• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which one is better Neogaf or Resetera ?

Neogaf vs Resetera ?

• Neogaf

Votes: 395 88.6%
  • Resetera

Votes: 51 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's better, walking through a field of landmines, or walking through a field with the odd scarecrow?

I'm generally of the opinion that you have to be wrong first to be right. Because a person has always got to be capable of being corrected.

Certain people can never be corrected because they're always right, and for me that sums up Resetera.

Kev Kev

What's better, walking through a field of landmines, or walking through a field with the odd scarecrow?

I'm generally of the opinion that you have to be wrong first to be right. Because a person has always got to be capable of being corrected.

Certain people can never be corrected because they're always right, and for me that sums up Resetera.
so who is the odd scarecrow here?

Arkam

Sometimes I miss the old NeoGaf, before the Crystal cracked... but I was also perma banned a few months before. Here I can have an opinion. Sure sometimes its dumb and sometimes I am (really) drunk but at least I am given a voice. On Re I lasted one 3 day weekend before a perma ban for giving a citation that undermine a popular posters narrative.

Last edited:

Raven117

GutterTrash? Wow. Couldn’t have happened to a more reasonable poster.

(If they are banning him.... there will truly be no one left eventually. That poster was a poster child far left as they come)

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I think Neogaf exists in a cyclical 20 year loop.

The Gaf you’re reading currently and Resetera are the same place just at different points within that circle.

We need two more Gaf spin off forums so we can choose whichever 5 year period of the forum we like the best.

They came for the Duck. :messenger_confused:

wgO8vXC.png

Meanwhile, posts like this are given the complete thumbs up.

jrtm4dz.png

By the way, Sibylus avatar is an off-brand version of Communism. Once again, Reset tells us what ideologies they promote, and perhaps why they've gotten so cozy defending Communist China.

anti-white? pro CCP?

giphy.gif

Tencent owns resetera!

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I saw this on resetera and I just can’t.
There is a nuanced discussion to be had when it comes to the stimulus unemployment benefits and minimum wage for sure, but this makes my head spin:
CatAssTrophy
6 minutes ago
“another reason the "they make more than they would normally!" narrative needs to die, is that.... yeah... we SHOULD be making more than we normally would. we are having the shoulder the burden of expenses that normally our company covers. toiletries, higher electric bills, means to keep our minds entertained, etc.

when im normally spending 9 hours a day 5 x a week using someone else's toilet paper, snacks, office supplies, air conditioning, internet connection, and facilities, that's stuff i don't pay for myself. now suddenly it's all on me”

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Are they still on AoL disks? How the fuck is he not always paying for his internet before all this?

people make or break good forums, the individuals i mean, who're willing to stake worthy claims alone if necessary, even if it means getting axed

i'm constantly observing all channels, frequencies, gaf is far and away my favorite
Picturing Tesseract Tesseract as:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
United States of Europe? Imagine all of those storied nations with thousands of years of history, culture, and identity choosing to become monolithic with neighbors who may not share barely anything in common with them. This is an actual movement in Europe or is it just some far left fevered dream?

Karma Jawa

I saw this on resetera and I just can’t.
There is a nuanced discussion to be had when it comes to the stimulus unemployment benefits and minimum wage for sure, but this makes my head spin:
CatAssTrophy
6 minutes ago
“another reason the "they make more than they would normally!" narrative needs to die, is that.... yeah... we SHOULD be making more than we normally would. we are having the shoulder the burden of expenses that normally our company covers. toiletries, higher electric bills, means to keep our minds entertained, etc.

when im normally spending 9 hours a day 5 x a week using someone else's toilet paper, snacks, office supplies, air conditioning, internet connection, and facilities, that's stuff i don't pay for myself. now suddenly it's all on me”

That’s actually subsided here in the UK. Maybe not toilet paper but certainly increased utility bills.

JordanN

Banned
resetera is far from perfect,but making a million and one threads about them just makes this forum look bad. like a jilted ex bitching every chance they get.
Except this "ex-bitch" constantly threatens to kill you and also routinely harasses/doxxes developers in the industry.

Sorry but Resetera brought the attention to themselves. As the old saying goes "don't be starting something if you don't want nothing".

United States of Europe? Imagine all of those storied nations with thousands of years of history, culture, and identity choosing to become monolithic with neighbors who may not share barely anything in common with them. This is an actual movement in Europe or is it just some far left fevered dream?
Well, there are some ideas regarding this...
Especially the "Europe of regions" idea is not that bad, imo.
Would mean we wouldn't have Germany, Italy or France as entities anymore, but Bavaria, Saxony, Lorraine, Alsace, Tyrol, etc...

As a Bavarian, culturally I feel much more close to a person from Tyrol than to someone from Hamburg anyway.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I've been a GAF member for about 15 years now, but I went over to Resetera with the exodus. I still peruse GAF now and then but I have only posted at Era since the split.

HOWEVER, Era has changed since it's inception. The moderation has become randomly heavy handed, there doesn't seem to be much rhyme nor reason to who gets banned or for what.

Take me for example, I just served my first one week ban at Era simply for making a benign post about Elon Musk in a thread about him. It wasn't inflammotry nor derogatory and there were FAR worse posts in the same thread, yet some mod took my post the wrong way or something and banned me for a week. I have no idea which mod banned me, I appealed it and asked what the reason for the ban was but never recieved a reply so I have no idea what caused the ban nor how to avoid one in the future. In all honesty I'm not sure I'm going to post at Era much anymore simply because I can't tell on any given day what is acceptable and what isn't, the rules don't seem to apply for the most part.

Era has gotten so draconian with its moderation that it feels like a forum which actively discourages discussion. Maybe it always was and I just didn't realize it until the hammer randomly came down on me?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I've been a GAF member for about 15 years now, but I went over to Resetera with the exodus. I still peruse GAF now and then but I have only posted at Era since the split.

HOWEVER, Era has changed since it's inception. The moderation has become randomly heavy handed, there doesn't seem to be much rhyme nor reason to who gets banned or for what.

Take me for example, I just served my first one week ban at Era simply for making a benign post about Elon Musk in a thread about him. It wasn't inflammotry nor derogatory and there were FAR worse posts in the same thread, yet some mod took my post the wrong way or something and banned me for a week. I have no idea which mod banned me, I appealed it and asked what the reason for the ban was but never recieved a reply so I have no idea what caused the ban nor how to avoid one in the future. In all honesty I'm not sure I'm going to post at Era much anymore simply because I can't tell on any given day what is acceptable and what isn't, the rules don't seem to apply for the most part.

Era has gotten so draconian with its moderation that it feels like a forum which actively discourages discussion. Maybe it always was and I just didn't realize it until the hammer randomly came down on me?
You can see the very well-documented growth of authoritarian cancer here on GAF prior to the split (2015-2017) followed by a very well-documented exodus of the cancer cells to a new website followed by very well-documented spread of the authoritarian cancer in the new host as far back as 2018:

Enjoy the ride.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
That's exactly it. I also only came to realize how crazy era's moderation is after eating a highly biased ban, and that was about 2 years ago.

Last edited:

DKehoe

The big problem with GAF before the split was the mod culture. Mods were these quasi celebrities and so it became this joke to see them ban people for no good reason and people sucked up to them so much. One of the best things Evilore did after the change was to address that. Not just in terms of not banning people for petty bullshit but also that the mods are practically anonymous now.

JordanN

Banned
Reposting this here. Not only to get a rise out of TheMan TheMan for talking about Reset, but also to show the reveling hypocrisy.

EFWf3Nw.png

Reset loves Joe Biden now. So much so, that anyone who even questions him must be a "nazi" or "racist".
Even though he exemplifies all the worst traits they're supposedly against. A straight white male with tons of sexual baggage who just said for all Black Americans must vote for him or they might as well not exist.

I've never seen an internet forum this deranged while still having the audacity to shout they are morally superior to everyone else.

And if @404Ender ever shows up again, I'm still curious to know just how exactly the Republican Party is constantly called "white supremacist" without actually having anything to show for it?

Because according to Reset, anyone who votes for Trump must ALWAYS go shopping with Klan hoods on. Or that Republicans are holding these "marches" i never heard of.
Two things that are so easy to disprove without having to resort to science. Just common sense.

LrHOXOI.png

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned

I dig your avatar. What game is that? Looks familiar. A few of us here are Era refugees who fled due to no longer feeling at home in that community any longer. I hope you stick around for a while. I'll keep the water warm.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Reposting this here. Not only to get a rise out of TheMan TheMan for talking about Reset, but also to show the reveling hypocrisy.

EFWf3Nw.png

Reset loves Joe Biden now. So much so, that anyone who even questions him must be a "nazi" or "racist".
Even though he exemplifies all the worst traits they're supposedly against. A straight white male with tons of sexual baggage who just said for all Black Americans must vote for him or they might as well not exist.

I've never seen an internet forum this deranged while still having the audacity to shout they are morally superior to everyone else.

And if @404Ender ever shows up again, I'm still curious to know just how exactly the Republican Party is constantly called "white supremacist" without actually having anything to show for it?

Because according to Reset, anyone who votes for Trump must ALWAYS go shopping with Klan hoods on. Or that Republicans are holding these "marches" i never heard of.
Two things that are so easy to disprove without having to resort to science. Just common sense.

LrHOXOI.png

What does this post on Era have to do with me, and why do you keep tagging me? Why would I know anything about Republicans "constantly" being called white supremacists? Do you have me confused with someone from your Facebook feed?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Hello there Mengy

JordanN

Banned
D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
It seemed you had a strong interest in this subject of Republicans being called racist

That's not really all that interesting to me.

I already explained the point I was making. You keep erecting strawmen (and are now continuing to do so, into an entirely unrelated thread that up until your @-mention I hadn't even participated in). Please, just stop.

JordanN

Banned
That's not really all that interesting to me.

I already explained the point I was making.
Your point was Republicans are Nazis/White supremacists?

Again, you took it upon yourself to target me in that thread, otherwise, how is telling me that "I'm not aware" is important? For someone who isn't interested in this subject, you still took offense to the original post I made, which was arguing the opposite.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Then maybe next time, you shouldn't hound topics trying to tell someone they're wrong if it had nothing to do with the subject you were quoting?

I honestly didn't care or didn't find relevance with a link to "Southern strategy" when my post was clearly rejecting the idea that one U.S party is falsely portrayed in the media as being racist even after using historical evidence to debunk it.

Again, there would be no issue if you don't actually deny this.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Then maybe next time, you shouldn't hound topics trying to tell someone they're wrong if it had nothing to do with the subject you were quoting?

Oh, the irony...

Sorry that I got baited into derailing this thread with Jordan, y'all. I'll let you get back to the whole Era vs. GAF thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom