• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which one is better Neogaf or Resetera ?

Neogaf vs Resetera ?

• Neogaf

Votes: 395 88.6%
  • Resetera

Votes: 51 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanN

Banned
They came for the Duck. :messenger_confused:

wgO8vXC.png

Meanwhile, posts like this are given the complete thumbs up.

jrtm4dz.png

By the way, Sibylus avatar is an off-brand version of Communism. Once again, Reset tells us what ideologies they promote, and perhaps why they've gotten so cozy defending Communist China.

Last edited:
They came for the Duck. :messenger_confused:

wgO8vXC.png

Meanwhile, posts like this are given the complete thumbs up.

jrtm4dz.png

By the way, Sibylus avatar is an off-brand version of Communism. Once again, Reset tells us what ideologies they promote, and perhaps why they've gotten so cozy defending Communist China.

How did it get this bad? Jfc.

I'll admit it. For the first six months to year of its existence, Era was great. It promised it wouldn't become what Gaf turned into circa 2015 - 2017 and if you somehow had a malinformed opinion, you maybe got a little warning, learned from it, and moved on.

Era is now worse than Old Gaf. Way worse. Holy shit...

I'll admit it. For the first six months to year of its existence, Era was great. It promised it wouldn't become what Gaf turned into circa 2015 - 2017 and if you somehow had a malinformed opinion, you maybe got a little warning, learned from it, and moved on.

Which old GAF? I view GAF In stages... Pre-stick it in the butt, post stick it in the butt and crazy omg fml eieio we are all on fire land.

Hustler

I was just perma banned on Resetera because I had the audacity to call someone out for calling half of America idiots and racists. All I said was I wouldn’t want anyone to generalize half of America based on one data point, who they voted for and said there are ignorant people in both political parties. Oh and the dude was derailing a COVID thread, calling me names and told me I was gaslighting... but I get banned because I was supporting bigotry? What...?

Was there since day 1, never had a warning or ban and always stayed away from political topics because I knew of the hive mind and disgust for any glimpse of trump support. And bam, perma ban, no warning or discussion. I was only on that site for the video game threads and from what I could tell the threads were more active than GAF overall. But looks like things may be shifting.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

No. It was shit from the outset.

Knch

The people that made cray-lefty-GAF cray-lefty-GAF made a new cray-lefty-not-GAF and you expected it to not turn into cray-lefty-not-GAF?!

BWJinxing

I'd have to second Reddit.

I'd used to one-stop shop NeoGAF, then the evillore scandal hit, the activity took a hit.

I find myself searching for topics of interest, tits included, but aside I spend more seeking out gaming topics there than here.

Resetera, I've not touched until recently, mainly because of the advertisement from how aweful it is, from here

PSYGN

I was just perma banned on Resetera because I had the audacity to call someone out for calling half off America idiots and racists. All I said was I wouldn’t want anyone to generalize half of America based on one data point, who they voted for and said there are ignorant people in both political parties. Oh and the dude was derailing a COVID thread, calling me names and told me I was gaslighting... but I get banned because I was supporting bigotry? What...?

Was there since day 1, never had a warning or ban and always stayed away from political topics because I knew of the hive mind and disgust for any glimpse of trump support. And bam, perma ban, no warning or discussion. I was only on that site for the video game threads and from what I could tell the threads were more active than GAF overall. But looks like things may be shifting.

If they keep their ban-hammering up they'll only have each other to ban.

Amneziak

aka The Hound
I got banned on ResetEra for a couple of weeks for saying that Bill Maher isn't Islamophobic. I was only arguing that he isn't, but I was banned for "defending Islamophobia." Pretty much killed my desire to talk about anything political there.

Off-topic here definitely seems more chill but the Politics side looks about as awful as RE, just in the opposite direction. Good idea to keep it separate.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
I got banned on ResetEra for a couple of weeks for saying that Bill Maher isn't Islamophobic. I was only arguing that he isn't, but I was banned for "defending Islamophobia." Pretty much killed my desire to talk about anything political there.

Off-topic here definitely seems more chill but the Politics side looks about as awful as RE, just in the opposite direction. Good idea to keep it separate.
i’d say the politics forum is made up of conservatives and leftists but overall tilts towards sanity
you can have a honest discussion which is what discussion boards are for

Javthusiast

Banned
They may have more discussions and quicker news, but everytime I browse through a reee thread I lose a part of my sould to the sheer stupidity that is happening there more often than not.

No question Gaf is better.

sevoro

ERA has no room for middle ground which just makes it cesspool of people who love to go on powertrips and silence nuance. GAF at least gives you a chance to engage with people you disagree with and you can potentially come to an understanding, whichever "side" they belong to.

nush

Gold Member
the initial reason for forming the whole forum was

To make money and flip it. Rich Asian kid got money from his dad to set it up. That's why other people who offered to fund a replacement were shut down as well as rejecting the suggestion of using some forum profits to donate to charities of causes they claim to champion.

Burning GAF to go to Resetera

AfraidBoldAnole-max-1mb.gif

jadefire66

That's bullshit. It was like this from the start. I got banned during its first month and never looked back.

JordanN

Banned
That's bullshit. It was like this from the start. I got banned during its first month and never looked back.
This.

We had a thread back in May 2018 and they already showed signs of mass insanity.

JORMBO May 26th 2018 said:
35 bans/warnings today and the day is only half way over.

A lot of the reasoning is entertaining to read...
Reason: User Banned (3 Days): Downplaying the consequences of colonialism

And this is a one day ban:
Reason: User Banned (1 Day): advocating murder

And they already had more bans than warnings by July 2018. Not even a full year since launching.

pLTNA78.png

Last edited:
You guys are too hard on Era.

It's not easy to have a total lockdown on open discussions for your members while catering to fringe narcissists while conning the industry you are a video game forum while making profit for one or two people.

That hustle ain't easy.

The fact this complete sham hasn't fallen apart already is impressive.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
You guys are too hard on Era.

It's not easy to have a total lockdown on open discussions for your members while catering to fringe narcissists while conning the industry you are a video game forum while making profit for one or two people.

That hustle ain't easy.

The fact this complete sham hasn't fallen apart already is impressive.

They mirror China in a lot of ways

To make money and flip it. Rich Asian kid got money from his dad to set it up. That's why other people who offered to fund a replacement were shut down as well as rejecting the suggestion of using some forum profits to donate to charities of causes they claim to champion.

Burning GAF to go to Resetera

AfraidBoldAnole-max-1mb.gif
I even wondered if that whole thing wasn't an orchestrated effort back then. They had that place up and running within days, branding included.

Skeletron

I got banned for speaking up in that DF Ion Fury shitstorm. I always tiptoed around the political threads but couldn't stand by and watch those fuckers hound darkx like that.

I'm not even the least bit conservative but that place seems to attract and provide a haven for some of the most insanely militant liberals I have ever seen. I honestly wonder how some of these people function day to day; do they just mope around quietly wishing death on their coworkers?

Neogaf, on the other hand...You can speak your mind here and I'm glad activity seems to have picked back up a bit but this place looks like a college kid's first-year dorm room or middle-aged guy's first apartment after a divorce w/ empty beer cans strewn around and tits 'n ass posters haphazardly taped up on the walls just because he can. If you want devs and industry professionals to feel comfortable here again I'm not sure this is the way. But I guess that ship has sailed.

JordanN

Banned
Neogaf, on the other hand...You can speak your mind here and I'm glad activity seems to have picked back up a bit but this place looks like a college kid's first-year dorm room or middle-aged guy's first apartment after a divorce w/ empty beer cans strewn around and tits 'n ass posters haphazardly taped up on the walls just because he can. If you want devs and industry professionals to feel comfortable here again I'm not sure this is the way. But I guess that ship has sailed.
Maybe I'm out of the loop, but I thought the game industry precisely targeted fresh out of college students?

There's no way they're all a bunch of stoic men in suits after seeing this video.

Now the people who control them (i.e Publishers/CEO's) that's a different story.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
There's no way they're all a bunch of stoic men in suits after seeing this video.

That's staged "Fun", I mean you're right but your example is just planned for confirmation bias. The bean counters mostly left you alone because they don't understand what you do, just that it makes money. Then it got industrialized by the likes of Ubisoft, Activision and EA.

cormack12

Gold Member

We get too many of the divorce/ex girlfriend analogies tbh. Here's one for Resetera. It was like when you have a mid-life crisis and start lashing out at everyone because you're fat and balding. So you walk out on your wife who was the best thing ever to happen to you. Your head gets turned by a new chick on /r/instagramreality and you bound over with your thirsty tongue hanging out and start feeling good because you get a lot of headpats from all the sycophants. You pay for a boob job for her and all the fake bake etc. Next minute the weight of the implants are pulling the skin loose under the armpits, the veneers fall off and you're left looking longfully at your first wife who looks even hotter these days

wfrr_reallena.jpg
b4e0291ae60c26b6809f91269b82c5ba.jpg

REEEEEEEEEEE V GAF

but this place looks like a college kid's first-year dorm room or middle-aged guy's first apartment after a divorce w/ empty beer cans strewn around and tits 'n ass posters haphazardly taped up on the walls just because he can
That sounds actually awesome... : D

Yeah, that's NeoGAF. And that's how it was from 2006 to 2010 when I fell in love with this place..

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
That sounds actually awesome... : D

Yeah, that's NeoGAF. And that's how it was from 2006 to 2010 when I fell in love with this place..

No shortage whatsoever of industry names posting on GAF during that time period, either. Todd Howard, Ted Price, countless others. Thing is, they posted casually and openly, without PR handlers, since Kotaku et al hadn't destroyed it all by blowing every GAF post up into a clickbait headline yet.

The "industry names" you see on Reset are mostly nobodies, because most industry professionals can't casually post on message boards with their names attached these days. That's the ship that has sailed, if anything.

I got banned for speaking up in that DF Ion Fury shitstorm. I always tiptoed around the political threads but couldn't stand by and watch those fuckers hound darkx like that.

I'm not even the least bit conservative but that place seems to attract and provide a haven for some of the most insanely militant liberals I have ever seen. I honestly wonder how some of these people function day to day; do they just mope around quietly wishing death on their coworkers?
You think those people have jobs? lol

You must've not been there long or you would know the answer to this is 'yes'

The formula for creating a successful topic in Era is pretty simple

-Come up with a personal problem you have -or- troubling story from the news

-Blame it on someone/something. Choices consist of:
-racism
-sexism
-Trump
-colonialism
-western society
-white people
-xxx-phobia

-Sit back and watch the praise roll in

JordanN

Banned
Ok, now here's something wild.

FCDOyzj.png

For those out of the loop, gutter_trash was one of Reset's most far left users. Like, balls deep in Justin Trudeau's ass leftist.

And yet, he just got permed for wanting Portugal to remain Portuguese. In a thread whose hidden agenda is about erasing Europe.

Actually, it's not hidden. The OP spells it out.

2yH7TlM.png

Last edited:

FCDOyzj.png

For those out of the loop, gutter_trash was one of Reset's most far left users. Like, balls deep in Justin Trudeau's ass leftist.

And yet, he just got permed for wanting Portugal to remain Portuguese. In a thread whose hidden agenda is about erasing Europe.

2yH7TlM.png

Its so simple! Just look at the US! All the states love each other all the time and there is never any animosity at all...nope...never.

Papa

Banned

FCDOyzj.png

2yH7TlM.png

"just numbered regions" sends chills down my spine

fuckin commies, man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom