• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which one is better Neogaf or Resetera ?

Neogaf vs Resetera ?

• Neogaf

Votes: 395 88.6%
  • Resetera

Votes: 51 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i prefer here. you can speak your mind and the mods won't ban you. sure if you say something stupid and really out of order then yeah you'll get a warning/ban. this place just feels way more relaxed where as that place you feel like you're constantly walking on eggshells unless of course you are happy to play along with their narrative and be part of the hivemind. unless your opinion/thoughts are the correct ones then you'll be quickly pushed away from the site.

on here i can say something stupid in a joking way or in light mood. over there? how fucking dare you! it's inappropriate and dismissive of somebodys cat who identifies as a hamster! i must admit when everyone left i was one of them too but it was quickly made apparent i wasn't welcome there so came back here.

Just checked out resetera, I went to register and apparently you can't register with a hotmail or gmail account. Oh well guess I'll stick to GAF.

yeah, it's a bit dumb to be honest. they think it will make the site more secretive/exclusive. it's a PRIVILEGE to be accepted as a member there apparently! you should feel special.

jokes on them. i can make unlimited ISP email accounts. i used to always just sign up with a new one whenever i was smited with the almighty banhammer.

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
Why do people prefer the dark version of a message board? It's so depressing

As others note, it's way easier on the eyes. Especially for those of us mostly posting from phones/tables where the screen is closer to the eyes. Light causes eye strain and fatigue, problems sleeping if browsing near bed time etc. It didn't bother me in my younger days, but it has from my late 30s on for sure.

I only use light version

Mama said darkness is for the devil

giphy.gif

I’m going to need a little more time to think about this.

I expect a full response within the next 800 replies

Last edited:

Azzurri

Gaf for sure.

At least here you can express your opinion even if it's fucking stupid sometimes. On REEE you can't even complement Trump on ANYTHING with out getting a perma Ban.

Era is crazy, used to read it without logging in because dear fucking Jesus if you disagree.

It used be like that here sometimes because the insane ones doing there were trying and often succeeded in doing it here.

Although I never really log into GAF anymore I do enjoy reading it and seeing people being able to post freely. Not seeing threads turn into graveyards all the time.

Happy to see this thread, why was OP banned? Oh and those declining stats of Era vs the return of GAF is great to see.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Era is crazy, used to read it without logging in because dear fucking Jesus if you disagree.

It used be like that here sometimes because the insane ones doing there were trying and often succeeded in doing it here.

Although I never really log into GAF anymore I do enjoy reading it and seeing people being able to post freely. Not seeing threads turn into graveyards all the time.

Happy to see this thread, why was OP banned? Oh and those declining stats of Era vs the return of GAF is great to see.

I guess he had warning added up, and posted spoilers outside the spoiler thread.

There is a ban page at the bottom that shows all the bans.

IAmLegendary IAmLegendary May 1, 2020PermanentEnough warnings have been posted and the precedent set. You don't post leaked spoilers in threads.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Jokes aside, the answer is GAF and its not even close.

GAF doesn’t punish you for speaking your mind even if what you said stands-out from the rest. GAF doesn’t act like something but sneakily creating a cult that if anyone doesn’t agree with they’re immediately gone. The activity in the other place doesn’t mean anything. You can check most threads and most of the posts are (Agreed, This, 100% true...etc) on GAF you get discussions, you get people with different opinions yet nobody gets banned for stating their opinion. Years ago, GAF was like the other place today. But those rotten are long gone now and guess what? They formed the other place. Thats why you see GAF in a better place and more healthy
100%this.

Mad_Titan

Neo Member
I voted for Bernie this year, and in 2016. Even voted for Hillary. Voted Obama both terms prior as well, and voted for Governor Whitmer here in MI recently.

Still can't stand all this SJW safe space nonsense, or people who want to pretend like Bill Maher or Joe Rogan are right wing. It's too much.
Pretty much exactly how I feel.

JordanN

Banned
I finally put my finger on it.

The bloodlust Resetera has for Donald Trump reminds me of that time on old Neogaf when users were going ballistic over that Uncharted 3 thread.

4aB8eXj.png

Now compare the same animalistic frenzy that is Reset.

YxUekkh.png

They're worse than vultures but this time, they actually want people to die.

Papa

Banned
I finally put my finger on it.

The bloodlust Resetera has for Donald Trump reminds me of that time on old Neogaf when users were going ballistic over that Uncharted 3 thread.

4aB8eXj.png

Now compare the same animalistic frenzy that is Reset.

YxUekkh.png

They're worse than vultures but this time, they actually want people to die.

Sewing circles sure are looking good these days

Darth

The only good thing about Resetera is when you see users wake up and call out the BS that permeates their colony. It's only a shame their voices are silenced despite [ironically] being a minority.

Dd6FydO.png

That idiotic type of thread or idea within other threads gets posted fairly often there.

Moogle11

Banned
Those chains JordanN JordanN posted show how much filler noise there actually was, and has now gone to era. It would be really interesting to see how many posts on era are below the length of a tweet. or within 10% of it.

Yeah, having the like system here is huge. I think that has more to do with it than the user base to be honest. I was definitely one to often post short posts of agreement etc. Now I can just use the reactions and have slightly more reactions given than posts here so far.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Lol just posted on public resetera group on facebook

Resetera were kind enough to ban me for 2 weeks then changed that to permanently without ever asking me or discussing anything with me which is indicative of the state the forum has slid into recently.

I spent over 10 years on neogaf but 2 (or 3?) on resetera. They started resetera with good intentions, engaged in dialogue, gave out warnings but then resorted to subjectively biased bans in a heavy-handed top down fashion.

They gave themselves power in whatever limited fashion they could manage and this is what it revealed in them... and it isn't good.

A while back they got chewed out by the people they thought they created a safe space for and cared enough to listen, but they don't care one iota and throw out "modwhining" when they believe you to be outside of their purview. They are the worst type of progressives. The types that presume, then pass judgement without consideration for how others may formulate ideas and come to terms with difference of opinion.

There is little liberalism in how they operate. I get worked up about things, think about it, then formulate a better understanding.

If you ban someone before they can then respond with that latter point then you instill hostility in people and it stays there forever. By extension they end up making the world just a tiny little bit worse each time. That's what they've done here.

Their actions and their inability to see beyond their blinkered point of view has created an incestuous type of discussion forum dominated by toothless small talk and what has essentially become repetitive therapy sessions. I could've gathered up all of my trauma, all of my issues, and planted a flag in the forum so I could be seen as "worthy" for them but my past was none of their business and I didn't want to share it with a single one of them. Because it repeatedly bouncing around in an echo chamber is pointless and will never lead to anything constructive.

I sent them a reasonable email about all of this and if they changed the ban to permanent based off that then they are some of the pettiest most subjectively biased short-sighted individuals I've known. Certainly so to be overseeing a popular forum anyway.

They're a group that thinks they're liberal but they are blinded so much by their subjective bias that they're wandered right into a brand of conservatism that hangs liberalism around itself like a vacuous fashion statement. At no point have I reported the people that pissed me off on that forum because I genuinely believe in difference of opinion no matter how angry it makes me.

So perhaps myself and resetera are simply incompatible.

To this day I still think of the good memories of the neogaf of old, when it was at its best. I've never seen resetera approach what neogaf was. Perhaps those personalities simply called it a day and moved on leaving both sides at their worst.

What a sad end to what neogaf once was.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Lol just posted on public resetera group on facebook

“Their actions and their inability to see beyond their blinkered point of view has created an incestuous type of discussion forum dominated by toothless small talk and what has essentially become repetitive therapy sessions.”

100%

Reset banned me for inflammatory hostility. The post I made was neither inflammatory or hostile. I only viewed a few threads and now that’s gone as I won’t go back to a place that puts ridiculous reasons for a ban and is heavy handed on first time issues with no warning. The place at this point is a circle jerk even destroying the small sub communities with bullshit.

ShinNL

When racists try to claim the word racism and steal that word from me and are in position of power to dictate people, it drops to zero value. There's a lot of things I can ignore, but that's just something I will always speak out about. I made the mistake of jumping out of the frying pan into the fire that is ResetEra.

I'm pretty sure it will balance out though, it seemed to get worse by the day so I assume it curates itself: by the day more sane people will get banned and all that will be left is the final elite mentally unstable. It also helps that NeoGAF is actually curated from the insanity... the opposite of ResetEra.

I don't think that little circle understands that even if they repeat the same things over and over again, their flawed view of reality is not going to brainwash anyone but rather just annoy more and more people. Just like in real life, it's not that people agree with you if you do something wrong, but rather tolerate you. But if you keep up wrongful behavior, you suddenly will end up alone and you start wondering why.

Now I think about it.... that place might implode soon the same way that happened here a few years ago because of that type of moderation (wrongful censoring and dictation). Strange how people who are alienated and have almost everyone disagreeing with your views look for a position of power to alter and dictate views.... 🤔

JordanN

Banned
It's getting harder and harder for Resetera to contain the truth. Now they're starting to notice the developers who originally signed up have already left.

l9nlESx.png

I also want to give a shoutout to another user who just wanted to discuss games.

p8BHLNa.png

Last edited:

Rival

Gold Member
Resetera Mods pop boners the second they see someone that isn’t 100% clearly advancing social justice warrior causes. Sarcasm, dry humor, slight jokes, kidding, etc, is 1000% lost on their mods and you will be banned for anything less than a comment condemning anything they feel to be unacceptable even when your comment is clearly tongue in cheek or being “funny”. Fuck them all. Done with that place.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Resetera Mods pop boners the second they see someone that isn’t 100% clearly advancing social justice warrior causes. Sarcasm, dry humor, slight jokes, kidding, etc, is 1000% lost on their mods and you will be banned for anything less than a comment condemning anything they feel to be unacceptable even when your comment is clearly tongue in cheek or being “funny”. Fuck them all. Done with that place.

q23B9QU.jpg

nush

BoldMarvelousFlea-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom