a flat monthly fee with the expectations of constant content coming in as a concept at all ;).

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Sure, any subscription service for media could fall into this trap if poorly curated.

Remember the Wii shovelware? One could buy an endless collection of games for $1 - 5$ each but they all sucked ass.
Indeed, you can see it on the eShop now too, there is lots of odd content there.

Banjo64

cumsessed
As to OP’s statement;

Some of my most anticipated games are from indie or AA teams. Playtonic, Moon Studios, Supergiant, Gears for Breakfast, Asobo - budget and development time doesn’t necessitate quality, even if Xbox wanted to go down this route.

Although it sounds like you’re cocksure.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
Sure, I do not win the coveted Leyasu award and you might be right that the loss of perceived game value on the App Store has no effect on games (the same App Store where Apple found value in setting a subscription service to offer games without IAP’s :LOL:) there and it is totally unlike a service where people play a flat monthly fee with the expectations of constant content coming in as a concept at all ;).
Lol the App Store and console/pc gaming is not the same and shouldn’t be compared. Hence why you are not winning post of the day, champ

Last edited:
Top Bottom